What are the best Tweeters?
When dealing with sound systems, it is very important to consider the value of tweeters in sound production. Great mid-range and awesome subs will not perform all the wonders if great music without well selected and installed tweeters.
The best tweeter is the Infinity Kappa 3/4, it is ideal for listening to music, it has very clear sound and you can hear all the lyrics, instruments, horns, riffs, claps and other details meant to make the music sound completely awesome, the Infinity Kappa 3/4 tweeters is responsible for making all that happen.
How do you identify the best Tweeters for your car audio system?
As said before, tweeters are there to make your music listening experience sound clear and great, they are designed to improve stereo sensitivity and sound staging, and to ensure they do their job well, the manufacturers make them into different shapes using different materials.
So if you understand more about these two factors, you will then choose the best Tweeters for your sound systems. Below we have listed more factors which will guide you into buying the best Tweeters for your needs.
1. Choose a tweeter made from the right materials
The material used to make the tweeter has an impact on the sound quality of the Tweeter’s durability. So choose materials such as textile blends, silk or poly because they are smooth and they give more refined sound.
You will as well get warm and smooth highs in your Audio sounds.
There are also some tweeters that are made with hard materials such as ceramics, graphite, and metal, these are durable and produces stronger and brighter sound even at the highest volumes, which is totally awesome.
2. Choose the right shape of the tweeter
The shape of the tweeter has an impact on its effectiveness in distributing high frequencies in the car, the most common shape of the tweeter are a cone, semi-cone, dome, and semi-dome.
3. Choose a tweeter with the right power handling and impedance.
The best high-quality tweeters are those that lie within the 25w – 59w RMS power range which is fairly awesome. However, if it happens that you find one with a higher power rating and also matches perfectly well with your system’s power handling, then go for it, it’s completely perfect.
Overall, choosing the best tweeters starts with understanding the system’s requirements and then considering your listening desires as well.
With all that said, we can go back to our main topic, what are the best tweeters available on the market?
If you are here then it must mean you have never bought a car tweeter before or you must be looking for some clear advice on what you should be looking for when buying the right tweeters.
If that’s the case, then you are definitely at the right place, this guide is for you.
Below we have listed the best tweeters available on the market, scroll down and take a look, by the time you finish, you should feel more informed and readier to make the right choice for your audio’s needs.
1. Infinity Kappa 3/4
This pair of tweeters have a high level of sensitivity, which means higher performance levels, they also provide an increased output in comparison to other tweeters available on the market.
These tweeters are of high quality, the installation is very easy, they include flush mounting it surfaces mounting depending in your preferences.
Infinity Kappa 10.11T 3/4" Soft Dome Tweeters-Pair (Black)
- 3/4" soft dome tweeter
- 2 ohms impedance
- Frequency response: 3500-35, 000 Hz flush-mount depth: 3/4"
- Sensitivity: 93 dB
- They use high-quality parts in the manufacturing process
- They are durable
- They have 3/4″ soft dome tweeter
- They have a 20hns impedance
- Its frequency response is 3500,- 35000Hz
- The power handling is not very high
- They are soft and warm at low volumes but may distort at higher volumes
2. Alpine SPS-11TW
These tweeters deliver clear sound quality, they take every single detail of the music and make sure you hear and enjoy it. They have 100watt continuous power handling and a fairly high sensitivity of 88dB.
These tweeters aim to make sure that you get a nearly perfect listening experience, they are made of high-efficiency silk diaphragm which is crisply designed to produce a smooth clear sound all the time.
Alpine S-S65 S-Series 6.5-inch Coaxial 2-Way Speakers (pair)
- Features: 6-1/2" 2-way speakers, Carbon fiber-reinforced plastic woofer cone with specialized rubber surround, 1" silk dome tweeter, Handles up to 80 watts RMS (240 watts peak power), Frequency response: 70-22,000 Hz, Sensitivity: 88 dB, Top-mount depth: 2-5/16", and Grilles not included
- They have a very high power handling
- They have rich high-frequency performance
- They make dull and unfocused sound, sound brighter and more precise
- The package includes mounting hardware which makes installation easier
- The tweeters tend to roll off at loud volumes
- They don’t play as high as some tweeters
3. Polk Audio DB 100- For strong and precise highs
These tweeters have great power handling capacity rated at 120 watts EMS and 360-watt speaker power, they ensure that your sound quality is clear and allows you to enjoy the musical nuances you have been missing from your Audio System.
These tweeters are as well made of durable materials and the construction is durable too.
Polk Audio DB 1000 1-Inch Tweeter Speakers (Pair, Black)
- Pair of marine-certified tweeter speakers suitable for use in cars, trucks, boats, and other vehicles
- 1-inch, liquid-cooled, silk/polymer composite dome tweeter with neodymium magnet per speaker
- Frequency response: 4 to 23 kHz
- Peak power handling of 180 watts (60 watts continuous)
- 2.06-inch mounting cutout diameter, flush mount depth of 1.19-inches
- They produce excellent smooth sound
- They have a durable and attractive design
- They have a great efficiency of 9303dB
- They are marine certified
- They lack in-built tweeter attenuating settings
- They have a 4kHz Lowe frequency limit which may not be suitable for some audio systems.
- They expensive as compared to other tweeters
4. JBL GTO19T premium
The JBL tweeters are a prime consideration when you need to quickly replace your blown tweeter. They are of high quality and produce the audio sound of high quality as well.
The JBL tweeters have more power drawing ability with 3-ohm impedance, they have soft dome with oversized voice coils, have a great performance attribute and also they are built-in strong, carbon composite, a non-magnetic basket that is able to maintain their precision and integrity all the time.
JBL GTO19T Premium 0.75-Inch Component Tweeter - Set of 2
$44.95 in stock
- Soft-dome tweeter features oversized voice coils for greater heat dissipation and higher power handling resulting in smooth, fatigue free highs
- Carbon-composite, nonmagnetic baskets maintain their integrity and precision even under the most demanding conditions
- Low-impedance, three-ohm speakers compensate for the undersized wires found in many of today's cars, and make the most of every watt your car stereo can deliver
- Package Dimensions: 5.842 L x 28.194 H x 18.288 W (centimeters)
- They deliver strong clear-highs
- They have high power handling
- They have a 3-ohm impedance
- They have compact in-line crossovers included
- The power handling is slightly lower as compared to other tweeters available on the market
5. Kicker 43CST204
These tweezers are excellent for Crystal clear sound, without even having to lower the bass levels. Even though they are a bit small, they have the potential to deliver up to 100watts power handling capacity which ensures that the vocals and instruments in your music are not diminished by low frequencies even at the highest volumes.
Kicker 43CST204 3/4" Titanium Dome Cs-Series Car Tweeters
- Two 3/4" Titanium dome tweeters. Flush-, surface-, and angled-mounting hardware included. | top-mount depth: 9/16"
- External passive high-pass Crossover included (6 dB per octave at 4, 500Hz)
- Power handling: 2-50 watts RMS (100 watts peak power);
- Frequency response: 4, 500-21, 000 Hz | sensitivity: 92 dB |
- They are excellent for Crystal clear sound
- They provide great acoustic control
- They have a durable built design
- the crossover slope is 6dB instead of 12dB like other Tweeters
- There’s no mesh to cover the tweeters done
6. New Boss Audio TW-30
These tweeters have high sensitivity and a smooth and excellent frequency design to make sure you enjoy clear sound quality all the time, it also had a significantly higher rating of 100dB and only needs little energy to produce loud and strong highs.
These tweeters also have an exceptionally dynamic bass response, they use strontium magnets which enables the tweeters to reproduce dynamic bass sound from the small voice coil.
BOSS Audio Systems TW30 250 Watt Per Pair, 3 Inch Bullet Car Tweeters Sold in Pairs
- Material: Aluminum, Dome Size: 3 Inches
- Watts: 250, Magnet Material: Strontium
- Impedance: 4 Ohms, Frequency Response: 2.5 kHz – 21 kHz
- Sensitivity: 100 dB, Mounting Type: Flush
- Depth 1.3" x Width 3.8" x Height 1.6", Weight Per Pair: 1.3 Lbs.
- Have very high efficiency
- Have extended frequency response
- Have high power handling
- Have the ability to work with both high power and low power systems
- May heat up at high power application
- They may need expert installation
7. Rockford Fosgate Prime R1T-S
These tweeters make your music more exciting without grating on your ears, they are highly effective even with lower-powered systems.
Rockford Fosgate Prime R1T-S 1-Inch Tweeter Kit
$39.00 in stock
- 1/2" (13mm) Mylar balanced dome tweeter multiple mounding configurations: flush-surface-angle
- One-inch tweeter kit with 80 watts maximum power handling
- 1/2-inch Mylar balanced dome tweeter
- One-inch tweeter kit with 80 watts maximum power handling
- 1/2-inch mylar balanced dome tweeter
- The frequency response is well above 20kHz
- Adds plenty of shimmers and shine to the sound
- They have more accurate highs than other tweeters
- They are affordable
- They are made of durable materials
- They have low sensitivity of 72dB
- They blur a little at high volumes
8. Pioneer TS-B350 pro
This is one of the highly recommended tweeters available on the market for great performance and great sound quality.
Pioneer TS-B350PRO 3-1/2" High Efficiency PRO Series Bullet Car Tweeter
$46.95 in stock
1 used from $56.08
- In-line crossover filter Aggressive magnet structure Surface mountable design
- They are bigger than most tweeters
- They are affordable and budget-friendly
- Have wider frequency response than other tweeters
- Have high power handling
9. Infinity Ref-075TX
These tweeters bring on the clarity to your music by adding sufficient high-frequency details to your sound, they are small but do a very big job, they are as well-reputed with high dedication to great sound production.
Infinity REF-275tx 135W Reference Series Edge-Driven Textile Car Tweeters, 3/4"
- 135W Max
- 45W RMS Out Put
- 3.0 ohms Impedance
- Produce great clear sound
- Easy to install
- Has 2500 Hz passive line levels crossovers
- The high sensitivity of 93dB
- They have low power handling
- Their design is not attractive
10. Power Acoustik NB-2 200 watts 3-way tweeters
These tweeters are an affordable option for those on a tight budget, they are of great quality and produce clear sound even at high volumes.
Power Acoustik NB-2 200-Watt 3-Way Tweeters, Standard Packaging,Black
1 used from $7.99
- Niobium rare earth ferroelectric transducer magnet
- Polypropylene diaphragm
- 100 watts R.M.S
- 20W, 10W Rms
- Imp: 4, Spl: 97 Db
- Enhances a wide range of audio systems
- Produces clear sound
- Uses Niobium rare earth ferroelectric transducer magnet
- They budget friendly
- They have low power handling
- The crossover slope is 6dB instead of 12dB like other Tweeters
- What are the best Tweeters?
- How do you identify the best Tweeters for your car audio system?
- 1. Infinity Kappa 3/4
- 2. Alpine SPS-11TW
- 3. Polk Audio DB 100- For strong and precise highs
- 4. JBL GTO19T premium
- 5. Kicker 43CST204
- 6. New Boss Audio TW-30
- 7. Rockford Fosgate Prime R1T-S
- 8. Pioneer TS-B350 pro
- 9. Infinity Ref-075TX
- 10. Power Acoustik NB-2 200 watts 3-way tweeters