No workout session is better without a good pair of wireless Bluetooth headphones to go with it. No wonder, every Joe in town has a decent pair of workout headphones to enjoy podcasts on the move if it’s not the virtual workout group where anyone can just sign up, plug-in a wireless over-ear headphone and break a sweat.
Headphones have indeed become very popular in our Morden world so much that if you are lucky to get the right wireless headphones, brace your self for the best sound experience you have ever enjoyed!
Now that you are here, then it must mean that you are looking for a wireless noise-cancellation over the ear headphone for working out. And the great news is that in this article, we have compared and listed some of the best wireless over-ear headphones. Our goal is to help you find an exact match for a match to what you are looking for.
Before you continue, check out The Ultimate Headphone Buyer’s Guide
But before we move forward, you must know that there are plenty of different over the ear headphones for working out available on the market. This can also be a blessing and a curse if you do not know how to pick the best one, whether it’s entirely based on your budget or you have no ceiling at all!
All in all, it is not an easy task because some are very expensive yet they don’t offer quality sound, while some may be fairly priced if not very affordable but offering sound of great quality too, so it’s a 50/50 game.
Our headphones for working out buyer’s guide should, therefore, help you find the best over-ear headphones for working out at the right price.
Why over the ear headphones workout?
Why you want the best headphone for working out may be different from why you need the best headphones for running. Working out headphones over ear have features which you can’t find on running earbuds and normal headphones, eg. both the purpose and signatures can differ.
Working out headphones over ear have some features which you should consider before buying.
Unlike earbuds, over-ear Bluetooth headphones for working out are big (bulky), one which provides over-ear balance and clamp so it stays tight enough not to hurt the ears or head, but also lightweight.
Bluetooth headphones for working out needs to be comfortable wearing them, this is because taking a long exercise or gym with wobbly headphone will give you total discomfort. Find a clamp gym over-ear headphone that has a warranty on it.
- Wireless headphones:
The most preferable work out headphones are wireless headphones, wired headphones are not commonly used because there are many issues like cable noise, cable interference, and disruptions. Wireless over-ear headphone allows free movement, complete comfort just like you are relaxing at home. Reading product descriptions will give more guidance on this.
The lighter headphones weight are the better experience you will have. When running, one thing you don’t need is a heavy headphone, light over-ear headphones are recommended for use in working out. Always check the weight of the headphones for a rough idea of what type of over-ears headphone you are buying.
- Noise cancelling:
Noise cancelling headphones improves sound quality and reduces external noises. Whether its an outdoor working out or indoor working out, an over-ear noise cancelling headphone will not only block out traffic noise, it will also help with loud gym music and distractions that come with it.
Durable over-ear headphones are one of the features you should look for, because there are quite a few things that can easily damage the headphones like; falling out, hitting against walls and gym pieces of equipment and many others. Well built work out headphones are designed to last, some of these headphones have strong and durable material for long-lasting.
Sound is a motivational feature every workout over-ear headphones should have. Clarity of sound, deep bass and richer sound waves should be a perfect best running headphone. Every detail of a good headphone workout sums up to a better sound and larger speakers, unlike earbuds.
- Top 10 Best Open Back Headphones Under 100
- Top 10 Best Open Back Headphones Under 300
- Top 10 Best Open Back Headphones With Detachable Cables
- Top 10 Best Open Back Headphones For Gaming
What to look for when buying wireless over-ear headphones for working out?
Don’t surprised that the market is flushed with best workout wireless headphones. Yes, as we said before, there are a lot of headphones available on our markets today and knowing which one is best can be a tough job, but that’s why we are here, to make things easy for you.
And, when you are on the market for your wireless headphones, here’s some of the key little nuggets of some basic things to look out for before you buy wireless over-ear headphones for working out:
- The Battery Lifespan Per Charge: The first thing you should look at when buying wireless headphones is the battery life the battery should be durable and also last for a couple of hours.
- You should as well look at the wireless Bluetooth range
- They should be comfortable and not weigh too much
- They shouldn’t be too expensive
- They should have good noise cancellation
Below we have listed the 10 best wireless over-ear headphones for working out:
Top 10 Work out Wireless Over-Ear Headphones Reviews
1. Soul X-TRA performance Bluetooth wireless over-ear headphones
These over-ear headphones will give you the best sound experience you can imagine; you connect them to your device through Bluetooth. It is portable and you can safely carry them in your bag.
This is a high-performance Bluetooth over-ear headphones for sports, this headphone is the running best headphones, not just for pure gym entertainment, but also for you to stay strong, powerful, and gym motivated at all time. This over-ear wireless headphone comes with some good features like:
This a foldable over-ear headphone which is ideal for travelers, easily bagged and safe space.
It is a clamp-on a headphone and generally lightweight, this enables it to stay on even if you work out tough.
The headband provides comfort using a breathable headband design.
A flashing or still LED light for night workouts so you stay noticeable.
The earpads are sweatproof and can be removed and washed
Connects to any Bluetooth device with complete stability using the Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity.
The signature sound quality for this wireless over-ear headphone is very good, using advanced HD drivers.
The clear bass, mids, and highs are due to the circuitry design.
A fast charge and 24 hours playtime, also a 150 playtime minutes with just 15 minutes charge.
It works with PS4 just like most headphones for over-ear, but you may have to connect it and change the controller setting to all audio instead of the chat audio.
The IPX rating for this over-ear workout headphone is 6- Awesome.
If you are an eyeglass wearer, this headphone should be fine, it doe not affect the headphone or the glasses.
This is also ideal for hiking and weight training, because of its comfortability.
If you want a replacement ear cups, you can get this on the company site.
This is a Bluetooth over-ear headphone powered by built-in lithium-Ion rechargeable batteries using a USB cable.
You can skip songs using the volume (+) and (-) buttons, by holding on to the buttons.
The flashing LED light comes on automatically, click on it twice to turn it off.
- They’ll give you good sound quality far from too many waves
- They are very light in weight meaning you won’t be feeling any weight in your head even if you use them for longer hours
- They have a light system which will light your way during dark hours of running or jogging or walking home
- They have pads that are removable, meaning you can remove and wash them to keep them looking clean
- The battery is durable, can last for a couple of hours without being charged
- The design of the headphones is durable and very attractive
- The headphones require continuous charging which can be of inconvenience to you at time
2. Bluetooth wireless headphones workout over-ear, Hi-Fi stereo headset
These headphones can play up to 20 hours before the battery dies, they are excellent for traveling and workouts as well. The design is pretty awesome and is durable. You can connect them to any Bluetooth device of your choice. They produce the sound of great quality as well, with clear sound.
This headphone over-ear workout headset is powered by a 40mm neodymium drivers which produce an ultimate bass. This is another good over-ear headphones for a workout with some interesting features which are:
It is made with memory form and leather for head and ear comfort no matter how tight they are.
A tight seal ear cups which provides stability, comfort and reduce external noise.
The tight seal help increase sound/music experience.
Superior sound quality and deliver powerful bass, high and mid richer sound.
It has a foldable or twistable ear cups to fit in the carry case, not a foldable headband.
It connects with Bluetooth 4.1 for stable and fast connections.
The over-ear Bluetooth can connect to a range of 33 ft.
The built-in rechargeable battery can last 24 hours playtime.
Built-in hands free noise isolation microphone for voice over calls.
Play, pause, volume, and skip button functions makes this easy to operate on the move.
A detachable 3.5mm aux cable so you can connect to non-Bluetooth devices.
The audio impedance for this over-ear headphone is 32 ohms and frequency resp is 20Hz-20Hz.
It connects to all Bluetooth devices including TV and MacBook, but be sure to turn off any connected device before trying to pair another device.
This is not only a gym over-ear headphone but can also be used at work, on a plane or listening to a podcast.
If you are a glass wearer, this is comfortable at first, but may later become uncomfortable after some time.
If this earpad wears out, you may not get the exact replacements as it is not been sold, but you may try to replicas.
To know if the headphone is been charged, there are tiny 3 lights on the right side, when it is red it means charging, when they turn blue it means fully charged.
This is foldable by rotating the ear cups to fit in the case but are not foldable headband.
- They are easy to pair with any Bluetooth device
- The battery lasts for up to 20 hours meaning you can use them all day long
- The headphones have superior audio engineering for quality sound
- The headphones are very easy to operate
- The headphones are very expensive
3. Mpow Bluetooth over-ear hi-fi stereo wireless foldable headphones
These headphones will give you impressive sound quality and have a very awesome battery life of up to 30 hours. You can use these headphones all day long without thinking of charging them.
The mpow over-ear headphone has a noise cancelling and feedforward and feedback technology for external noise reduction, and both wireless and wired connection. Some of the features for this mpow headphone include:
It has a 90-degree swivel ear cup.
Adjustable headband for a comfortable fit.
It has an around-ear pad for comfort and long-time wearing.
It is foldable for easy packing.
Has a Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity for a stable and fast connection.
The Bluetooth connects up to 33 feet space.
Connects to any Bluetooth devices and may require Bluetooth adapter for some TV.
A 2 years warranty and 45 days money back.
The ear cup has volume, power on/off, ANC, skip, and handsfree call buttons.
30 hours playtime
It has an audio adapter for non-Bluetooth devices.
The microphone works only on wireless Bluetooth mode.
Can be connected to airplane entertainment.
- These headphones have a very long battery life up to 30 hours
- They will give you good quality sound
- They are made from skin-friendly material which makes them very comfortable when you wear them
- These headphones will allow you to make phone calls because of its inbuilt mic
4. Definitive technology symphony 1 over-ear Bluetooth wireless headphones
These headphones are best for working out because of the long battery life and the fact that they are wirelessly connected making them not bulky. They have a very good noise cancellation technology that will help you concentrate when working out without any background noises.
The definitive technology symphony 1 head-fi is an audiophile-grade wireless Bluetooth with a 50mm driver for a more definitive sound with high and mid richer sound, natural sound and deep bass. This beautiful over-ear headphone is just outstanding with many some important features which include:
These symphonized headphones have a well closed-back design that prevents sound leakage and also prevents external noise.
An active noise cancelling technology reduces ambient noise.
Built with quality materials like a metal construction, leather-padded headband and plush leather ear cups for comfortability.
Adjustable headbands with swivel ear cups for easy adjustments, packing or traveling.
This definitive technology wireless speakers Bluetooth 3.1 or 2.1 with hands free calling.
A built-in rechargeable battery that lasts 15 hours playtime.
It is both wireless and wired over-ear headphone with a 3.5mm audio cable.
It has on-ear buttons for volume, power on, Bluetooth, ANC, skip tracks and answer call buttons.
They weigh 11.3 ounces almost like normal over-ear headphones.
The symphony 1 is a linear sound over-ear headphone.
Connects easily with other Bluetooth devices.
Signs for (L) and (R) are not marked on-ear cup, rather on the under the headband with ear cup adjustments.
It uses a dual-microphone noise canceling beamforming setup.
Adjustable headbands with swivel ear cups for packing or traveling.
This symphony 1 has a built-in USB DAC.
It can be used with a 3.5mm to 1/4 adapter and can also be hooked to a digital output on a PC.
For glass wearers, this can work with small or thin temples, not for larger temples or it may affect the ear cup seal.
The microphone has no mute buttons.
Works with PS4 on a wired audio cable.
- These headphones consist of Bluetooth connectivity for calls
- They will give a deep bass for natural clear sound-stage
- They have a closed-back over the ear design for active noise cancellation
- The battery life is shorter as compared to other headphones we have listed here
5. Cowin E7 pro active noise-canceling headphones Bluetooth headphones
These headphones are of high quality and they are one of the best in noise cancellation, meaning all you’ll hear when working out is your music, there’ll no background disturbances. These headphones are very comfortable even if you wear them for hours on your ears, you will not feel any discomfort.
The Cowin E7 Pro is an active noise cancelling workout over-ear headphone and can serve as a travel and work headphone. This headphone help to reduces external noise and produces a very good sound bass. This Cowin e7 pro has some good features which include:
This is an upgraded Cowin e7 pro.
It has a soft ear protein cushion for complete comfort while you are on the move.
90-degree swivel earcups.
Around-Ear skin texture and lightweight.
An active noise cancelling technology.
ANC works for both wireless and wired connections.
A 45mm driver for deep richer bass and sound clarity.
A built-in microphone for hands free calling and a Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity for a stable and fast connection.
It has a built-in 800mAh battery and last 30 hours playtime.
Comes with 18 months warranty.
Built-in call answer, volume, ANC, power of/on, and play/pause buttons.
Good for a long-time wearing due to the softness of the ear cushion.
The microphone can be used on office conference calls but may experience echoing sound on the other side.
Up to 40 feet Bluetooth connectivity.
The batteries are non-replaceable.
Better sound quality, much comfortable, better ANC, and design.
Fit even XL head shape with adjustable headband.
ANC may be affected while in motion.
Can be used on an airplane entertainment device.
Cowin E7 Pro Review Color Variety
The difference between Cowin E7 and Cowin E7 Pro
The Cowin E7 Pro has:
- It has better noise cancellation
- Entertaining sound quality
- It is more comfortable
- It has better design and much cooler
- These headphones have a noise-canceling technology that will improve your entire sound experience
- They have a very soft ear cushion for more comfort
- They have a very strong battery life of about thirty hours
- These headphones are expensive
- The microphone can be affected while in motion
6. Mpow 059 Bluetooth headphones over-ear Hi-Fi stereo wireless headset
Prepare to be amazed by these foldable, soft memory-protein earmuffs, built-in Mic and wired mode for PC, cell phones and TV read pair of Mpow wireless headphones!
They are the type of headphones know to be very popular in the market places, they are very unique when it comes to noise cancellation and will give you the best sound experience you have been longing for.
The battery life is very good and will last for about twenty hours. They are very comfortable too and pretty awesome for working out.
This Mpow 059 over-ear headphone is a passive noise isolating 40mm neodymium driver with a powerful bass sound and a cushion design to seal the ears from external sound. It has some interesting features which include:
It has around-ear cushion design for a good seal external sound.
A closed-back design to help increase the sound wave and a memory-protein ear cushion for comfort.
It is designed to trap in sound and avoid leakage.
A soft well-padded headband for a good fit which stays on without any discomfort making it more durable.
A foldable headband with a carry case for easy storage and transport.
This is a wireless Bluetooth 4.1 over-ear headphone.
With a battery life of 20 hours playtime and a 10 minutes quick charge for up to 2 hours playtime.
An audio cable for connection with non-Bluetooth devices.
A built-in microphone and hands free calling feature.
The Bluetooth 4.1 provides a fast, stable, and 33 feet long connection.
To pair this Bluetooth over-ear headphone, press the center button (power button) on the right side for 5 seconds, the red and blue light will flash, turn device Bluetooth on and search for the headphone, then connect the headphone.
To connect TV, follow the above instruction but make sure TV have Bluetooth connectivity. But make sure to unplug the cable from the headphone, if the cable is connected to headphone, this may affect connectivity.
Most functions will be affected if the cable is plugged into the headphone.
If your TV will not connect, get a Bluetooth connector (transmitter), this will enable smooth connections to the over-ear headset.
This over-ear Bluetooth headset fits comfortable for most head shapes.
This is not a water-resistant over-ear headphone, but are design to seal off sweat. Once you use then for a workout, use a microfiber towel to wipe the ear cups to prevent sweat smell and to dry it out.
This may not work with PS4 depending on when you last updated your system, some other headphones are compatible with PS4. Some developers/manufacturer update the software to deter third party connections with other headphones.
This over-ear wireless headphone connects to PS3.
This headphone will turn off if not used after 10 minutes to save battery.
- These headphones will give you the sound of high-quality
- They are very comfortable; you can wear them for hours without feeling any discomfort
- They are foldable and come with a portable bag
- The battery lasts for about 20 hours
7. Sennheiser Momentum Over-ear wireless headphones
These headphones have been highly recommended by many users, they look very attractive since they are built with premium leather and a strong metal frame plus a rustic look which makes it great.
The battery lasts for about 20 hours and what customers love most about them is that they can even be worn for days without any discomfort to the head or ears.
These headphones also have a very active noise-cancellation technology and a very good Bluetooth connectivity range of 30ft.
- These are very easy to use
- Have a very strong battery life
- They very good at noise cancellation
- They are very expensive
8. Jabra move wireless over-ear Bluetooth headphones
These speakers have a 29 Ohm impedance and a speaker max input power of 80mw, the sound performance of these headphones are crisp and balanced and the mids and highs are pretty awesome too, the design of the headphones is very attractive and these are simply said to be one of the best over-ear headphones.
The battery will last for about 8 hours at high volumes which is something most customers hate about these headphones.
- They produce great sound for the price
- The Bluetooth signal is awesome
- They have a bold design and are lightweight and easy to carry around
- They are expensive
- The battery lasts for only 8 hours on moderate volume
9. Sony WH-1000Xm3 noise-canceling Bluetooth headphone
These are an over the ear wireless Bluetooth headphones with microphone, Hi-Res audio, and a very active sound cancellation technology, the battery lasts for about 30 hours and the wireless range of Bluetooth connectivity is 30FT.
One feature loved mostly by customers about these set of wireless headphones is the three mode tricks these headphones have, the ambient noise mode, the quick attention mode, and the LDAC codec, these are for different levels of music enjoyment
- They have a noise-cancellation technology
- They have 3 mode function for different levels of music enjoyment
- They have broad and clear sounding audio
- They have a long battery life
- Built-in Alexa
- The design is very common
- They are expensive
- Hinges are fragile and require careful handling
10. Sennheiser PXC 550
These headphones have an awesome battery life of 30 hours and are a great choice when it comes to sound quality. They have a very good noise cancellation technology and a Bluetooth wireless range of 30ft.
When powered on these headphones will automatically pair to the last connected device via Bluetooth 4.2 And will remember two devices at a time.
The design of the headphones is very attractive but simple and a lot of customers love that.
- They have great 30 hours battery life with noise-canceling
- They are well designed and attractive
- They produce great and quality sound
- Has a sensitive touch control pad
- These headphones are expensive
- Best Bluetooth Speakers That Are Waterproof
- Bluedio Headphones
- Best Noise Cancelling Headphones Under 100
- Floor Standing Speakers With Subwoofer
- Mordaunt Short M10 Vs Wharfedale Diamond 9
- Top 10 Best Budget Bookshelf Speakers UK
- Noise Cancelling Earbuds For Running 2019
- Best Ceiling Speakers For Surround Sound
- Best Bluetooth Outdoor Speakers
- Best Portable Bluetooth Speakers Under £100
- Why over the ear headphones workout?
- What to look for when buying wireless over-ear headphones for working out?
- 1. Soul X-TRA performance Bluetooth wireless over-ear headphones
- 2. Bluetooth wireless headphones workout over-ear, Hi-Fi stereo headset
- 3. Mpow Bluetooth over-ear hi-fi stereo wireless foldable headphones
- 4. Definitive technology symphony 1 over-ear Bluetooth wireless headphones
- 5. Cowin E7 pro active noise-canceling headphones Bluetooth headphones
- The difference between Cowin E7 and Cowin E7 Pro
- 6. Mpow 059 Bluetooth headphones over-ear Hi-Fi stereo wireless headset
- 7. Sennheiser Momentum Over-ear wireless headphones
- 8. Jabra move wireless over-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 9. Sony WH-1000Xm3 noise-canceling Bluetooth headphone
- 10. Sennheiser PXC 550