This is a complete analysis of all the law that involves the Data Protection, Computer Misuse, and Copyright Act.
The Data Protection Act of 2018
It is the rules to follow by anyone using personal data, both individuals and companies alike, they are also known or called the data protection principles. They include:
- Personal data should only be used for specific and explicit purposes.
- It should be limited to what is necessary and should relevant and adequate.
- It should be used in a transparent, fair, and should be lawful.
- It should up to date and accurate.
- It should not be stored longer than it is required.
- It should be handled securely and must be protected from any unauthorized or unlawful access, processing, destruction, loss, and or damage. Read more on Gov.uk
Check out Google Pixel Buds Review.
The Computer Misuse act of 1990
This is a law that protects the personal data of individuals or companies held by any organization from any unauthorized modification and access. These laws protect computers from hacking, blackmail, viruses and computer fraud. They include:
- Unauthorized access to computer material by hacking. This can land you in prison for six months, or a £5,000 fine.
- Unauthorized access to computer materials with the sole purpose of committing crimes, either by way of stealing data or destroying the network using a virus. This can land you up to a five-year prison sentence with a possible unlimited fine.
- Any unauthorized tampering or data modification either by deleting data and secretly installing malware or spyware on a computer. This can land you a five-year prison sentence with a possible unlimited fine.
- Aiding the supply, making, or purchasing materials that can be used to commit computer offenses or misuse. This can land you with a ten-year prison sentence with a possible unlimited fine. Read more on legislation.co.uk
The Copyright Act 1988
The copyright act is a law that protects the owner of intellectual property. The law is to give the creator of a material an exclusive right to use and duplicate the said material for a certain period before it becomes public domain. It is designed to:
- Protect the creators original material any unauthorized use or duplicate.
- The material must be original and tangible.
- It protects the creator’s work for 70 years after their death. Read more on legislation.co.uk
Your right under Data Protection Act 2018
This protection right allows you to gain knowledge of any data any organization or government stored about you. They include:
- The right to be informed about how your data will be used.
- The right to have access to your personal data.
- The right to request an update over an incorrect data.
- The right to request your data be erased.
- The right to request to stop or restrict any processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability to use your data as you please.
- The right to refuse your personal data being used or processed in some ways.
Check out Is Bluetooth Safe? Yes, it is – Here is Why.
What is instant messaging?
Instant messaging (IM) is one of the most popular methods of transmitting messages. It is a technology used for online chatting with real-time transmission of texts, images, and videos through the internet.
What is email?
An email is also known as electronic mail is a method of exchanging messages between two parties through electronic devices.
What is video conferencing?
Video conferencing is more like a video telephone, this is a means of conducting virtual meetings. Video conferencing is when two or more parties using different sites to connect with a computer and transmits both audio and video via a network.
Types of video conference
- Telepresence video conferencing system
- Service based video conference
- Integrated video conference
- Desktop video conference
Check out How To Use The Bluetooth To Connect Device.
A social network is an online platform used to connect with people all over the world either for social relationships or who share or hold common interests like personal, career, background, or activity. The social network brings a real-life connection between people and business through a web-based or mobile applications.
What is cloud computing?
Cloud computing is internet services that offer large scale storage facilities for faster and flexible resources and innovations through the use of hardware and software. It includes servers, storage, networking, database, and much more.
What is search engine?
A search engine is an online software system designed and used for web searches for a keyword.
What is Newsgroup?
A newsgroup is a web-based discussion forum use to discuss several topics where members can post, discuss, and share views through Usenet.
What is virtual learning environment (VLE)
A virtual learning environment (VLE) is a web-based educational platform use to study digitalized courses with resources such as interaction and activities.
- The Data Protection Act of 2018
- The Computer Misuse act of 1990
- The Copyright Act 1988
- Your right under Data Protection Act 2018
- What is instant messaging?
- What is email?
- What is video conferencing?
- Types of video conference
- What is social networks?
- What is cloud computing?
- What is search engine?
- What is Newsgroup?
- What is virtual learning environment (VLE)