Here is why getting a Polk audio Rc65i 2-way premium in wall 6.5 speakers would be ideal for your home and business. Polk Audio electronics have been around for a really long time. The general theory of these brands is that it has been around the longest, and it is a brand that provides the products suitable for its customers.
I mean how else would a brand stay that long if it is not one of the best? If you are not familiar with the Polk in-wall speakers brands, it is one of the leading manufacturers of electronics, specializing in Speakers as well as Audio drivers (software).
Check out some of the best amplifiers Sony STR DH590 Vs Yamaha RX-V385 – Detailed Comparison
With more than a decade of manufacturing speakers, Polk Audio has withstood the test of time as well as quality. It has won many awards and has been nominated more times than we can count.
In this article for Polk audio rc65i review, we will focus on these particular Polk in-wall speakers, the Rc65i 2-way premium in wall 6.5 speakers which were made by Polk Audio.
We will give you some detailed specifications as well as some special features that you will possibly be interested in. Further down the article, we will cover the details about the dimensions, the power, and the advantages of having them. So let us begin with a short overview.
The RC65i Overview
They are probably one of the most popular speakers in the market right now and they are the most loved ones. We will talk about why people love them in just a bit.
Just in case you are wondering what the 65 in the name means, it is the measurement of 6.5 inches (length). While this may sound like very small size, they have a great quality that will blow your mind.
I’m sure you looked at the title of this article and saw the word “in-walls speakers” and you have no idea what that means. Well, you don’t need to worry, all you have to do is keep scrolling.
When we say in-wall speakers, what we mean is that these speakers are suitable for installing on your wall or even your ceiling. Also, they have an optional grille, allowing you to paint them which means they can blend into the wall. I believe that’s where the in-wall feature comes in.
Polk audio also have a choice of 8 inch in wall speaker, 6.5 inch in wall speakers, and 5.25 inch in wall speakers.
Why do people love them so much?
First of all, the rc65i models provide an audio with dynamic balance, so you will always get some great quality sounds from these speakers.
The dynamic balance that we are speaking of here is the bass to treble ratio. I’m sure you have heard the kind of quality you get when you have a high treble with a low bass or when you are all about that bass and no treble.
Either way, you go, you need speakers that provide a balance between the two and Polk Audio Rc65i has got your back on this one.
Many people who have bought the Polk Rc65i have dropped reviews stating that they are totally worth it. The other reason why these models are a great choice for you is that you have many options on where to install them.
Their small size allows them to be suitable for indoor or outdoor installation.
On top of that, they make a great choice for just about everyone. Whether you are looking for speakers to install in your living room or the gym, the Rc65i will be an outstanding selection.
I have walked into music and movie (post-production) studios and I have seen these speakers used as the main audio outlet. This just goes a long way to tell us that these speakers are great for anything.
Don’t you just hate it when you want to listen to music at high volumes but you just can’t because your TV speaker can’t give you that great quality?
The fact of the matter is that the speakers on your TV speakers were not built for that sort of thing so it is always good to have separate speakers, like the Rc65i, of course.
The good thing is that modern TVs have the option of connecting to your speakers and using the auxiliary mode. This allows you to have a better sound quality just the way you like it.
Oh, and did I mention that you get 2 speakers? Well, they come in a pair. As such, you can install one on both sides, giving you a great stereo capability.
Let’s get into the specifications and see describe these speakers a bit further.
Detailed Specifications for Polk Audio RC65i
|Dimensions||Cut-out Height:||10 7/8 (27.62 cm) inches|
|Cut-out Width||7 3/8 (18.73 cm) inches|
|Height||12 1/16 (30.64 cm) inches|
|Mounting depth||2 7/8 (7.30 cm) inches|
The mounting depth, in this case, includes the ½ drywall
|Dimension||Overall depth||2 7/8 (7.30 cm) inches|
|Pre-construction Bracket||PB 65|
|Width||8 5/8 (21.91 cm) inches|
|Driver Complement Mid/ Woofer||Diameter||6 ½ (16.51 cm) inches|
|Driver Complement Mid/ Woofer||Quantity||1|
|Driver Complement Mid/ Woofer||Type||Dynamic Balance driver with mineral-filled polymer cone and rubber surround|
|Driver Complement Tweeter||Diameter||¾ (1.91 cm) inches|
|Driver Complement Tweeter||Type||Dynamic Balance Tweeter with a metalized soft dome in swivel mount|
These in-wall speakers Polk have very unique dimensions of the mid/woofer and the tweeter. The dedicated tweeter is a traditional soft dome and it is swivel-mounted, making sure that it gives you just the right sounds without distortions.
|Electrical Efficiency||89 dB|
|Electrical inputs||Spring-loaded clips|
|Electrical- lower- 3dB Limit||60 Hz|
|Electrical- Nominal impedance||8 ohms|
|Electrical- Recommended Amplifier Power||20-100 watts per channel|
|Electrical- Total Frequency response||32 Hz – 20 kHz|
|Electrical- Upper- 3dB Limit||20 kHz|
While some people argue against this fact, most people say that the speakers of such a type as these RC65i models consume a lot of power.
However, with Polk audio wall speakers, the case is different. You get speakers of great quality that consume the least amount of electricity.
We don’t want the introduction of speakers in the house which introduces a new level of electric bills. Thankfully, Polk on wall speakers took this into consideration. If that isn’t customer care, I really don’t know what is.
- Total Shipping Weight: 8.00 pounds
- Unit of measure: Pair
- Speaker Warranty: 5 Years
I think the 5 years warranty is one of the reasons why these speakers are chosen by a lot of people. Polk Audio allows you to return the speakers if they happen to have a certain fault. You are only allowed to return them within 5 years after the day of the purchase.
The warranty allows you to return the speakers and get a new pair of the same products without paying extra
Related: Best Home Theater Speakers Under 300
Features for Polk Audio RC65i
Now that we have gone through the basic details and the specifications about the dimensions, it is about time we looked at the features since this is the section that every buyer is interested in. Here are the features of the RC65i
- The small in-wall speakers (RC65i speakers) use the virtual enclosure of your wall and in your ceiling space to enhance their bass response and smooth low frequency blending with the midrange. You are likely to fall in love with this feature. When you have speakers installed in your wall/ceiling, you can really feel the music through the vibrations created by the speakers
- All of the speakers that fall into the RCi series, including this one, have paintable grilles. These features allow you to make your speakers disappear into the room that you have installed them in. Also, you can remove the paint or change the color at any time.
- Believe it or not, these Polk wall speakers are durable- the warranty itself tells us that. You can stay for a very long time with these sound companions. On top of that, they are computer-modeled, injection-molded butyl rubber surrounds suppress unwanted cone resonances for a lifetime of reliable sound.
- They have an easy one-cut drop-in installation which puts built-in audio within reach. Also, you have perfect fit templates, a precision flange as well as pre-construction brackets.
- They are light in weight and they have stiff blue polymer cones that deliver excellent damping and bass response.
- These speakers are very easy to install. The user manual is not rocket science and you most certainly won’t need to call an expert to install them for you, unless if it’s the in-wall installation. The easy rotational cams also make the installation easy.
- The speakers can fit in bigger spaces (they have a wide dispersion design). Just one speaker can produce enough sound to cover a wide range. This means that you can install both speakers in a large room.
- The factor that makes these speakers advantageous over the others is the fact that they are water-resistant. Yes, water-resistant speakers exist.
This doesn’t mean that they were designed to be in the water for a long time. It simply implies that they are suitable to be installed in places near water, like in the room with the swimming pool or your bathroom.