Sonos has been one of the best soundbars around because of the deep bass and richer sounds they produce. They are somehow expensive, but you won’t want to miss these great speakers. In this article, we will look at the Sonos soundbar reviews, including the Sonos playbar reviews, the Sonos Beam reviews, the Sonos Sub Gen 3 reviews, and the Sonos Arc Reviews. We will also look at why Sonos is worth every cent, and some of the differences between Sonos Beam and Sonos Playbar.
Here is the complete overview of the Sonos soundbar reviews with prices.
Best Sonos Soundbar Reviews
Sonos playbar reviews
Sonos Playbar - The Mountable Sound Bar for TV, Movies, Music, and More - Black
14 used from $379.96
as of November 16, 2020 2:47 pm
- The mountable soundbar for TV, movies, music, and more
- Enjoy crisp dialogue and impressive bass from wall to wall with Playbar. Control it with the Sonos app, your remote, and more
- Whether you mount it on the wall or place it below your TV on a stand or console, Playbar automatically tunes itself for the best possible sound
- Playbar was specially tuned by Oscar-winning sound engineers to emphasize the sound of the human voice so you can always follow the story
- Easily connect Sonos speakers in different rooms over WiFi to create a home sound system that brings every room and everyone together
The Sonos playbar uses 3.0 channels, and it produces sounds with clarity when watching TV shows and listening to podcasts. Just like the Bose 700, this has sub-bass, if you want more sub-bass you may need to buy a subwoofer. The soundbar does not have Bluetooth technology and HDMI ports.
The playbar has built-in woofers, comes in black color with some silver color speakers. The grilles are on the sides of the soundbar, and the inputs are located on the backside. It has a good build quality and is made from fabric and plastic materials. In the box of the speaker, there is the Sonos playbar, power cord, start guide, ethernet cable, and an optical cable.
Watching TV shows this playbar is really good, the sounds are natural, clear, and very accurate voices to the originality of the audio. This makes it good for listening to audiobooks, movies, music, and podcasts. The soundbar also connects to WIFI, where you can easily stream online content.
When it comes to listening to music, it offers pretty decent sounds, rich bass and can fill in room size. The soundstage for this Sonos playbar is wide and this provides an immersible experience and although it offers good sounds, you can still add a Sonos Sub, this increases the sound of any movie.
Sonos Playbar pros and cons
- Good design and build quality
- Sounds are balanced
- The setup is easy to upgrade
- Rich bass
- Does not have HDMI ports
- Does not include a remote control
How good is Sonos sound quality?
Sono’s sound quality is really good, especially when paired with the Sonos Subs Gen 3. Sonos has a cinematic sound for all your TV shows, music, and movies. If you want to get the most of Sonos then use a pair of play:1, play:3, or play:5 speakers as the rear channels. Another important point is the very placement positions of the speakers will determine what type of sound you get.
Is the Sonos Playbar worth it?
Sonos playbar is worth it if you can sacrifice a few features like Bluetooth connectivity. But when it comes to sound, the rumbling sound, echo bass, and tremendous cinematic effect will give you goosebumps making Sonos worth every cent. But remember Sonos does not have remote, but you can use your TV remote to operate it.
Sonos Beam soundbar reviews
Sonos Beam - Smart TV Sound Bar with Amazon Alexa Built-in - Black
1 used from $349.95
as of November 16, 2020 2:47 pm
- Beam - The smart, compact soundbar for TV, music, and more.
- High definition sound - Experience rich, detailed sound for your TV that fills the entire room.
- TV, music and more - Play music, TV, movies, podcasts, radio, audiobooks and video games.
- Easy control - Control Beam with your voice, remote, the Sonos app, and more.
- Voice control - Amazon Alexa is built right in so you can play music, check news, set alarms, and more, completely hands free.
The Sonos Beam is a smart TV compact soundbar with built-in Alexa, and the sound is amazingly good when listening to music and watching a movie. It has a high definition sound for a rich sound to fill up any room. Easy to control using voice assistants like Alexa, and using the Sonos app. You can connect and play music with your favorite music apps like Spotify.
You can connect all other audio devices and TV to the Sonos Beam, it has an automatic remote detection allowing you to control the soundbar. You can add more bass with Sonos subwoofer to get the best of this soundbar. You can also add the Sonos SL for more surround sound to give a complete home theater sound. This Soundbar speaker is easy to set up.
If you are looking for affordable crystal clear sound with optimized sound then try the Sonos Beam soundbar. You can easily spread your Sonos speakers in different rooms and connect them together through WiFi.
Sonos Beam vs Playbar
Difference between Sonos Beam and Sonos Playbar
Which is better Sonos Beam vs Playbar? The Sonos Beam and Sonos Playbar have different features and similar ones, they both have a night mode, speech enhancement, and are wall mountable. Sonos Beam has five drivers while Sonos Playbar has nine. The Beam has Alexa built-in, Apple Airplay, and HDMI ARC audio input. The Playbar has Optical audio input. You can add subs for more bass on both speakers and you get the choice of either a stand only soundbar or add 3.1 or 5.1 channel sets.
Does the Sonos soundbar need a subwoofer?
The Sonos soundbar just like any other soundbar needs a subwoofer to boost the bass output. The sound from a standalone soundbar and sound from a soundbar with subs are way different. Sonos has options like 3.1 and 5.1 channel sets you can add to your soundbar to give you a full cinematic experience of your Sonos soundbar.
What TV works best with Sonos beam?
The Sonos Beam works with any TV that has an HDMI ARC port (audio return channel), the TV must have this port for it to work with Sonos beam. Most of the TV’s have HDMI but check properly for HDMI ARC before buying one. This TV is highly recommended, the Samsung flat 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart TV with HDR and Alexa.
Where should Sonos subwoofer be placed in the room?
You can place the Sonos subwoofer in the largest room in the house and it is designed to be placed on the floor of the room. Usually placed in the corner or against the wall, either under, behind, or next to any furniture in the house and on the floor. The subwoofer is heavy so placing them on the floor for good balance and to avoid vibrations when placed on a TV stand.
Does the Sonos Sub make a big difference?
Yes, the Sonos sub makes a huge difference when added to a soundbar. The sound becomes very heavy and the bass output is massive. The Sonos Sub Gen 3 is the all-new in one subwoofer, with a wireless connection to connect all other Sonos speakers to increase deep bass. The sub has two force-canceling drivers which eliminate vibrations and rattling without distortion when on high volume.
Sonos Sub Gen 3 reviews
Sonos Sub (Gen 3) - The Wireless Subwoofer for Deep Bass - Black
1 used from $689.95
as of November 16, 2020 2:47 pm
- All-new Sonos Sub - Hear and feel the difference with Sub, the wireless subwoofer for deep bass.
- No buzz, just bass - Two force-canceling drivers at the center of Sub eliminate vibration and rattle so you get powerful bass without any distortion.
- Made to be seen and heard - The award-winning and versatile design features a slim, sculptural shape and high-gloss finish. Stand Sub upright or lay it on its side.
- Lower lows and higher highs - Sub takes over the lowest frequencies, enhancing the midrange playback from paired speakers so you experience fuller, more detailed sound.
- More immersive entertainment - Connect Sub to Arc or Beam, and enjoy TV, movies, and video games like never before. Add a pair of One SL surrounds for an even more immersive home theater experience.
The Sonos Sub Gen 3 is the all-new subwoofer, with a wireless connection, and wirelessly connect all other Sonos speakers for complete home theater experience and to increase the deep bass.
The deep bass of the Sonos sub is amazingly good, the design is beautiful. It has two colors, black and white with a sleek finish, slim, sculptural shape, and high-gloss finish. Unlike most subwoofers that vibrate while playing, the Sonos subs stand firm even at the highest volume using the two force-canceling drivers at the center of sub. This helps to eliminate any form of vibrations or rattlings and any distortions while exhibiting its powerful bass.
The best feature of the sub is that you can stand it upright or lay it on its side, the sound will not be affected. You can experience a more detailed and enhanced sound from the paired speakers because the sub can take over the lowest frequencies, enhance the midrange playback creating a fuller sound.
For a more home theatre experience, connect the Sub to Arc, Beam, or playbar and watch movies, music, and play games with complete entertainment. For a more surround sound experience, pair the subs with One SL surrounds.
Sonos Arc Reviews
Sonos Arc - The Premium Smart Soundbar for TV, Movies, Music, Gaming, and More - White
out of stock
as of November 16, 2020 2:47 pm
- All-new Sonos Arc - Bring all your entertainment to life with the brilliantly realistic sound of Arc, featuring Dolby Atmos. Enjoy control with your TV remote, voice, the Sonos app, Apple AirPlay 2, and more.
- 3D sound with Dolby Atmos - Experience shows, movies, and games with the precise and immersive sound of Dolby Atmos.
- Tuned to perfection - Enhanced Trueplay tuning technology optimizes the sound for the unique acoustics of the room.
- Immerse yourself in the music - Stream music, radio, podcasts, and more from your favorite services with the Sonos app or Apple AirPlay 2 when the TV is off.
- A truly powerful soundbar - Eleven high-performance drivers produce vivid detail and impressive bass.
This is Sonos Arc premium smart soundbar, it is a 3D sound featuring Dolby Atmos that delivers pure entertainment with a realistic sound Arc. The Sonos Arc can be controlled using voice assistant, Sonos app, Airplay 2, and your TV remote. The Dolby Atmos enhances your audio experience with precise and immersive sound.
Sonos Arc uses an enhanced Truplay technology to optimize the sound from movies, gaming, and music for unique acoustics for any space.
The Sonos Arc has eleven high-performance drivers to produce and impressive detailing and deep bass for any kind or sound either with TV or off the TV using the Sonos app to listen through your smartphone or tablet.
You can stream any song or movies from your smartphone using the Sonos app, you can also control the Arc settings to increase bass, volumes, and choose between music or podcast apps. You can also use the Sonos app to turn on the Speach enhancement to clarify dialogue, this helps to emphasize human voice for clarity, detailing, and sound production.
The signature of Sonos is bestowed on this Src soundbar with one of the best beautiful soundbars out there. The design is a blend of beauty and art, it can be wall-mounted or sits beautifully of the shelf. The shape is elongated, the facade is seamless and designed to fit under the TV discreetly.
With this Arc soundbar, you can build a full home theater by adding the Sonos Sub Gen3 and One SL rear surrounds wirelessly for an immersive and cinematic audio experience.