If you are to be asked between the Sony SSCS3 vs Polk T50 which will you choose and why? To be fair, the only person to give detailed analysis is one who has used both speakers can explain these tower speakers’ best features. This is why we are here to encapsulate in every detail possible on some of the best floorstanding speakers, the Sony SSCS3 3-way 4-driver floor-standing speaker and Polk Audio T50 home theater floor standing tower speaker.
Which is best, Polk T50 vs Sony SSCS3?
Between the Sony SSCS3 vs Polk T50, the Polk T50 is cheaper than Sony SSCS3, the maximum power out for Sony SSCS3 is 145 wats while Polk T50 is 150 watts. The Polk is equipped with Dolby and DTS surround, both have beautiful designs and offer a full-fledged home theater setup. Polk T50 has 6.5 bass radiators, while the Sony SSCS3 has a 5.1inch woofer. The best is Polk T50, its cheaper and produces more bass and the design is fitting.
To make this article more comprehensible, we will have to review each product differently then conclude with a detailed comparison. Let us start with the Sony SSCS3 review then move on to the Polk T50 review.
But before we continue, we recently did another comprehensive review on Sony SSCS3 Vs KEF Q100 Passive Speakers, you can check it out too.
Sony SSCS3 reviews
Sony SSCS3 3-Way Floor-Standing Speaker (Single) - Black
$98.00 in stock
11 used from $90.16
- 3-way, 4-speaker bass-reflex system, 5-1/4 inches Foamed-Mica Cellular Reinforced Woofer, 1 inch Polyester Main Tweeter
- 3/4 inches Sony Super Tweeter for immersive sound staging, Sound Reproduction to 50kHz (for High Resolution Audio), 6 ohm Speaker Impedance
- Optimized Crossover componentry for a clear audio path, 145 W Maximum Input Power, One Speaker per Carton
The Sony SSCS3 is a 3-way 4-driver floor standing speaker system with a real expansive audio soundstage that delivers the best real-life sound experience. This Sony tower speaker is high-resolution audio, able to capture music at a high rate, increase audio samples, and bitrates accuracy. The SSCS3 unlike other standing speakers uses a mica reinforced cellular fiber woofers to maintains strong and steady audio output under any speed and pressure to avoid sound distortion.
The Sony SSCS3 is equipped with a new super tweeter that has a wide directionality that is able to produce high-frequency note precisely. To ensure more natural-sounding vocals, the tweeter features a polyester fiber that produces the exact authentic sound using acoustic tuning, sound-absorbing felt, and eliminating pressure.
The best of the Sony SSCS3 specs is the new 5.12 woofer that produces a very deep and stable bass using a foamed mica cellular diaphragm. This 145 watts speaker floor standing has a powerful bass with clear details and dialog mid-range. This Sony tower speaker tapered faceplate edges eliminate unwanted noise from the cabinet by suppressing the edge diffraction given you a natural sound.
For a complete Sony sound set that delivers in harmony all the details above, Sony is offering a full set of home audio equipment so you don’t have to mix and match. For a small price, Sony is offering, in addition, the Sony SSCS8 2-way 3-driver center channel speaker and Sony SACS9 10-inch active subwoofer.
The Sony SSCS3 is one of the best classic tower speakers you can find on the market today. Though the Sony SSCS3 tower speaker originally was released in September of 2014, it is one of the most sought after as it provides great sound quality and is reasonably priced.
Sony SS-CS3 floor speaker produces a clear and crisp audio experience and delivers a real-life audio experience. With the introduction of the expansive soundstage, you can feel the energy of these Sony tower speakers. The presence of this speaker in any space whether big or small does not affect audio quality.
Design and comfort
The Sony SSCS3 standing speaker design is really nice-looking, very modern and and ideal addition to your home. You can choose a more compatible set from the Sony audio offers so it blends in your home perfectly, or add with other audio components because this speaker is versatile.
The dimensions: 14.2 x 11.6 x 40.2 inches and it weighs about 10 pounds.
The tweeters help expand the soundstage, equipped with wide directionality and high frequency notes. This tweeters have high sound pressures for weight reduction techniques and integration of powerful magnetic circuit and a lighter CCAW in the voice coil. The 5.12 inch woofer for a deep, stable, and powerful bass.
- The sound is loud and clear
- It is compatible with most home settings
- It is compact and portable
- A very solid design and affordable
- The amp is loud
Sony SSCS3 specs and features
- Type: 3-way, 4-speaker system
- Woofer: 130mmMRC cone type (2)
- Tweeter: 25mm soft dome type (1)
- Super Tweeter: 19mm soft dome type (1)
- Impedance: 6Ω
- Maximum input: 145W
- Sensitivity: 88dB (2.83V, 1m)
- Frequency Response: 45～50,000 Hz
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 9 1/8″ x 36 3/8″ x 10 1/4″
Polk Audio T50 review
Polk Audio T50 150 Watt Home Theater Floor Standing Tower Speaker (Single, Black) - Hi-Res Audio with Deep Bass Response | Dolby and DTS Surround
9 used from $96.75
- GET SUPERIOR HOME THEATER EXPERIENCE WITH IMMERSIVE SURROUND SOUND & HI-RES AUDIO. Featuring a 1" tweeter, a 6.5" Driver and (2) 6.5" Bass Radiators. The 2 bass radiators augment the main woofer and produce a well-balanced, natural warm sound reaching the far corners of the room
- AMPLIFY YOUR MOVIE, MUSIC AND GAMING EXPERIENCE with this T-series speaker that not only sounds brilliant but also heightens your audio experience. Fill any small to medium sized room, produce captivating lifelike sound, which pulls you right into the heart of the action
- CREATE A FULL-FLEDGED 5.1 HOME THEATER SETUP with the complete range of T-series speakers from Polk with two T50 Tower Speakers, one T30 Center Channel, two T15 Bookshelf speakers and a subwoofer
- Polk speakers are COMPATIBLE WITH MOST HOME THEATER AV RECEIVERS giving you many setup arrangement options - in single or multi-room with 2.0, 2.1, 3.1 systems or an immersive 5.1, 7.1 or 9.1 setup
- POLK'S UNMATCHED QUALITY AT AN AFFORDABLE PRICE. With these value-priced speakers, you can now enjoy premium acoustics, high quality construction, easy setup and a spectacular theater experience right at home
This section on the Polk T50 review is to provide an in-depth analysis of this floor standing speaker. The Polk T50 provides good quality sound and it is equipped with a 1-ch tweeter, a 6.5-inch woofer, and two 6.5-inch bass radiators, it delivers a decent sound also. The Polk T50 is only available in a black, wood-grain vinyl finish. For prices, the T50 is lower than the Sony SSCS3, but in terms of sound quality, the Polk T50 provides better sound.
This affordable speaker takes up no more floor space than a pair of monitor speakers on stands. It offers excellent home theater performance for the price and looks more expensive than it is thanks to handsome cabinetry.
For a complete bundle Polk sound set that delivers in harmony all the details above, Polk is offering a full set of home audio equipment so you don’t have to mix and match. For a small price, Polk is offering, in addition, the Polk Audio T Series 5 Channel Home Theater Bundle, Two (2) T15 Bookshelf, and One (1) T30 Center Channel and Two (2) T50 Tower Speakers.
The T50 provides good quality sound for a good price. The speaker is equipped with two 6.5-inch bass radiators. The bottom two drivers are passive radiators. This means that they have no wire connected to them. The bass radiators replace bass ports so they never produce noises. hence the radiators will provide better bass quality as it amplifies bass energy in a similar way to a port without the chuffing noise. The bass radiators also free up more placement options in the room than ported speakers do.
Design and comfort
The Polk speaker offers a very attractive look, it has an MDF (medium-density fiberboard) cabinet that is coated with a beautiful wood vinyl finish. This speaker also comes with a demountable grille which is for the protection of its drivers. The speaker also has a small, flat pedestal base with an overall fit and finish that are above average for the price class. Its design is very good. This speaker is not suitable for a large room. It has dimensions of 8.8 x 7.8 x36.2 inches and it weighs about 20 pounds.
The back of the Polk T50 has a set of five-way binding posts. These binding posts work with speaker cables terminated with spades, pins, or bare wire ends. The impedance od this speaker is 6 ohms. One advantage is that this speaker is sold with a warranty of 5years.
This speaker has tweeters that help expand your sound stage. These tweeters are equipped with wide directionality. These tweeters also have high sound pressure that is achieved through a variety of weight reduction techniques.
The Polk T50 also incorporates 6.5 in woofer for deep and stable bass. It produces powerful bass and finer detail required for clear vocals and dialog in the mid-range. The speaker is also equipped with two 6.5 inches bass radiators. The bottom two drivers are passive radiators.
- Clear Highs
- Well built and extremely good looking
- Easy to install
- Equipped with a silk dome twitter
- Dynamic balance technology
- Offers good quality sound for its price
- Its bass is not that impressive
- It comes only in black, wood-grain vinyl finish]
- It is not suitable for a larger room
The following are the specs and features of the Polk T50
Polk T50 specs and features
- Floor-standing speaker
- 145 W maximum power
- 6-ohm speaker impedance
- 4-driver speaker system
- Bass Reflex wooden veneer enclosure
- Wide Dispersion Super tweeters
- Silicon steel plate woofer
- Frequency rate: 38 Hz – 24 kHz
- Recommended watts: 20 – 100 Watts per channel
- Batteries: 1 lithium-ion battery needed
- Dimensions 8.8 x 7.8 x 36.2 inches
- Weighs 20.4 pounds
- Has 25 pounds shipping weight
Which speaker is best to choose?
The Sony SSCS3 is a great speaker that is priced at a reasonable price. It has great sound quality and delivers crisp and clear sound from any room and you do not need to have a special audio room, you can set it up anywhere, in the living room, family room, entertainment room, or even in the studio.
It has a great sleek and Morden design that allows it to match your other audio equipment and make any room look good. This speaker is also good for watching movies, playing games, etc. It provides clear sound making you watch movies with great sound quality.
Polk T50 is a great speaker for the price. This affordable speaker takes up no more floor space than a pair of monitor speakers on stands. It offers excellent home theater performance for the price and looks more expensive than it is because of its attractive cabinetry. It is equipped with a 1-ch tweeter, has a 6.5-inch woofer, and two 6.5-inch bass radiators. It delivers a decent sound but this speaker faces stiff competition.