Pioneer’s VSX-LX503 and VSX-LX303 are not your average home video audio receivers, so if you are looking to purchase a good AV receiver and you are wondering where to begin, look no further. Here, I have chosen to compare these two best network receivers, the Pioneer VSX-LX503 and Pioneer VSX-LX303, compared some notes, and in the end, you will find it easier to decide. So, which is the best, Pioneer VSX-LX303 vs Pioneer VSX-LX503 AV receivers?
The Pioneer VSX-LX503 is better than Pioneer VSX-LX503. The main difference between Pioneer VSX-LX303 and Pioneer VSX-LX503 is sound clarity, deep bass, and high-quality throughput rates. Pioneer VSX-LX503 combines good sound quality and volume in a compact form-factor without compromise.
Still, Pioneer VSX-LX303 also provides an immersive audio experience you can expect from a high-end audio-video receiver. Which Receiver Has The Best Sound Quality For Music In 2021?
The Pioneer VSX-LX503 video receiver is undoubtedly the best home theatre system as the most preferred option for most audio enthusiasts and pros than the Pioneer VSX-LX303.
The Pioneer VSX-LX503 is, therefore, by far more superior and stylish than Pioneer VSX-LX303, as the Pioneer VSX-LX503’s unparalleled sound clarity, deep bass, and high-quality throughput are better overall.
The Pioneer VSX-LX503 is a high-end AV receiver that weighs 13kg with dimensions of 435 x 185 x 386mm ( W x H x D) and it generally consumes power of 870 watts/0.15 watts on standby. It was released by Pioneer company on the 17th of June in 2018. While the Pioneer VSX-LX303 is a 9.2 channel network receiver with dimensions of (W x H xD) 435 x 173 x 370.5, it weighs 10.8 kg slightly less than the latter, and its power requirements are as follows: AC 220-240V, 50/60 Hz and was released on the 11th of October 2018. Both the receivers are black in color and have a beautiful black shiny appearance with impressive performance.
Basic Details: Pioneer VSX-LX303 VS Pioneer VSX-LX503
- Country of make: USA
- Manufacturer: Pioneer
- Model: VSX-LX503 and VSX-LX303
- Type: AV receiver
- Weight: 29 Pounds
- Battries: 2 AAA battries
Pioneer VSX-LX503 Pros
It has very good sound quality, it also can expand to 11 channels with an external amp, it also includes the lowest jitter level in the sub $5000 category. On another plus, it uses the same DAC that’s used in many studios which means when you decide to update you don’t have to change much and it has a very good built-in phono stage.
It uses only global cut-off frequency for all speakers not to mention removal is too sparse. Through my journey in testing countless different models such as Yamaha, Sansui, Lexicon, Akai, Marantz, and Nakamichi I realized that out of all these brands’ Pioneer uses processors like the Nakamichi brand which is a bit of a downside for such a premium brand.
Pioneer VSX-LX3O3 Pros
Consumes less power not to mention its a beauty.
Its a little more priced than the latter.
- 9-channel amp to create Dolby’s
- Wireless audio streaming and Reference atmos setup 5.1.4 object-based multi-channel audio
- It has a stable amplifier down to the pioneer elite VSX -LX303 9.3 2 ohms channel network AV receiver
- It has a versatile built-in Chromecast
- Delivers up to 100 Watts
- It has an advanced sound retriever channel at 8 ohms for robust audio
- EARC Ready (via firmware of course) playback
- It pre-outs for 13 channels to create
- It has built-in airplay and Bluetooth
- 7.2.4 configuration connectivity
- It has a advanced sound retriever that wirelessly streams music
- Extremely high level of tweak ability on its compatible audio sources
- Automatic calibration
- It has standing wave control smartphones and tablets.
- It has a reflex optimizer
- It has a onboard wifi and ethernet
Pioneer VSX- lX503
Pioneer went for a very minimalist design with the VSX-LX503, something that we definitely like. The pioneer’s VSX-LX503 receiver body comes in a sleek and brushed metal finish, while the front side is meticulously finished with aluminum.
The VSX-LX503 high-end receivers come in two distinct colors, black and premium silver which you can select from depending on your room decor. Though it is a compact-sized AVR, measuring at (W x H x D) 17.1” x 7.3” x 15.2” (435 x 185 x 386 mm), the VSX LX503 is a big AV receiver even though it is not the biggest to have come on the market in recent years.
Without a doubt, there have been a few bigger models that have been seen on the market that far exceed the size, I would consider a big one for a 9.2 channel receiver, I would say it is reasonably normal to come as big as the VSX-LX503 model is.
The VSX-LX503 also boasts stylish controls and Knobs in the front. There are visible two large turning knobs, one sitting at each side on the left and right side of the VSX-LX503. The right knob of the VSX-LX503 is for the volume while the left knob is for the input selection.
Just under the large left side of the knob is a small power button that has a very nice blue led light around it which can look really nice in low light conditions.
In the middle of the VSX-LX503, you will spot the functions display with all the necessary information, along with the drop-down panel door that hides a lot of control buttons as well as a few front connection ports.
- Direct energy amplification at 120w channel (8 ohms,20 kHz HD 0.08% 2 ch DRIVEN FTC )
- It generally supports 5.2.4 and 7.2.2 -CH Speaker layouts and 7.2.4 with the addition of an external 2 channels amplifier for immersive Dolby Atmos and DTS:x soundtracks
- With this sound system, you can make it part of your existing Sonos home sound system, or you can start a new one. You can instantly upgrade the music streaming capability of the home theater receiver with Sonos Connect and a free firmware update.
- It also includes 4k Ultra HD pass-through with HDCP 2.2, Dolby vision compatible with HDR10, HLG, and BT 2020 SUPPORT.
- It includes a powered zone 3/zone 2 which allows you to a beautiful legendary ELITE audio quality in secondary locations such as your home office or your patio. The Bluetooth is the latest one ‘which is fast used in the latest smartphones in the market.
- IT also features phase control‘ subwoofer, EQ, and multi-point standing wave control which ensures the most premium home theater calibration.
- Audio Processing.
- DTS Compatibility DTS 96/24, DTS Express, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS:X, DTS-ES
- Dolby Compatibility Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD
- Auro 3D Support No
- Upmixing Technology Dolby Surround
- Supported File Formats 5.6 MHz DSD, AIFF, ALAC, FLAC, WAV via USB/Network
The body also has a metal finish which adds to everything that makes this receiver something we can definitely go for, which the body is made up of aluminum.
VSX-LX303 does have a few tricks up its sleeves that would explain why it’s so pricey unlike the latter, it includes a 9.2-ch Network AV Receiver
The VSX-LX303 boasts of the most sought after Dolby Atmos®/Dolby Surround Upmixing and with the powered Zone 2/Zone 3 audio setup which is unparalleled.
The VSX-LX303 also Supports the pass-through for HDR10, HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma), and Dolby Vision signals which most audio enthusiasts enjoy.
The VSX-LX303 also come with a 100 W/ch (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, THD 0.08 %, 2ch Driven, FTC) and 200 W/ch (6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 10 %, 1ch Driven)
As you can see from the capabilities of the VSX-LX303, it is clearly designed for optimum Dolby Atmos / DTS:X movie playback for those looking for a seamless 7.2.2ch / 5.2.4ch surround sound system setup. The VSX-LX303 is also calibrated by MCACC and with the support for next-generation video standards all in place for future upgrades.
The Elite VSX-LX303 certainly brings multi-dimensional excitement to your home theater whether it’s for gamers or audio and movies. If you are into wireless connectivity, the VSX-LX303 comes with the FlareConnect platform which offers wireless multi-room audio connectivity. You will love this feature as it is easy to control on the Pioneer Remote App especially when you have various sources of audio including tv, vinyl records, and gaming console. Eve better, why not enjoy internet radio and network streaming services with Chromecast built-in and DTS Play-Fi via your smartphone with your VSX-LX303?
- Amplifier Design
- Direct Energy
- Channels of up to 9
- Power Output: Watts per Channel (20 Hz 20 kHz, THD 0.08 % @ 8 ohms FTC) 100 W/ch
- Power Output: Wattages per Channel of (6 ohms 1 kHz 10 % 1ch Driven) 200 W/ch
- Power Output: The Watts per Channel (8 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.08 %, 2 ch Driven FTC) SC Power Rating Only
- Power Output: The VSX-LX303 comes with watts per Channel of about 4 ohms, 1 kHz, 1 %, 2 ch driven) SC Power Rating Only
- Power Output: The VSX-LX303 boasts of (6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 1 %, 1ch Driven FTC) SC Power Rating Only
- Power Output: Watts Multi-channel Simultaneous Drive (8 ohms, 1 kHz, 1 %)
- 4 OHM Speaker: Yes
- Estimated Power Consumption/Standby with HDMI Control off7 50 W/0.15 W
- ENERGY STAR 3.0 Certified
Handheld and Internet
- AirPlay: Yes
- HTC Connect
- Made for iPhone and iPod Airplay Only
- iOS/Android Remote Control App Pioneer Remote App
- Internet Radio: Yes, TuneIn
- Pandora Internet Radio: Yes
- Streaming Audio From PC/Network: Yes
- Music Playback via USB Network: Yes
- Chromecast built-in: Yes
- Hi-Res Audio: Yes
- TIDAL Music Streaming Service ReadyYes
Decoders and Formats
- Digital Core DSP Engine
- Digital Quad-Core 32-bit DSP (Cirrus Logic) + Aureus Floating-Point DSP (TI)
- AIR Studios Certification-
- iPod Digital Audio-
- Audio DACs384 kHz/32-bit D/A Conversion with AK4458 (AKM) & PCM5101 (TI)
- High-Definition Copy Protection (HDCP)2.2
- Dolby Atmos: Yes
- Dolby TrueHD: Yes
- Dolby Digital Plus: Yes
- Dolby Surround: Yes
- DTS:X: Yes
- DTS-HD Master Audio: Yes
- HDMI SACD Transfer Multi 2.8 MHz (PCM Conversion)
- MCACC: Yes
- MCACC Memory1
- Phase Control: Yes
- Auto Phase Control Plus-
- Full Band Phase Control-
- Standing Wave Control: Yes
- EQ Bands-
- Symmetric EQ: Yes
- Distance Adjustment-
- Precision Distance-
- Polarity Check-
- Auto Subwoofer Crossover: Yes
- Auto Surround: Yes
- Auto Level Control-
- Optimum Surround-
- Stream Direct: Yes (Direct, Pure Direct)
- Advanced Surround Multiple
- Wide Surround-
- Front Stage Surround Advance: Yes
- Headphone Surround-
- USB DAC-
- DSD Music File: Yes
- 2ch:5.6 MHz, Multi:2.8 MHz (Multi is only for SACD via HDMI)
- Audio Processing-
- Dialog Enhancement-
- Advanced Sound Retriever: Yes
- Sound Retriever AIR-
- Digital Noise Reduction-
- Tone Control: Yes (Multi)
- Sound Delay (Lip Sync): Yes (500ms)
- Speaker A/B-
- Bi-Amp: Yes
- 4K 60p Ultra HD Passthrough: Yes (HDR10, Dolby Vision Compatible)
- 4K 60p Ultra HD Video Scaler Ultra HD Upscaling
- 3-D Ready: Yes
- Audio Return Channel: Yes
- HDMI 36-bit Deep Color: Yes
- x.v.Color: Yes
- Video Converter to HDMI: Yes
- Video Scaler1080p -> 4k
- Stream Smoother-
- Pure Cinema-
- Super Resolution: Yes
- Video Parameter Adjustments-
- HDMI Input / Output 7 in / 2 out
- MHL 2-
- Wi-Fi Built-In: Yes (Dual Band 5 GHz/2.4 GHz)
- Bluetooth Built-In: Yes (Version: 4.1, Profile: A2DP/AVRCP, Codec: SBC/AAC)
- Component Video Input / Output1 In
- USB Memory Input: Yes
- Ethernet Input: Yes
- Composite A/V Input / Output2 In
- Analog Audio Inputs / Output4 In
- Phono Input: Yes
- Digital Inputs / Output2 In (Optical 1, Coaxial 1)
- Pre-Amp Outputs: Yes (Zone 2)
- Headphone Output: Yes
- Front A/V Inputs USB, 3.5mm stereo input
- AM/FM Presets (40 Presets)