The sony sscs3 3-way floor-standing speaker is originally made by Sony and was released in September 2014, it provides great sound quality and is reasonably priced. The speaker allows you to listen clearly to the sound when watching movies or listening to music, making it enjoyable. Buying this sony sscs3 3-way floor-standing speaker is worth it considering it is reasonably priced. Between the Sony SSCS3 vs KEF Q100 speakers, we will look at some important features.
The KEF Q100 2-Way Bass Reflex Shelf Speakers is a bookshelf loudspeaker, made by KEF. The Q100 is the smaller model of the Q300 bookshelf speakers, the kef Q100 has very good and excellent features. It produces very accurate and 3-dimensional sounds. These speakers used to be expensive but now they are at an affordable price.
Sony SSCS3 3-Way Floor-Standing Speaker (Single) - Black
4 used from $168.95
- Floor standing speaker with Hi-Res Audio perfect for your home theater or music listening setup, sold individually, not as a pair.
- Amplify your movie, music, and gaming experience with a speaker that provides full frequency audio with a three-way coaxial, four-driver speaker system
- Create a robust 5.1.2 home theater setup perfect for Dolby Atmos with the complete range of CS speakers from Sony with 2 SSCS3 tower speakers, 1 SSCS8 center channel speaker, 2 SSCS5 bookshelf speakers, 2 SSCSE Dolby Atmos enabled speakers, and the SACS9 subwoofer
- ¾ in. super tweeter and 1” tweeter accurately reproduce high frequency sounds for an expansive soundstage
- Dual 5.12” woofers delivers deep, stable bass and detailed mid-range sounds
Sony SSCS3 Reviews
The Sony SSCS3 3-Way Floor-Standing Speaker offers clean and crisp audio with enough bass. This standing speaker incorporates the 5.12-inch woofer which promotes a more stable and deeper bass, producing more powerful bass and finer details for mid-range dialog and clear vocals. Its edges that are tapered faceplate keep the sound clear, thereby achieving a natural soundstage.
Sony SSCS3 Audio quality
Sony SSCS3 standing floor speakers provides a clear and crisp audio experience for your home entertainment at all times. It delivers a real audio experience. It has an expansive soundstage that helps you feel the passion and energy of the original and actual performance.
The audio quality is clear and loud, hence making it suitable for any room without you having to set any special audio room. The Sony SSCS3 standing speaker is a good subwoofer for a home theatre setup. This speaker will bring out the best in music since it captures music at a higher rate than a cd.
It has a high audio resolution that perfectly captures its music that is being played. So, you can watch movies, tv shows and play games with good audio quality.
Sony SSCS3 Design and comfort
Sony SSCS3 3-Way Floor-Standing Speaker has a modern and sleek design, this design makes it perfect for any home entertainment system. The Sony SSCS3 is a 3-way floor-standing speaker that can easily match with your other audio components.
It is also portable, solid, and durable. The Sony SSCS3 tower speaker is considered as one of the most versatile floor standing speakers available on the market. It has dimensions of 14.2 x 11.6 x 40.2 inches and it weighs about 10 pounds.
The speaker provides a room-filling sound, it is equipped with the wide dispersion mega tweeter and delivers high frequency and the ultra-responsive audio response of up to 50 kHz. This helps to deliver clear audio. It is also equipped with mica-reinforced drivers. These drivers help in capturing every note and melody.
Sony SSCS3 Controls
This speaker has tweeters that help expand your sound stage. These tweeters are equipped with wide directionality. High-frequency notes are produced hence giving you an excellent sound quality. These tweeters also have high sound pressure that is achieved through a variety of weight reduction techniques including the integration of a more powerful magnetic circuit and a lighter CCAW in the voice coil.
The speaker also incorporates 5.12-inch woofer for deep and stable bass. It produces powerful bass and finer detail required for clear vocals and dialog in the mid-range. It also has mica reinforced cellular controls for undistorted audio. It has a rich acoustic cabinet design.
Sony SSCS3 Pros and cons
- Delivers Loud and clear sound
- It is compact
- It is Portable
- Its design is Solid and well-made
- It has an Affordable price
Too loud amp but it can be managed
What to look for when buying speakers or headphones
When buying speakers, you need to look at the specs and the features of that speaker and compare it to the specs and the features of other speakers. This helps you choose what speaker to buy and if it is worth the price you are paying. You also need to pay close attention to the price range of these speakers that you want to purchase. Another factor to consider is the main uses of the speaker that you want to purchase.
The Sony SSCS3 specs and features
- Floor-standing speaker
- 145 W maximum power
- 6 ohms speaker impedance
- 4-driver speaker system
- 3-way speaker system
- 45 to 50 kHz frequency response
- Bass Reflex wooden veneer enclosure
- Wide Dispersion Super tweeters
- Silicon steel plate woofer
KEF Q100 Reviews
KEF Q150B Q150 Bookshelf Speakers (Pair, Black)
10 used from $278.51
- The KEF Q150 Bookshelf Speaker is the newest iteration of KEF award-winning Q Series. The Q150 features a new cabinet, sleek new finishes, and an improved 5.25” Uni-Q driver Array.
- The Q150 contains an enhanced Uni-Q Driver Array designed to smooth out treble frequencies, and reimagined crossovers to provide cleaner and more accurate bass.
- The front port has been moved to the back of the Q150 and internal architecture has been redesigned to reduce internal resonances to improve audio clarity.
- The Q150 is available in sleek matte Black and White vinyl finishes. Nominal Impedance: 8Ω (min.3.7Ω)
The KEF Q100 2-way bass reflex shelf speakers is a bookshelf loudspeaker, made by KEF. The Q100 is the smaller model of the Q300 bookshelf speakers, the KEF Q100 bass reflex shelf speakers have very good and excellent features. It produces very accurately, 3-dimensional sounds. These speakers used to be expensive but now they are at an affordable price.
The Q100 bookshelf loudspeaker includes a 5.25-inch Uni-Q driver array, it also has a 1-inch aluminum dome tweeter that is positioned at its center. The function of the Uni-Q driver array is to provide a fast and clean midrange response. The bookshelf speaker also has a larger done tweeter which helps to increase the sensitivity and ensure power handling without any distortion.
KEF Q100 Audio Quality
The audio quality of these speakers is really good. The drivers in this speaker ate coaxed, which is an advantage because you get all the sounds from one and do not get two axes of the sounds. This speaker also offers very good bass, this is made possible because of the aluminum bar which helps to allow clear and well define sounds. The aluminum cone also helps to move some air and a very effective crossover that works well with the speaker’s drivers giving you very good speakers.
KEF Q100 Design and comfort
This speaker also has a coaxial design that works in a perfect manner. The speaker is made up of materials that are rich, durable and they attach into the cabinet. It is also made up of MDF (medium-density fibreboard) which helps to protect the components of the speaker.
This bookshelf speaker is black but has a bar made up of aluminum in the middle, this bar is used to separate the drivers from the ports on the front of the speaker. This makes it to have a great appearance. They also come with a grille allowing a little gleam to the speaker. At the center of the drive, there is a 1-inch dome tweeter.
This speaker also has a great size that makes it fit well on any bookshelf, it is a foot tall which allows it to fit almost anywhere even in a small space. This speaker can also look great if paired with floor standing speakers like Sony SSCS3 and subwoofers giving you a very good audio experience.
KEF Q100 Pros and Cons
- The speaker has a two bass-reflex design. This design ensures that rich, clear and well-defined sounds are delivered
- It has a very good sensitivity which allows you to listen to quality sound and enjoy it
- It is equipped with the Uni-Q driver. This allows your sound to be perfectly clear in any room as well as any part of the room (clarity)
- It is suitable for most environments since it is small in size.
- The device does not look or feel sturdier
What to look for when buying speakers or headphones
When buying speakers, you need to look at the specs and the features of that speaker and compare it to the specs and the features of other speakers. This helps you choose what speaker to buy and if it is worth the price you are paying. You also need to look at the main uses of that speaker that you are buying. Another thing that is important to consider is the price range of the speakers you are buying.
The KF Q100 speakers a very great speaker used for home entertainment purposes, this is a portable bookshelf speaker with a very attractive design and can fit well with other audio equipment in your home, such as subwoofers. It is a good speaker for those with a limited budget, this speaker can be sold under $300. It has many attractive features and very good specs.
Related: Best Bookshelf Speakers Under 400
The KEF Q100 specs and features
- The product dimensions are 30 x 12 x 16.5 inches
- The weight of the speaker is 2.2 pounds
- Requires 10 to 100 W amplifier to run
- Its maximum output is 107dB
- It has a frequency response of 49Hz – 40kHz (+/- 3dB)
- Includes uni-Q driver
- Includes Uni-Q Driver array as its bass drivers
- Its sensitivity is 86 dB
- Its Cross over frequency is at 2.5 Hz
- Its Shipping Weight is 31.1 pounds
- It is Manufactured by KEF
Related: Best Bookshelf Speakers Under 200
The Sony SSCS3 vs KEF Q100 are both loudspeakers. But the two speakers are different in many ways. To start with, The SSCS3 is a floor standing speaker whereas the KEF Q100 is a bookshelf loudspeaker. The Sony SSCS3 is a 4-driver system while the KEF Q100 is a 3-way driver system. They also quite have some similarities, for example, they are both passive speakers. These speakers also provide good sound quality.
- Sony SSCS3 Reviews
- Sony SSCS3 Audio quality
- Sony SSCS3 Design and comfort
- Sony SSCS3 Controls
- Sony SSCS3 Pros and cons
- What to look for when buying speakers or headphones
- The Sony SSCS3 specs and features
- KEF Q100 Reviews
- KEF Q100 Audio Quality
- KEF Q100 Design and comfort
- KEF Q100 Pros and Cons
- What to look for when buying speakers or headphones
- The KEF Q100 specs and features