Even though video editing seems to be a simple task, it demands the most powerful computers equipped with high-end graphics cards to display the necessary output results. However, technology improved so much in years, and people may readily edit films on their computers by using a certain form of video editing software. But to answer the important question, what laptop specs do I need for video editing?
The best laptop spec for video editing is MacBook Pro with M1 Pro or M1 Max chipsets, it has narrower bezels, stunning mini-LED Liquid Retina XDR screens, and a MagSafe 3 charging connector and HDMI-out for attaching screens, and an SD memory reader for real-world cameras. The laptop also has an inspiring performance, longer battery life, a 1080p webcam, three enhanced microphones, and a fantastic six-point speaker system.
This does not imply that costly laptops only may be used for video editing, but rather that any laptop that meets the very minimal criteria for video editing while being acquired at a reasonable price can be used for the task. Before purchasing a computer for video editing, it is necessary to examine its applications.
The Random Access Memory (RAM), the CPU, the storage capacity, the graphics card, the operating system, the screen size, resolution, mobility, and the battery power are all the fundamental specifications necessary for video editing.
Even though you can edit films on your laptop, experts advocate a bulky desktop setup since it is better for video editing on a wide scale, which is achieved using heavy gear. There is just one drawback: you cannot transport a desktop computer; here is where laptops come in and steal the show.
Consequently, it is essential to consider certain parameters while purchasing a laptop. The main issue with laptops is that they have the average processing power and limited storage space. As a video editor or filmmaker, it is best to choose a laptop above average in terms of processing power and characteristics that can handle video editing and deliver the best possible results.
Video editing laptop guide
Below is a guide on how to choose the best video editing laptop and software:
Storage is critical, and a PC must have enough of it. Small storage is detrimental for video editing. Ignoring this when buying your PC may result in additional expenditures as you will need to acquire external storage to support your editing and increase your storage.
For video editing, you need 500 GB of internal storage. However, that doesn’t imply you should rest; you should get a bigger storage space to save more films if you can afford it. SSDs are preferred over conventional HDDs due to their superior performance and speed.
An SSD laptop may run four times quicker than an HDD laptop. Unlike HDDs, SSDs seldom crash. Four HDD computers may crash, but one SSD laptop can outlast them all. Buying a PC with SSD storage over an HDD is prudent.
To edit a video, you’ll need a lot of computational power. It’s crucial to remember that heavy processing requires the RAM and Central Processing Unit (CPU).
When it comes to video editing, you need a lot of Random Access Memory (RAM) since it might produce temporary files on the machine while you’re working on motion graphics. The more RAM you have, the more rapidly you can conduct video operations and store temporary files during playback.
If you can detect that the RAM on your laptop is not adequate, you should update and increase the RAM’s capacity.
If you have an 8 GB memory notebook, you can edit 720-1080p video files. However, editing 4K movies would need more RAM than the 8 GB provided by the laptop. Therefore, to get the best results while editing 4k films, you need to boost your RAM from 16 GB to 32 GB, ideal for video editing.
Suppose you require the most performance from a video editing program. In that case, several system requirements need to be satisfied, so consider the processor you want to utilize as well. A computer’s central processing unit (CPU) plays a critical role in video editing.
It all relies on the processor’s speed, can easily get by with an Intel i5 of the 8th generation or a corresponding AMD Ryzen. Still, you’ll need an Intel 8 core Central Processing Unit or AMD equivalent for best performance. The best CPU to use would be an Intel Xeon or above in terms of performance.
Screen Size and Resolution
Video editing requires more than just a media display supporting 1080p quality.
Video in 4K is becoming more popular with so many 1080p videos; why? First, most people produce video in 4K and then downscale it during post-production to 1080p for sharing.
To edit in 4K, you’ll need a screen displaying the resolution in that format. One advantage of laptops over desktops is that many now offer 4K resolution. So purchase a PC capable of supporting 4K resolution.
Another thing you’ve probably noticed is that the size of your video editing screen is significant—more surface area for video editing on a larger screen.
If you’re constantly on the go, a 14-inch screen might be more convenient to pack and lighter to carry. In addition, larger displays provide a higher quality visual experience because of the higher pixel count.
Graphics card issue is sometimes overlooked, but it is critical for anybody involved in video editing to have a video card. The Nvidia GeForce family of graphics cards or the AMD Radeon family are the two alternatives for acquiring graphic cards. NVIDIA used to be the market leader when generating excellent graphics cards, but AMD has now surpassed NVIDIA in producing unique graphics cards.
The video editing software you use influences your computer’s graphic card you need to buy. Additionally, while doing intensive editing, it is essential to have strong graphics cards installed.
It is also essential to explore why individuals favor laptops over desktop computers, in contrast to a desktop computer, which you cannot carry in the palm of your hands. A laptop computer may be taken everywhere, whether at work, school, or any other location where you must use the laptop computer. For example, a video editor may choose to complete their editing at home or another location.
Consequently, it is essential to have a lightweight laptop that does not cause you a lot of difficulties while transporting it. However, the only disadvantage of using a light laptop is that the display is typically 14 inches in size. This means you will have less screen space to perform your video editing activities and a slower GPU unless the laptop’s materials were the laptop constructed are naturally lightweight.
This is why desktop computers are still favored over laptop computers for video editing. However, thanks to technological advancements, a laptop can still be made portable and lightweight without sacrificing its excellent performance characteristics.
Even though batteries do not influence your video editing, they are vital to consider. Desktop computers do not utilize batteries, but we are now explicitly discussing laptop computers that use batteries.
Because video editing consumes a significant amount of power, your laptop’s battery must be capable of withstanding your video editing activities. For this reason, many individuals choose to utilize desktop computers for video editing.
Because video editing consumes a significant amount of time, a laptop with a powerful battery that can last for an extended period while also withstanding the whole video editing process, which should be noted as a drain on the battery, is essential. Therefore, you will want a laptop that satisfies all of the minimal criteria for video editing, as well as a battery that is capable of lasting at least 10 hours.
16 Best laptops for video editing
The top video editing laptop right now is Apple’s 2021 MacBook Pro. Of course, there’s a 14-inch model that’s just as powerful and easier to carry. However, Apple’s new M1 Pro and M1 Max chipsets make the older Intel-based 16-inch MacBook Pros surprisingly good video editing platforms. Even though the older 13-inch MacBook Pro with M1 is less powerful than the 2021 MacBook Pro, it is still a great choice.
The Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 is another excellent all-around video editing laptop for Windows users. While it’s a gaming laptop, it’s AMD Ryzen 9 CPU and discrete GeForce GPU make it suitable for most video editing tasks. In addition, it boasts an 11-hour battery life, is lightweight, has a beautiful screen, and is surprisingly inexpensive.
In terms of power, the Alienware m17 R2 features a 17.3-inch screen and enough processing capacity to handle even the most demanding video editing jobs. However, for heavy 4K video editing, I suggest the Alienware m15 R4. It’s slower than the m17 R2 and has a smaller screen, but the bright 4K display will help you keep track of every single detail in your next project.
1. MacBook Pro 16-inch 2021
2021 Apple MacBook Pro (16-inch, Apple M1 Pro chip with 10‑core CPU and 16‑core GPU, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD) - Space Gray
- Apple M1 Pro or M1 Max chip for a massive leap in CPU, GPU, and machine learning performance
- Up to 10-core CPU delivers up to 2x faster performance to fly through pro workflows quicker than ever
- Up to 32-core GPU with up to 4x faster performance for graphics-intensive apps and games
- 16-core Neural Engine for up to 5x faster machine learning performance
- Longer battery life, up to 21 hours
A 16-inch MacBook pro with M1 Pro or M1 Max chipsets geared for video editing may be the answer. This model has narrower bezels than the prior Intel-based model to make room for the stunning mini-LED Liquid Retina XDR screens. After the notch, you’ll be impressed by the contrast and fluidity, particularly with the 120Hz refresh.
Plus, you get the ports that professionals want; there is a MagSafe 3 charging connector and HDMI-out for attaching screens and an SD memory reader for real-world cameras. Also, don’t imagine MagSafe eliminates USB-C charging: the MacBook Pro’s Thunderbolt 4/USB4 connectors consume juice as well. You also get a 1080p webcam, three enhanced microphones, and a fantastic six-point speaker system.
- Inspiring performance
- Longer battery life
- The display isn’t 4K
- M1 Max is expensive
2. Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 14" VR Ready 120Hz FHD Gaming Laptop,8Core AMD Ryzen 9 4900HS(Beat i7-10750H),16GB RAM,1TB PCIe SSD,Backlight,Wi-Fi 6,USB C,NVIDIA GeForce RTX2060 Max-Q,Win10 (Moonlight White)
$1,450.00 in stock
2 used from $1,198.00
- 14in Full HD Display with 1920 x 1080 Resolution with 120Hz refresh rate, Latest AMD Ryzen 9 4900HS(beat 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10750H), 8 Core processor up to 4.30GHz
- 1TB SSD, 16GB DDR4 RAM
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Max-Q graphics Backed by 6GB GDDR6 dedicated video memory, Virtual Reality Ready
- Speakers with Smart AMP Technology and Dolby Atmos, Two 2.5W speakers produce incredible Dolby Atmos sound, Wireless/Wired connectivity (WiFi 6 - 802.11 ax)
- Chiclet keyboard with white backlight, Allows you to enjoy comfortable and accurate typing, even in dim lighting., Weighs 3.64 lbs. and measures 0.7" thin, Windows 10 Home
Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 is a rugged, potable and unique gaming laptop. In our evaluation device, the AMD Ryzen 9 processor delivers enough power without emptying the battery in a couple of hours. With the Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Max-Q GPU, this 14-inch laptop is compelling.
This gaming laptop’s wonderful 11-hour battery life is the main reason it tops my list. That type of battery life on a high-performance laptop is rare. Sure, there’s no webcam, and the keyboard illumination isn’t perfect, but depending on your privacy preferences, the absence of a built-in camera may be a plus. Nevertheless, despite being a gaming laptop, the Asus ROG Zephyrus 14 is a tremendous all-around video editing.
- Super portable design
- 11-hour battery life
- No webcam
- Backlit keyboard prob
3. MacBook Pro 13-inch (M1, 2020)
2020 Apple MacBook Pro with Apple M1 Chip (13-inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD Storage) - Space Gray
$1,149.99 in stock
5 used from $1,011.99
- Apple-designed M1 chip for a giant leap in CPU, GPU, and machine learning performance
- Get more done with up to 20 hours of battery life, the longest ever in a Mac
- 8-core CPU delivers up to 2.8x faster performance to fly through workflows quicker than ever
- 8-core GPU with up to 5x faster graphics for graphics-intensive apps and games
- 16-core Neural Engine for advanced machine learning
In addition to being portable and powerful enough to handle most editing tasks, Apple’s 13-inch MacBook Pro with M1 is ideal for on-the-go editors. While the absence of a dedicated GPU may be felt on certain large projects, Apple’s economy and speed should make this M1-powered MacBook Pro shine.
The MacBook Pro’s Retina display is bright and vibrant, making video editing a breeze. Not only would additional Thunderbolt ports be nice, but the 4 USB-C port configuration is also only available on older Intel-based MacBook Pros. Apple’s CPUs have decimated the performance of its previous Intel-based MacBooks. That’s why the 13-inch MacBook Pro is one of the most excellent video editing computers. Its 16-hour battery life is also helpful in a pinch.
- Good performance
- Extended battery life
- Bright, vibrant display
- Old design
- Two Thunderbolt ports
4. Dell G5 15 SE
Newest Dell G5 SE 5505 15.6" FHD IPS High Performance Gaming Laptop, AMD 4th Gen Ryzen 5 4600H 6-core, 8GB RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD, Backlit Keyboard, AMD Radeon RX 5600M, Windows 10
8 used from $799.00
- AMD 4th Generation Ryzen 5 4600H Processor (6-core, 3.0 GHz Up To 4.0 GHz, 8 MB Cache), 8GB DDR4 Memory, 256GB PCIe SSD
- 15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti-Glare Display, AMD Radeon RX 5600M
- 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet, 802_11_AC, Bluetooth 4.2, Card Reader, HD Audio with Stereo Speakers, Webcam
- 1 x USB 3.1 Type-C, 1 x USB 3.2 Type-A, 2 x USB 2.0, 1 x Mini DP, 1 x HDMI, 1 x Headphone/Speaker/Line-Out Jack
- Backlit Keyboard, Windows 10 Home 64-bit, 51WHr 3-cell lithium_ion, 5.51lb, Supernova Silver Cover
The Dell G5 15 SE 2020 is a strong gaming laptop that can also do heavy video editing. Unfortunately, the moniker belies the reality that this is a competent laptop in a tidy, modest chassis for around $1,000. And at 1080p, it can compete with some of the more expensive gaming laptops.
Dell chose an all-AMD combination; thus, the G5 15 SE includes a Ryzen 5 4000-series CPU and a Radeon RX 5600M GPU. The Dell G5 15 SE 2020 is a powerful video editing laptop, finishing the Handbrake video-editing test quicker than any other laptop on our list. The top specifications cost $1,049, but you also get a vivid display with a 144Hz refresh rate. Despite the G5 15 SE’s plastic body, it looks well on a desk. It’s got it where it matters.
- Impressive battery life
- Colorful display
- Poor speakers
- Cramped keyboard
5. MacBook Pro 2021 (14-inch)
2021 Apple MacBook Pro (14-inch, Apple M1 Pro chip with 10‑core CPU and 16‑core GPU, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD) - Silver
- Apple M1 Pro or M1 Max chip for a massive leap in CPU, GPU, and machine learning performance
- Up to 10-core CPU delivers up to 3.7x faster performance to fly through pro workflows quicker than ever
- Up to 32-core GPU with up to 13x faster performance for graphics-intensive apps and games
- 16-core Neural Engine for up to 11x faster machine learning performance
- Longer battery life, up to 17 hours
The 14-inch MacBook Pro is the right Mac for video editing capabilities, but I don’t want the heft of the 16-inch counterpart. The 2021 MacBook Pro’s new Liquid Retina XDR display with a 120Hz refresh rate is stunning even on the 14-inch variant. Everything, even movies, will appear better. In addition, the new M1 Pro (and M1 Max) CPUs promise even faster performance while preserving all-day battery life.
The MacBook Pro also has MagSafe charging, HDMI, and an SD card reader. A USB-C dongle is not required to connect to a display or utilize external memory. But there’s still no USB-A, which we’re beginning to suspect Apple won’t bring back. Other changes include removing the TouchBar for conventional F1-F12 buttons. Macs now include a 1080p inbuilt webcam instead of 720p, a Pro-level MacBook Pro.
- Super quick
- Cute mini-LED display
- Long battery life
- No USB-A port
6. Asus Zenbook 13 OLED
ASUS ZenBook Flip 13 OLED Ultra Slim Convertible Laptop, 13.3” OLED FHD Touch Screen, Intel Evo Core i7-1165G7 CPU, Intel Iris Xe, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Windows 10 Pro, Stylus, Sleeve, UX363EA-AS74T
1 used from $1,063.92
- Intel Evo Platform - perfect combination of performance, responsiveness and battery life. Amazing performance with the 11th Gen Intel Core i7 processor. Vivid colors with Intel Iris Xe graphics. Fast-charging, long-lasting battery.
- 13.3 inch OLED Full HD 4-way NanoEdge bezel display
- Fast storage and memory featuring 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD and 16GB LPDDR4X RAM
- Extensive connectivity with HDMI, Thunderbolt 4 via USB Type C, USB Type A, Wi-Fi 6, and Bluetooth 5.0
- Sleek and lightweight aluminum body at only 2.87lbs and 0.55 inches thick, for comfortable portability
The AMD-powered Asus Zenbook 13 OLED is a powerful video editing laptop with a stunning 1080p OLED display and long battery life. Sure, the speakers aren’t great, and the camera isn’t great, but these are minor flaws.
The AMD Ryzen 7 5000-series CPU and 8 GB of RAM are powerful enough to perform rudimentary video editing in 1080p, and the OLED display is stunning. The 15-hour battery life is also excellent for those long days. At this price, the OLED-equipped Asus Zenbook 13 is the best tiny, portable laptop with a superb screen for video editing.
- Good battery life
- Nice 1080p OLED panel
- Good performance
- Inconsistent webcam
- No headphone jack
7. Apple MacBook Air with M1
2020 Apple MacBook Air Laptop: Apple M1 Chip, 13” Retina Display, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD Storage, Backlit Keyboard, FaceTime HD Camera, Touch ID. Works with iPhone/iPad; Gold
$949.99 in stock
- All-Day Battery Life – Go longer than ever with up to 18 hours of battery life.
- Powerful Performance – Take on everything from professional-quality editing to action-packed gaming with ease. The Apple M1 chip with an 8-core CPU delivers up to 3.5x faster performance than the previous generation while using way less power.
- Superfast Memory – 8GB of unified memory makes your entire system speedy and responsive. That way it can support tasks like memory-hogging multitab browsing and opening a huge graphic file quickly and easily.
- Stunning Display – With a 13.3” Retina display, images come alive with new levels of realism. Text is sharp and clear, and colors are more vibrant.
- Why Mac – Easy to learn. Easy to set up. Astoundingly powerful. Intuitive. Packed with apps to use right out of the box. Mac is designed to let you work, play, and create like never before.
Apple’s M1 solid CPUs make the 13-inch MacBook Air with M1 a fantastic lightweight video editing notebook. Yes, you can perform significant creative work on a MacBook Air. The M1-equipped MacBook Air isn’t as powerful as the 13-inch or 16-inch MacBook Pros with M1, but it’s lighter and less expensive.
Plus, it has Dolby Atmos audio, which is louder than you’d expect from a laptop this little. The 2,560 x 1600-pixel Retina display should be eye-friendly during extended editing sessions.
- Fast performance
- Excellent compatibility for older apps
- Long battery life
- Thick bezels
- Port lighting
8. Dell XPS 15 (2020)
Dell XPS 15 - 15 Inch FHD+, Intel Core i7 10th Gen, 16GB Memory, 512GB Solid State Drive, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 Ti 4GB GDDR6, Windows 10 Home (Latest Model) - Silver
17 used from $1,594.00
- 62% larger touchpad, 5% larger screen, and 5.6% smaller footprint
- 16:10 FHD+ edge to edge display equipped with DisplayHDR 400 and Dolby Vision
- Integrated Eyesafe display technology
- Quad speaker design with Waves Nx audio
- High-polished diamond-cut sidewalls
The Dell XPS 15 2020’s immersive 15.6-inch InfinityEdge 4K display is a delight to work on, despite its small and attractive form. Its 10th Gen Intel Core CPUs and optional Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 Ti GPU are strong enough to tackle demanding video editing tasks.
With its powerful speakers and long battery life for a 4K laptop, the XPS 15 is one of the finest 15-inch laptops for video editing. The Dell XPS 13 and XPS 17 provide equal performance, pricing, and screen quality. Still, I believe the XPS 15 strikes the optimal combination of screen size and mobility for video editors on the move.
- Plush keyboard and touchpad
- Wonderful overall performance
- Low battery life
- Loud under stress
9. Alienware m15 R4
Alienware m15 R4 RTX 3070 Gaming Laptop Full HD (FHD), 15.6 inch - Intel Core i7-10870H, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6, Windows 10 Home - Lunar Light (Latest Model)
$1,999.98 in stock
4 used from $1,520.64
- 15.6-inch FHD (Full HD 1920 x 1080) 300Hz 3ms 300-nits 100% sRGB color gamut
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10870H (8-Core, 16MB Cache, up to 5.0GHz Max Turbo Frequency)
- 16GB 2933MHz DDR4 , 1 TB PCIe SSD
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6
- Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650i 802.11ax 2x2 Wireless LAN + Bluetooth 5.1
The Alienware m15 R4 is a stylish and powerful gaming laptop with a powerful Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 GPU. This computer is a sleek and lightweight gadget with a white exterior. It is perfect for video editing because of its quick CPU, sizeable hard drive, and stunning 4K display.
Like other Alienware laptops, the m15 R4 has a short battery life; you get about 4 hours on a full charge. The fans may be noisy while working hard, but you won’t notice them if you’re using headphones.
- It has a decent keyboard and touchpad.
- Low battery life
- Loud fan
10. Alienware m17 R2
Dell Alienware M17 R2 Laptop, 17.3" FHD (1920 x 1080), Intel Core 9th Gen i7-9750H, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD (RAID 0), n Vidia GeForce RTX 2060, Windows 10 (Renewed)
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested to work like new. The product ships with all relevant accessories, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com
- Intel Core 9th Generation i7-9750H Processor (6 Core, Up to 4.50Ghz, 12MB Cache, 45W)
- 17.3" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz 9ms 72% color gamut with Eyesafe and Tobii Eyetracking technology ; n Vidia GeForce RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6
- 16GB RAM ; 256GB SSD (RAID 0)
- Dell Factory Refurbished ; 1 Year Dell Warranty; Windows 10 Home 64bit
The Alienware m17 R2 is pricey, and the battery life is mediocre. However, investing in a fully-loaded m17 R2 with GeForce RTX GPUs, Core i9 CPUs, a 17.3-inch monitor, and more storage than a U-Haul facility makes sense for video editing. It’s one of the older laptops on my list, yet it has one of the best Handbrake video conversion speeds.
The M17 R2’s battery life is roughly 4 hours on a full charge, which is decent for a gaming laptop, but you shouldn’t buy one if you want to work away from an outlet for long durations. But if you only need a powerful big-screen laptop to edit films, I recommend the m17 R2.
- Long battery life
- Good performance
- Crackly speakers
11. Microsoft Surface Book 2 (15-inch)
Microsoft Surface Book 2 15" (Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 256 GB)
$1,649.99 in stock
12 used from $819.95
- Microsoft Surface Book 2 Features a 8th generation Intel Quad Core i7 Processor, 256 GB of storage, 16 GB RAM, and up to 17 hours of video playback
- Enhanced Graphics performance with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 discrete GPU w/6GB GDDR5 Graphics Memory
- The fastest Surface Book yet, with 4x more power
- Vibrant PixelSense Display: Now available with a new 15" touchscreen
- Four versatile modes of use and new USB C port; Contrast ratio: 1600:1
The Surface Book 2 is the most flexible notebook for video editing. It has an 8th Gen Core i7 CPU, a discrete Nvidia GTX 1060 GPU, and a 3240 x 2160 display. The Surface Book 2’s brilliant and vibrant 3240 x 2160 display is ideal for painting, video editing, or simply sitting back and watching YouTube videos.
It lasted almost 12 hours on the battery test so that you may edit all day. If the 15-inch model is too large or pricey for you, a 13.5-inch model is available with integrated or GTX 1050 graphics.
- Great pen experience
- Long battery life
- No Thunderbolt 3 port
12. HP Spectre x360
HP Spectre 13T 4K OLED x360 Laptop 10th Gen i7-1065G7 GPU, 512 GB NVMe SSD, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Win 10 Home, 13.3" 4K UHD Touch with HP Pen, B&O Speakers, 64GB Tech Warehouse Flash Drive
- Newly Launched HP Spectre x360 13T Cutting Edge GEM CUT Design - 10TH GENERATION QUAD CORE CPU: Intel Core i7-1065G7 (1.3 GHz, up to 3.9 GHz, 8 MB cache, 4 cores) four-way processing 1.30 GHz to 3.9 GHz with 8 MB SmartCache, high-efficiency performance with Intel Turbo Boost Technology WINDOWS 10 HOME 64 BIT PRE INSTALLED BY HP, NEW Features - Web Cam Kill Switch, Mic Mute Key, Fingerprint reader
- UNMATCHED AUDIO PERFORMANCE with QUAD Bang & Olufsen speakers: The partnership between Bang & Olufsen and HP brings premium sound to your personal computing device. With HP Quad Speakers, HP Audio Boost, and custom tuning by the experts at Bang & Olufsen, entertainment comes to life with sound you can feel.
- SUPERIOR SPEED and NETWORKING: Fast Data Access with 512 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX 201 (2x2) and Bluetooth 5 Combo. Security management Mic Mute key; Webcam kill switch, 1 headphone/microphone combo; 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A (HP Sleep and Charge); 2 USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C with Thunderbolt 3 (40 Gb/s signaling rate, Power Delivery 3.0, DisplayPort 1.4, HP Sleep and Charge)
- IMPRESSIVE 4K UHD PANEL with HD Active Stylus Pen and Thunderbolt Support: Experience exceptional colors and clarity with 13.3" 4K UHD OLED touch screen (Resolution: 3840 x 2160) for hands-on control and IPS technology for wide viewing angles. 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD OLED IPS micro-edge OLED-backlit touch screen with NBT, HP Active Stylus Pen, USB-C port, Thunderbolt support & SD card reader, HD IR Webcam
- 16GB SDRAM(ONBAORD), Bang & Olufsen Quad Speakers, HP Audio Boost, Fingerprint Reader, ALSO includes a Super Sleek, Super cool, 64GB ULTRA SLIM Tech Warehouse LLC USB Flash drive. A speedy little performer with a great look! Please see picture illustrations for more information
The HP Spectre x360 is a beautiful laptop that can run HandBrake in 10 minutes and 45 seconds. However, 15-inch 4K glossy display on the Spectre x360 is mixed. It’s bright and vibrant, yet it’s also dull and glaring. The Spectre x360, on the other hand, has a highly comfortable keyboard and a battery that lasts up to 8.5 hours.
The HP Active Pen comes with two customizable buttons and 2,048 pressure levels. The Spectre x360’s aluminum body is finished in a beautiful Poseidon Blue. The hinges and surrounding region of the chassis are also nicely carved, like diamonds.
- Plush design
- Vibrant display
- Comfortable keyboard
- Solid performance
- Long battery life
- Dim display
- Muddy speakers
13. HP ZBook x2
HP Zbook 15 G3 15.6" FHD Laptop, Core i7-6820HQ 2.7GHz, 32GB, 1TB Solid State Drive, Windows 10 Pro 64Bit, CAM, NVIDIA Quadro M1000M (RENEWED)
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com.
- (4) USB 3.0, (2) Thunderbolt 3
- HDMI, VGA, RJ-45
- Laptop and AC Adapter
The HP ZBook x2 is a costly creative tool, yet it is versatile. The 15-inch 4K matte display enables you to edit in any resolution, and you can utilize the shortcut keys or the Bluetooth keyboard to do rapid activities. The Quadro GPU may be better, but few technologies directly target creatives.
There are brighter screens, but the ZBook’s 15-inch 4K panel is one of my most vibrant ever. One of the few matte touch displays I’ve seen, with a chemical covering that, feels like writing on paper with the stylus. In addition, the HP ZBook boasts a DreamColor display, which can show 1 billion colors.
- It has a great pen
- Comfortable keyboard
- Could have better graphics
14. Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 2 Laptop, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) Non-Touch, 9th Gen Intel Core i7-9750H, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Opal2, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Max-Q, Windows 10 Pro
- 9th Generation Intel Core i7-9750H Processor (2.60GHz, up to 4.50GHz with Turbo Boost, 6 Cores, 12MB Cache)
- 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 300 nits, IPS, anti-glare Display, Non-touch
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Max-Q 4 GB
- 16GB DDR4 2666MHz
- 512GB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe Opal2/Three Year Warranty
The ThinkPad X1 Extreme is Lenovo’s first 15-inch laptop with a dedicated graphics card. It has a 4GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GPU and an 8th Gen Intel Core i9 CPU with 64GB of RAM, making it a video editing ogre. For example, HandBrake took 10 minutes and 3 seconds to convert a 4K movie to 1080p, double the category average of 20:30.
That means the ThinkPad X1 Extreme can withstand high humidity, sand and dust, extreme temperatures, and repeated drops. It also has Intel vPro, dTPM encryption, a fingerprint scanner, and an optional Smart Card reader. It also offers an optional IR camera for Windows Hello face recognition.
- Impressive 4K HDR display
- Superb performance
- Luxurious design
- Battery life is subpar
15. HP ZBook Fury 17 G8
HP ZBook Fury 17 G8 17.3" Mobile Workstation - Full HD - 1920 x 1080 - Intel Xeon 11th Gen W-11955M Octa-core (8 Core) 2.60 GHz - 64 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD
- Experience responsive performance, built-in security and remote management capabilities with the Intel Xeon 2.60 GHz processor
- With 64 GB DDR4 SDRAM of memory, users can run many programs without losing execution
- Exceptionally large 17.3" diagonal display provides 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Whether you are a mobile app developer, an engineering manager, a music or video editor or a financial analyst with extensive models to run in fact, anyone in need of a powerful machine for your work, Ubuntu is the ideal platform
This laptop’s power is unmatched, and even if the battery dies while you’re on the road, it’s hefty enough to combat crime. The setup I tested is overkill for most laptop users, but it’s hard to see it failing standard benchmarks. In my perspective, if you don’t have the correct laptop for your work, you may miss out on opportunities.
The ZBook Fury 17 G8 has a gorgeous 17.3-inch touchscreen, scary specifications, and lots of connections to power your essential devices.
- Gorgeous 17-inch 4K touchscreen
- CPU/GPU performance.
16. Dell Precision 5540
Dell Precision 5560 Laptop - 15.6 inch UltraSharp FHD AG - 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 8-Core (11th Gen) - 512GB SSD - 16GB RAM - Quadro T1200 - Windows 10 Pro
1 used from $2,550.00
- Dell Precision 5560 Laptop
- 15.6 inch UltraSharp FHD+ (1920 x 1200) Anti-Glare 100% sRGB Low Blue Light Non-Touch Display
- Intel Core 11th Generation i7-11800H Processor (8 Core, Up to 4.60GHz, 24MB Cache)
- 16GB of DDR4 RAM | 512GB M.2 SSD - IR Camera and Microphone
- Windows 10 pro - NVIDIA T1200 4GB GDDR6
Dell stuffed workplace components inside the XPS 15 to make the Precision 5540. Nvidia Quadro T2000 GPU, an Intel Core i9-9980HK CPU and 32GB of RAM. Thanks to its MIL-SPEC chassis, it protects the Precision against scratches when you’re out and about. Additionally, it boasts a 15.6-inch 4K OLED display for video editing.
The screen has a brightness of 384 nits, 200 percent sRGB. So I was able to see the coffee pots on the counter even though the café was dimly lit.
- Powerful performance
- Vivid 4K OLED display
- Compact design
- Battery life might be better
Guide on choosing the best laptop for video editing
If you need a laptop for video editing, you should acquire one with 8 to 16GB of RAM, Core i5 processor, and 256GB to 512GB solid-state drive. This will do for most 1080p projects, but for working in 4K or large projects, you’ll need an upgrade to a Core i7 CPU, 16 to 32 GB of RAM, and 1 TB of SSD storage space.
Most standard laptops have integrated GPUs, which can do modest video editing at 1080p but aren’t suitable for enormous projects, particularly 4K. An Nvidia GTX 3000-series laptop is optimal for this task, but any computer with a dedicated graphics card would suffice.
You should consider a laptop’s size, gaming laptops like the Alienware m17 R2 have a large and heavy design, but they also have much power; that is why ultraportables like the Asus Zenbook 13 OLED and Dell XPS 15 are so popular.
You’ll want to stay with Windows or macOS if you’re going to utilize the most popular video editing tools; Linux and Chrome OS laptops don’t have what it takes for video editing. Currently, you’ll need a laptop with the most recent version of Windows 10 or macOS Big Sur, but Windows 11 and macOS 12 Monterey computers are on their way.
How to evaluate the best video editing laptops
When reviewing laptops for video editing, I conduct a series of rigorous benchmarks and real-world testing to determine how well each machine will perform in the field.
A light meter and colorimeter are used to measure the average brightness and color quality of each laptop’s display. In addition, CPU performance (Geekbench 5) and different 3DMark tests are used to assess the graphics capabilities of laptops for general performance. This includes a file transfer test to see how fast a hard drive is and a bespoke battery test that makes the computer surf the internet via Wi-Fi until the battery dies.
Best software for video editing
In a hurry to get started with the most exemplary video editing programs? Adobe Premiere Pro CC is my top pick. You may appear like a chief director or a complete beginner with the right video editing software.
Videos are becoming more popular as a media format. As a result, it’s possible to make money on YouTube, Twitch, and even your own Netflix-style OTT video subscription service. Take advantage of the immense reach and engagement potential that video content offers. Video editors can convert practically any raw footage into a work of art if they’re competent enough.
This guide compares reviews and ranks the best video editing software.
The Best Video Editing Software
Choosing the best video editing software requires careful consideration of several variables. For example, inputs and outputs such as video and audio settings and video file rendering may all be considered, as can the computer you’re using, file transfers, and editing capabilities like filters and transitions.
Adobe Premiere Pro CC.
Best Windows Video Editor
Adobe Premiere Pro | Video editing and production software | 12-month Subscription with auto-renewal, billed monthly, PC/Mac
- Premiere Pro is a video editing software app for film, TV, and the web
- Turn raw footage into flawless productions. Edit, adjust color, refine audio, and more
- Existing subscribers must first complete current membership term before linking new subscription term
- Premiere Pro is used by Hollywood filmmakers, TV editors, YouTubers, videographers — anyone with a story to tell, including you
- Edit footage in any modern format, from 8K to virtual reality
It is part of Adobe Creative Cloud and is a prominent video editing program. So you can edit video without leaving your timelines. In addition, this app saves time using Adobe Sensei technology’s automated features. Premiere Pro CC supports the newest video formats, and you may edit video in 8k and virtual reality, and it is suited for all screens.
This program is compatible with Adobe Stock, Audition, and After Effects. So you may get a motion graphics template from Adobe Stock or After Effects without leaving Premiere Pro. In addition, its end-to-end VR180 capability is significant to make the most immersive videos.
Also, use the VR 180 to improve the effects and format. YouTube, Vimeo, and other outlets support the Google VR180 format. Substantial color grading and correction features. Lumetri Color tools improve curve changes, and chroma key options erase backdrops from green screen recordings.
Premiere Pro also shines at audio editing. The Essential Sound Panel has creative sliders for reverb, flangers, compression, amplification, and stereo balance. Plus, Adobe Audition’s intrinsic capabilities allow you to produce excellent audio.
Finally, Premiere Pro provides everything you need to make a professional video. Beginners will like their easy-to-use interface, particularly the drag-and-drop features and mobile app. Premiere Pro is my top option because of its impressive features and free trial.
Corel VideoStudio Pro.
Best Video Editor
Corel VideoStudio 2021 Pro | Video & Movie Editing Software [PC Disc]
$54.95 in stock
- A fun, easy-to-use, beginner-friendly video editing suite designed to create movies and slideshows that impress and inspire
- Jumpstart projects with essential editing tools, drag-and-drop titles, transitions, overlays, and Instant Project Templates
- Explore the rich collection of tools including MultiCam Capture Lite, screen recording, 360° video editing, audio, stop motion animation, green screen, and more
- Add personality with more than 1500 creative effects, filters, and trendy AR Stickers
- Export your videos to popular formats to share online, upload directly to YouTube, or burn to disc
The Corel VideoStudio Pro is an outstanding video editing software containing storyboard and timeline features. In addition, it has creative effects, project templates, title presets, transitions, and 1500+ filters.
In addition, it has a slideshow builder that allows you to create movies and slideshows using templates. You may also mix photographs, videos, and music. MultiCam Capture Lite allows you to capture both your screen and webcam concurrently. Finally, use Corel Painter or PaintShop Pro to create dynamic overlays, static images, or live paints.
On the timeline, the video editing program gives all necessary tools to crop, trim, and divide video. You may also adjust the video’s aspect ratio and rotate it. You can also eliminate fisheye distortion and change the temperature using the lens correction option. Finally, color correction enhances the colors in your films by adjusting auto-tune, saturation, and more.
You may also add subtitles, record voiceovers, fade and layer audio, and more. Intel and Nvidia CPUs and graphics cards are supported.
This speeds up rendering across all prevalent file formats. Other notable aspects include 4k display optimized, Drop-and-edit video, Multi-camera VFX, Help for 360° video editing, Animated GIF, Zoom Pan, color lens, Green/Chroma key, A/V split-screen, Subtitles, voiceovers, Batching, and Construct motion graphics.
Adobe Premiere Elements.
Beginner Video Editing Software
Adobe Premiere Elements 2022 | PC Code
- ADOBE SENSEI AI TECHNOLOGY: Automated options make it fast and easy to automatically reframe your subject, select specific areas to add effects, fix grainy footage, and more.
- TAKE YOUR VIDEOS TO A NEW LEVEL: Edit and export videos in social-friendly vertical and square aspect ratios, and compress videos for easy sharing.
- 27 GUIDED EDITS: Add fun animated overlays to your videos and bring out details in shadows and highlights.
- CRAFT PERSONALIZED CREATIONS: Make memorable creations, like dynamic photo and video slideshows in all-new styles and animated social posts.
- EASY NAVIGATION: Updated software makes editing, organizing, and exporting your photos effortless.
Adobe Premiere Elements is a great video editing program for novices. In addition to hundreds of transition effects, better face identification, haze removal, and focus adjustment are included. There’s also live search, guided editing, video collages, and touch editing. Unfortunately, Adobe Premiere Elements (APE) does not support 360-degree video or multi-cam editing. However, these flaws are excused given its enormous variety of capabilities.
Create your video in Quick, Guided, or Expert mode. With quick mode, you may choose your video material, and the computer will organize it on the timeline for you. In addition, it automates motion tracking, video stabilization for GoPro, and clever toning. Finally, as the name implies, a guided mode is aided. On the job training, you master the software’s capabilities and functions as you go.
Finally, Expert mode is for advanced users, where you control everything. While not as complex as other programs on this list, Adobe Premiere Elements is a decent entry-level product. It’s a terrific all-around utility for Mac and Windows 10 PCs.
Final Cut Pro X.
Mac Video Editing Software
Final Cut Pro X 10.3 - Apple Pro Training Series: Professional Post-Production
17 used from $3.99
|Number Of Pages||528|
Final Cut Pro X is a famous video editing product from Apple that combines professional functionality with a user-friendly interface. The interface employs a three-pane view with a trackless Magnetic Timeline to leverage two monitors. Video, music, titles, voiceovers, effects, and other materials may be imported and arranged as Roles in the library.
Apple’s Final Cut Pro X is the best option for Mac users who value speed and power. It has 109 audio effects, 149 video effects, 183 title animation templates, and 100 transitions available after video creation. In addition, you can easily use keyboard shortcuts to save time.
Touch capabilities for timeline scrubbing and text customization are supported in Final Cut Pro X. Text editing in 3D is also entertaining. You may add 3D designs, textures such as plastic and concrete, and lighting effects on the screen. Even on older MacBooks, impressive features like Multicam editing, infinite video tracks, chroma-keying, format compatibility, and super-fast performance.
EaseUS Video Editor.
The Easiest Windows Video Editor
EaseUS has been active since 2004 and has over 72 million downloads of its data recovery program. Recent developments have resulted in a new video editor rapidly gaining popularity. Their video editor is free to test, and the pro version. Their video editor allows you to trim, divide, combine, and rotate videos. You may also add video effects, employ 50 built-in transitions, and slow down or speed up your footage.
There’s also a tool for audio edits, with one click, narrate over video clips and add music to your timeline. The EaseUS Video Editor also exports videos to iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy, HTC, and other devices. Burn your videos on DVD or submit them to YouTube. EaseUS products can also convert YouTube videos to MP3.
The EaseUS Video Editor has millions of users, free tech support, and a 30-day money-back guarantee. It’s a low-cost video editor for Windows that everyone may use.
Movavi Video Editor.
Best Mac Video Editor
Movavi Video Editor Plus 2021 Personal [PC Download]
$59.95 in stock
- Create your own movies: trim and reverse clips, enhance video and audio quality
- Add stylish filters, transitions, stickers, titles and animated intros
- Use lookup tables (LUTs) to create detailed color grading schemes
- Synchronize audio from different sources
- Upload videos directly to YouTube, Vimeo, or Google Drive
Video editing on Mac using Movavi video editor allows you to edit wedding, vacation, birthday, or home movies. Make your videos more entertaining by adding subtitles, filters, and animated transitions. Movavi also offers pre-made intros for your videos. In addition, you may further personalize the openings.
The Movavi Effects Store offers hundreds of transitions, stickers, video intros, backdrops, titles, and more. The video editor also allows you to crop and rotate your videos. You can also utilize the ‘Chroma Key’ to delete or replace your video clips’ backgrounds.
You may now choose your aspect ratios. The tool gives you the correct aspect ratio for YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, etc. Movavi also allows you to do the following with a single click, Retro-flying your videos, Transitions, Picture-in-picture tales, Getting rid of shaky videos, Transitions between segments, Trimming, and joining. With Movavi’s Video Suite package, you can also record your screen and convert media files.
There is a free trial version for all versions, so you may test it out before buying it. The Video Editor Plus version adds keyframe animation of titles, overlay video, stickers, and more. In addition, you may get the Video Suite to utilize Movavi Video Converter and Movavi Video Recorder.
Free Video Editor for Windows
Overall, MiniTool MovieMaker is a great free movie editor for Windows 7, 8.1, and 10. Free video editor MiniTool MovieMaker allows you to make and edit high-quality films in minutes. Its drag-and-drop interface makes adding titles, transitions, and effects a breeze. Choose a pre-made design, import your videos, then save or share the video. Here is what you can find, Auto-save functionality, Trim and divide video files using this video trimmer, Professional LUTs, and creative filters provide visual appeal, titles and subtract, Pan and zoom effects for video motion, and a speed controller for accelerating and decelerating clips.
For visual effects
Pinnacle Studio 24 Ultimate | Advanced Video Editing and Screen Recording Software [PC Disc] [Old Version]
1 used from $99.99
- Advanced video editing software: Powerful timeline editing fully loaded with pro-quality tools, hundreds of graphics and effects, DVD Authoring, and Screen Recording software
- Keyframe customizability: Fine-tune every parameter of your production with keyframes and customized titles, transitions, effects, overlays, video masks, and more
- Pro-caliber power: Transform video projects with full Color Grading controls, frame-accurate Video Masking, and Motion Tracking tools
- Workspace flexibility: Streamline your workflow with a fully customizable interface, smart alignment tools, and timeline efficiencies that help you edit like a pro
- Master your production: Explore unlimited creative possibilities with Selective Color, Stop Motion Animation, 360 video editing, and more with the Ultimate editing toolkit
Advanced video editing and screen recording are made easy with Pinnacle Studio. You can create stunning videos with hundreds of unique effects and overlays. The program supports VHS, Hi8, V8, and other video formats, and you may convert them all to digital.
Capture video and audio from numerous cameras with MultiCam. You can also sync video and audio from several devices. This tool allows you to produce movies like unpacking and tutorials. It also enables you to control video motion, effects, and overlays. Also included are tools to trim, crop, rotate and divide movies.
Color grading, color correction, LUTs, and filters are sophisticated functions. For example, correction of white balance and underexposed situations is done using color grading. Aside from Tone Curve and Color Wheel, sophisticated color grading features include HSL Tuning. In addition, the Greenscreen or Chroma key feature lets you delete or replace the video’s backdrop with any picture or video.
You can also add audio, record narration and voiceovers, and mute or remove audio with a few clicks. The program also includes third-party plugins to capture videos and create DVDs. Also, here’s included, 100+ MyDVD menus, Coloring, Edit 4K video, Edit clips from up to 6 cameras, Mosaic tracking with blur. An unlimited track editing, Clone and mix things, time remapping, Edit faces blur backdrops, and censor license plates.
Windows and Mac Online Video Editor
How To Use WONDERSHARE FILMORA
|Is Adult Product|
|Number Of Pages||29|
This video editing program for Windows and Mac includes drag and drop effects, templates, audio, filters, and soundtracks. In addition, you get split-screen, motion tracking, green screen, and more. Keyframing allows you to apply bespoke animations between clips, while Motion Tracking will enable you to monitor objects. Then there’s color matching, which lets you use a clip’s color settings to other clips in a movie.
The video editor enables you to attach hotkeys to various tools to save time. Drag and drop allow you to add transitions, filters, motion components, video, music, titles, etc. You also have the Green screen ability to modify or eliminate your video’s backdrop. May also use audio Ducking to lessen background music level and fade between audio tracks.
This includes Shortcut key, grading, Filmora lets you immediately upload to YouTube, Mac hardware acceleration for speedier editing, and Blending mode for special effects.
Great Online Editor Tool
WavePad Free Audio Editor – Create Music and Sound Tracks with Audio Editing Tools and Effects [Download]
- Easily edit music and audio tracks with one of the many music editing tools available.
- Adjust levels with envelope, equalize, and other leveling options for optimal sound.
- Make your music more interesting with special effects, speed, duration, and voice adjustments.
- Use Batch Conversion, the NCH Sound Library, Text-To-Speech, and other helpful tools along the way.
- Create your own customized ringtone or burn directly to disc.
Clipchamp is a free video editor and webcam recorder. Add text, alter the color and rotate. It also allows you to adjust speed and audio track. In addition, the application will enable you to make slideshows, YouTube videos, and Instagram video advertising. You may use Clipchamp’s Facebook ad builder to create ads for your business. It also includes ad and audio templates for creating compelling ads.
It also has configurable social video commercials, business slideshows, and cinematic presentations. You may also choose from thousands of stock films and photographs with over 800,000 images and videos. Clipchamp is more than just a video editor. For example, it provides web-based video compressor and converter tools. You can use these to minimize video size and convert video formats.
You can also trim and cut, rotate, divide and combine, crop, flip and mirror, create video memes, and record webcam and screen—a drag-and-drop video editing interface. In addition, you may easily upload music, images, and videos in web browsers. You may also use the filter and transition library to balance colors, add backdrops, and alter opacity. You may also adjust the aspect ratio of your videos with its free online video resizer.
Here’s included, Capture Screen for a computer screen and audio and modify, change or delete video’s backdrop Online using a green screen video editor. With the free online image in a picture video editor, you may provide lectures, responses, gameplays. AI Voice-Over transforms audio recordings into dynamic animations for text to speech using Clipchamp’s Audio Visualizer.
You get 480p SD exports with the basic plan, while Creator allows 720p SD exports (HD). But all other plans enable 1080p outputs (Full HD). All options include limitless video creation, webcam and screen recording, and basic editing capabilities.
Free Video Editor for Mac and iOS
iMovie Like a Pro Advanced Editing for iMovie '11 (The Down & Dirty Series): A concise practical guide to advanced video editing with Apple’s iMovie ‘11
|Is Adult Product|
|Number Of Pages||45|
Overall, iMovie is a great free video editor for macOS. Apple iMovie is the most fantastic free video editing software and one of the most popular video editing tools for macOS and iOS. iMovie is also a robust video editing program that supports 4k resolutions. iMovie runs well on recent Macs, including the MacBook Air and MacBook Pro. Updates include a touch bar and 4k video support. You may also process video clips at 60 frames per second. Green screen, video filters, and Multicam editing are examples.
Apple compatibility is also a plus. iCloud video, music, and picture import/export are simple, and you may also make slideshows and watch them on your Apple TV. There are also several online iMovie tutorials to assist you in utilizing the free program. Exporting is likewise simple, with the most popular file formats supported.
For those who don’t want to pay for HitFilm Pro, this is a free version called HitFilm Express. Unique effects for compositing and MP4 H.264 exporting are included in the Express edition, a distinct advantage over the competition’s less expensive offerings. In addition, high-quality settings are available in HitFilm Express. Pause and custom playback options are among them.
With these capabilities, you won’t have to endure the delays with high-resolution video formats. The changeable layout panel is another advantageous feature. Alignment capabilities in HitFilm Express make it easy to arrange elements in a scene. Access to 360-degree and colorist workspaces is also available. These features allow you to focus on the most significant aspects of the panel and eliminate the less important ones.
Hitfilm Express excels in video rendering and exporting, and exporting a movie in the background can be done any time while still working in the editor.
YouTube’s Best Video Editing software
Corel VideoStudio Ultimate 2020 - Video & Movie Editing Software - Slideshow Maker, Screen Recorder, DVD Burner - Premium Effects from NewBlueFX, Boris FX, proDAD [PC Disc][OLD VERSION]
$56.88 in stock
- Create impressive videos from your everyday adventures with this intuitive, creative, feature-packed video editor
- Tap into ultimate-exclusive advanced tools like color grading, video masking, video stabilization tools and more
- Explore creative possibilities with 2000+ customizable video effects, plus industry-leading premium plugins from NewBlueFX, Boris FX and proDAD
- Dive in to our full selection of features including screen recording, stop motion animation, DVD menu creation, green screen effects and more
- Share your videos with ease by exporting to popular file formats, uploading directly online to YouTube or Vimeo, or burning to DVD
VideoPad is an easy-to-use and intuitive editor for YouTubers. The Master Edition and the Home Edition are both paid editions. Only two audio tracks and no external plugins are allowed in the free version of the software. The Master Edition, on the other hand, restricts the number of audio tracks or external plugins used.
VideoPad has just been upgraded to provide 360-degree video capabilities. In addition, as a result of the new “Add Objects” command on the Home page, you may easily add dynamic titles and background clips as well as introductory text and picture overlays to your projects.
VideoPad’s user-friendly interface is a significant selling point for the software. A PC running either Mac OS X or Windows can run VideoPad. You may publish your final movie directly from the editor’s main menu to your preferred social networking site with these cross-platform components. VideoPad compensates for lack of flashiness with simplicity and publishing high-quality films, and you can render from 480p to 4k resolutions.
Video editing software for education
WeVideo Every Day: 40 Strategies to Deepen Learning in Any Class
|Is Adult Product|
|Number Of Pages||142|
Several video editing applications for corporations and schools are available on the WeVideo cloud platform. As a teacher, you can easily export your students’ work from WeVideo by integrating it with your existing LMS. In addition, individual instructors to whole school districts might benefit from various educational software programs.
Entrepreneurs and marketers may choose from a variety of software options. Professional and business subscriptions give you unrestricted access to a vast library of high-quality, legally obtained images and sounds. Customizing projects with your company’s logos and graphics and instantly uploading a video project to your company’s social media channel are just some of the features available.
You can also edit films on various platforms, including Windows, Mac, Chromebook, iOS, and Android mobile devices, all from the same interface. In addition, you may use a green screen to make interesting backdrop films.
Do you know what a Video Editing Software program is?
What a Video Editing Software?
Editing and manipulating video files in a timeline format are made possible by video editing software. Video editors allow you to make adjustments to the video’s frame rate and the text, picture, color, and filter content. You may also include audio elements, such as a voiceover or a song, as well as background music.
Video Editing Software features:
- Assist in editing video.
- Edit movie to remove unwanted sections.
- Improve the overall flow of a movie
- Arrange distinct clips and frames in different ways.
- Enhance the quality of a video by using special effects and filters.
- Enhance video footage with music and sounds.
Video Editing Software buying guide
- Choosing a video editing software compatible with different operating systems, such as macOS, Windows, and Linux, is essential. This allows you to use video editing software on any computer.
- In terms of file types and support, it should read and write important video, picture, and audio files. This will give you the freedom to do anything you want with your content.
- With a few easy clicks, you should be able to resize, scale, snap, or trim a clip. In addition, the program should allow you to edit clips from various angles, such as the X or Y-axis. Using these capabilities, you may edit the movie from multiple angles.
- Seeing the edited footage in real-time will give you a better indication of your progress.
- You may use transitions to link two clips together smoothly and straightforwardly. Video editing software should provide a wide variety of transition effects to allow creative video editing.
- Your video editing program should provide a variety of typefaces, colors, and transitions that can work for various types of videos.
- Editors of timelines and practical video editing jobs require a feature-rich timeline. Features like preset animations, drag and drop, zoom in/out, resize/snap clips, and more should be on your radar.
- You can adjust the speed of your video. As a result, you should choose a video editing tool that enables you to adjust the playing speed of your movie.
- The display of waveforms on the timeline and the rendering of waveforms as a movie component are additional beneficial elements for audio editing in the program.
- Even more importantly, the program must enable you, for example, to extract audio tracks from a movie and control the volume of each independently.
- Make sure to consider all of these capabilities when choosing a video editing program.
Finally, we have the best video editing software. These are the most fantastic video-editing program out there. Even if you are starting or in the IT industry, I hope this advice has been worthwhile. My best all-around video editor is Adobe Premiere Pro CC. The best choice is Final Cut Pro X for Mac users.
As a novice, you should go with Adobe Premiere Elements since it is inexpensive and offers a wide range of capabilities. However, when it comes to free Mac video editing software, you can’t beat iMovie for the job.
How do I choose video editing software?
How do you know which video editing software is best for you?
If you’re a beginner or an experienced video editor looking for the best video editing software for your platform of choice, you’ll find it here.
Ensure your computer can handle the software you’ve chosen for video editing. My recommendations to the best displays, laptops, and tablets for video editing will be of interest to you as well, so don’t forget to check them out.
What is the best video editing software?
Adobe’s Premiere Pro is currently the most excellent video editing software on the market. Design for professionals, this subscription-based application has a wide range of advanced and powerful features. In addition, the new features at Adobe MAX illustrate exactly how devoted Adobe is constantly upgrading and enhancing the software.
However, if you’re more of a hobbyist, you may better suit yourself with CyberLink PowerDirector 365, my second option. With a one-time cost, it’s more affordable and simpler to get started.
Premiere Elements is also my best pick for newcomers to the realm of video editing on a desktop PC or Mac. Like a simpler version of the more sophisticated Premiere Pro, the learning curve isn’t as steep, and it’s less expensive. As a bonus, unlike other Adobe products, this one doesn’t need a monthly cost.
When it comes to editing movies on your phone or tablet, I recommend checking out the mobile version of Premiere Rush, which has all the essential features of the desktop version. In addition, this app’s design is easy to use on a touchscreen because of its big icons and panels.
However, you still have access to many helpful tools, such as the ability to drag and drop files onto the timeline and mix in music.
The best free video editing software?
You can find a list of free video editing tools here so you can get started right now. However, some of these technologies have significant restrictions, such as watermarks or ad-supported content. There is an alternative to these free but complex tools listed above. To avoid being charged, you must terminate your trial before the end of it!
How tough is editing video?
You don’t have to be afraid of learning how to edit videos. Any program you’ve ever used on the web or your mobile device can help you learn video editing software. Start with basics, then try and work your way up from there. There are many tutorials online when getting started with video editing, and the best ones are generally supplied free of charge by the software’s creators.
Video editing is genuinely not an easy task, and it demands a lot. Therefore, you need a laptop with a good storage capacity of approximately 500 GB, preferably SSD type, as it lasts longer than HDD.
It should be a minimum of 8 GB RAM and can upgrade to 16 and 32 GB, the recommended RAM size. In addition, it should be portable, easy to carry, and of good weight, a good screen resolution preferably 15 inches and above. Display that can support a 4k resolution and a great operating system; this determines how your laptop performs most. All in all, you need to balance up all these specs to have a good video editing experience and produce the best results.
- Video editing laptop guide
- RAM power
- Processing power
- Screen Size and Resolution
- Graphics card
- Battery power
- 16 Best laptops for video editing
- 1. MacBook Pro 16-inch 2021
- 2. Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
- 3. MacBook Pro 13-inch (M1, 2020)
- 4. Dell G5 15 SE
- 5. MacBook Pro 2021 (14-inch)
- 6. Asus Zenbook 13 OLED
- 7. Apple MacBook Air with M1
- 8. Dell XPS 15 (2020)
- 9. Alienware m15 R4
- 10. Alienware m17 R2
- 11. Microsoft Surface Book 2 (15-inch)
- 12. HP Spectre x360
- 13. HP ZBook x2
- 14. Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme
- 15. HP ZBook Fury 17 G8
- 16. Dell Precision 5540
- Guide on choosing the best laptop for video editing
- How to evaluate the best video editing laptops
- Best software for video editing
- The Best Video Editing Software
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC.
- Corel VideoStudio Pro.
- Adobe Premiere Elements.
- Final Cut Pro X.
- EaseUS Video Editor.
- Movavi Video Editor.
- MiniTool MovieMaker.
- Pinnacle Studio.
- Wondershare Filmora.
- Apple iMovie.
- HitFilm Express.
- Do you know what a Video Editing Software program is?
- What a Video Editing Software?
- Video Editing Software features:
- Video Editing Software buying guide
- How do I choose video editing software?
- What is the best video editing software?
- The best free video editing software?
- How tough is editing video?