The Sony SSCS5 and Mica MB42X are bookshelf loudspeakers. The MB42X is manufactured by Mica and the SSCS5 is manufactured by Sony. These speakers produce a very powerful bass. The Micca MB42X has a small 4inch woofer but regardless of this, the bass that it produces is still good. In this article, we will be review and comparing Sony SSCS5 vs Micca MB42X.
These speakers are very affordable and can be bought at stores or online at very low prices. The mica MB42X is ranked as the first on the best bookshelf speakers that are sold at a low price. The Sony SSCS5 is a 3-way 3 driver bookshelf speaker that is originally made by Sony, it was released in September 2014, it provides great sound quality and is reasonably priced.
Related Post: Best Bookshelf Speakers Under 500.
It allows you to hear the sound clearly when watching movies or listening to music, making it enjoyable. Buying this speaker is worth it considering its reasonable price.
Related Speakers: Sony SSCS3 Vs KEF Q100 Passive Speakers
The Sony SSCS5 is a bookshelf Speaker that offers clean and crisp audio with top-quality bass. This speaker incorporates the 5.25-inch woofer which promotes a more stable and deeper bass, producing more powerful bass and finer details for mid-range dialog and clear vocals. The edges are designed with a tapered faceplate to keep the sound clear, thereby achieving a natural soundstage.
Sony SSCS5 3-Way 3-Driver Bookshelf Speaker System (Pair) - Black
- Bookshelf speaker with Hi-Res Audio perfect for your home theater or music listening setup
- Amplify your movie, music, and gaming experience with a speaker that provides full frequency audio with a three-way, three-driver speaker system
- Create a robust 5.1.2 home theater setup perfect for Dolby Atmos with the complete range of CS speakers from Sony with 2 SSCS5 bookshelf speakers, 1 SSCS8 center channel speaker, 2 SSCS3 tower speakers, 2 SSCSE Dolby Atmos enabled speakers, and the SACS9 subwoofer
- ¾ in. super tweeter and 1” tweeter accurately reproduce high frequency sounds for an expansive soundstage
- 5.12” woofer delivers deep, stable bass and detailed mid-range sounds
It is equipped with high-resolution audio, the speaker captures audio at a much higher rate than a CD does. This provides you with accurate and high-resolution audio for perfect music. Its 3-way 3 driver system helps to enhance audio clarity.
These bookshelf speakers also include 5.12-inch woofers that help the dynamic bass. It also has 2 tweeters, one of which is 0.78 inches and another which is 0.98 inches. These tweeters are designed to produce audio tracks with super and high resolution. Check out the comparison between Mordaunt Short M10 Vs Wharfedale Diamond 9.
The speaker also supports up to 100w input power handling. These speakers are really great as they can be used in any room, whether studio, sitting room, or audio room, wherever you choose. These tweeters have wide directionality.
These tweeters help to deliver faithful, as well as an authentic sound. The tweeters help ensure sounds that are natural.
This speaker has tweeters that help expand the soundstage, they are equipped with wide directionality. High-frequency notes are produced hence giving you an excellent sound quality. They also have high sound pressure that is achieved through a variety of weight reduction techniques including the integration of a more powerful magnetic circuit and a lighter CCAW in the voice coil.
Design and comfort.
The speaker also incorporates 5.12 in woofer for deep and stable bass. It produces powerful bass and finer detail required for clear vocals and dialog in the mid-range. It also has mica reinforced cellular controls for undistorted audio.
This bookshelf speaker also has tapered faceplate edges that help to keep the sound clear. These edges help to eliminate any unwanted noises hence ensuring high-quality sounds and performance. Another importance of the tapered edges is to help in controlling diffraction in order to ensure natural sounds. Check out the Best Bookshelf Speakers Under 300.
The speaker uses wood finish for its style. The wood helps to retain the shape of the speaker, it is also very useful in such a way that it ensures that the sound is not affected by temperature changes and humidity.
The speaker provides a room-filling sound and equipped with the wide dispersion mega tweeter, it delivers high frequency and the ultra-responsive audio response of up to 50 kHz. Here are some Best Bookshelf Speakers Under 400.
The speaker needs to be connected correctly; Poor connections will affect the sound quality of the whole speaker in general. This is the reason why the SSC3S uses components such as a silicon steel plate in the woofer, air conductors in the tweeters, and uses very thick winding materials. This ensures that you enjoy a well defined, clear, and detailed high-quality sound.
The following are the specs and features of the Sony SSCS5:
- Floor-standing speaker
- 145 W maximum power
- 8 ohms speaker impedance
- 4-driver speaker system
- 3-way speaker system
- 53 to 50 kHz frequency response
- Bass Reflex wooden veneer enclosure
- Wide Dispersion Super tweeters
- Silicon steel plate woofer
- 0.75 inches dome tweeter
- 5.25-inch mica woofer
- It has a very good voice reproduction
- It is affordable
- Its sound is fuller
- Delivers Loud and clear sound
- It is compact
- It is Portable
- Its design is Solid and well-made
- Its 5.25-inch woofer does not produce much bass
What to look for when buying speakers
When buying speakers, you need to look at the specs and the features of that speaker and compare it to the specs and the features of other speakers. This helps you choose what speaker to buy and if it is worth the price you are paying. You also need to look at the main uses of that speaker that you are buying. Another thing that is important to consider is the price range of the speakers you are buying.
This speaker produces very powerful bass, it comes with a small 4-inch woofer but regardless of this, the bass it produces is still good. The mica MB42X is ranked the cheapest bookshelf speakers which are affordable even on a low budget.
Micca MB42X Bookshelf Speakers with 4-Inch Carbon Fiber Woofer and Silk Dome Tweeter (Black, Pair)
$89.99 in stock
- The MB42X is a demonstration of our designers’ love for the classic compact bookshelf speaker. Handsomely styled with simple contours and modern design cues, the MB42X is easy to place and blends into any room or decor. Its enhanced audio capability makes it a great fit with a wide range of usage scenarios, including living room stereo, home theater surround sound, office background music, or computer desktop sound.
- Compact ported enclosure houses a balanced woven carbon fiber woofer delivering enhanced transient and impactful bass, and a high performance silk dome tweeter for smooth treble and accurate imaging. Highly optimized 18dB crossover with Zobel network and baffle step compensation yields a transformed sound signature that is incredibly open, balanced, and dynamic.
- Magnetic front grill system is easy to take off and put on. Leave them off for an ultra clean front baffle with no grill holes to show off the incredibly handsome drivers. Full size 5-way binding posts provide the full complement of speaker wire connectivity options. Hex screws are used throughout for assembly.
- Home Trial, Satisfaction Guaranteed - Listen for yourself, try them in your home with your music. Place the MB42X along a wall or near a corner of the room for best results. They can be used on desks, book/wall shelves, or on speaker stands.
- Specifications: Woofer: 4" Carbon Fiber, Rubber Surround; Tweeter: 0.75" Silk Dome; Crossover: 18dB/Octave; Enclosure: Ported; Frequency Response: 60Hz-20kHz; Impedance: 4-8 Ohms; Sensitivity: 85dB 1W/1M; Power Handling: 75 Watts (Each); Dimensions: 9.5" (H) x 5.8" (W) x 6.5"
These speakers have enough power that can fill up a whole room. The Micca MB42X maximum power is 75 watts per speaker. The speaker has a 4-inch woofer that is made from carbon fiber that helps to deliver rich bass sound.
The old design of the Mb42 did not have a cross over frequency but the new model has a crossover frequency. This improves the audio quality as well as the performance of these speakers. Here are some of the Best Bookshelf Speakers Under 300.
The crossover also helps to create detailed and balanced sounds. In short, these speakers are very great even though they have a 4inch woofer and are very small in size.
The silk dome tweeter that this speaker has ensures that accurate and clearly defined sounds are produced. This speaker also produces wide sounds. The bass sound in this speaker is not as good as that of the Sony SSCS5.
Design and comfort.
This speaker’s design is a little bit plain and simple. It is a bookshelf speaker that has a nice weight and size. This speaker is 9.56 inches tall and 6.5 inches deep.
The Micca MB42X weighs 8 pounds. Its size and weight make it perfectly fit on almost any bookshelf. The speaker is also made using MDF (Medium-density fibreboard), it is also laminated with wood. This allows this speaker to be able to fit in any room and any environment. List of some of the Best Bookshelf Speakers Under 200.
This speaker also has grilles, the grille helps to add some style to the speaker, they can be removed though. It also has efficient drivers that produce a very clear sound.
This speaker does not have any connections to Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. It does not have an inbuilt Wi-Fi or Bluetooth adapter. This speaker is not an active speaker, it is passive thereby it will need an amplifier.
The following are the specs and features of the Micca MB42X
- Its dimensions are 6.5 inches x 5.8 inches x 9.5 inches
- It has a 0.75 inches silk tweeter dome
- It weighs 9.3 lbs
- It has a 4 inches carbon fiber woofer
- 75 watts maximum power
- Frequency response is 60Hz to 20KHz
- It produces clear and well-defined vocals
- It is affordable
- Its sound is very good for a small speaker
- Its 4-inch woofer does not produce much bass
What to look for when buying speakers
When buying speakers, you need to look at the specs and the features of that speaker and compare it to the specs and the features of other speakers. This helps you choose what speaker to buy and if it is worth the price you are paying.
You also need to look at the main uses of that speaker that you are buying. Another thing that is important to consider is the price range of the speakers you are buying. Check out some of the Best Bookshelf Speakers Under 100.
The Micca MB42X is a very good speaker for those with a limited budget, this speaker has many attractive features and very good specs.
The Sony SSCS5 and the Micca MB42X are both bookshelf loudspeakers, the two speakers are different and similar in many ways. To start with, they are both bookshelf speakers, they are both passive speakers and need an amplifier. The Sony SSCS5 has 5.25 inches woofer whereas the Micca MB42X has 4 inches woofer.
The bass that is produced by the Sony is better than the bass in the mica mb42x, for its price, the mica produces a great bass too. Micca is more affordable than the Sony MB42X, the Micca MB42X can be sold for as low as $100 whereas the Sony SSCS5 can be sold for as low as $200 dollars.