Marantz and Yamaha are some of the best AVR manufacturers available for consumers who enjoy high-end audio-video receivers gear and for good reasons, they are very challenging to compare. The Marantz NR1506 and Yamaha RX-S601 are receivers that use 5 channels. To answer the question is Marantz better than Yamaha audio-video receiver, read the below analysis.
Yamaha audio-video receiver stands out as the best AVR brand. While Yamaha stands out as the best-sounding amplifier, the Marantz isn’t that far behind with its sleek and aesthetically designed Audio-video receiver range. However, the Yamaha audio legacy outperforms Marantz, it has been around for a very long time as compared to the Marantz that has only been around for a few decades.
Nonetheless, both of these brands produce audio equipment with great sound quality.
Generally, the Yamaha produces equipment that has great features and offers support for a lot of features than the Marantz. In some way, we can say that Marantz is better than Yamaha especially when it comes to the sound quality, according to most reviews. This is because the Marantz also has various features that ensure that the sound that it offers is excellent and well balanced up.
When it comes to some of the extra features, Yamaha can excel because, in terms of the application used, it has a better interface and features that allow you to conveniently control the devices. The two brands also make audio equipment that has support for a lot of features including Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital, Audio calibration, and DTS: X.
Marantz is was named after the founder and owner of the brands a few decades back, the brand is known for its SR series, and the sound quality is very noticeable. The products also support many technologies including airplay, iTunes and are compatible with multiple operating systems. Marantz is owned by Sound United together with Denon.
Yamaha is originally a Japanese company that not only manufactures audio equipment but also other electronic products.
The produce AV receiver that really stands out, has the Aventage 10000 series and the MusicCast 2018 that are very popular receivers. It offers a lot of good features including HD audio as well as video. It also has a model called the RX series that offers Dolby Atmos, HDR10, DTS: X, Wifi, Hybrid Log-Gamma, Pandora, Bluetooth, and Wifi support. It also has a 5.1 channel receiver in the HTR series, this has Dolby Digital built-in. It also has DTS as well as Dolby pro logic IIx decoding.
The Marantz is considered to be at the top line, with the Yamaha coming in the second position. The Marantz is also known for producing more VRMs for pre-outs than the Yamaha if you are using external amplifiers
When it comes to choosing between the Marantz and Yamaha, you also need to look at the apps that each of these brands uses for their receivers.
Yamaha excels mainly with the application that it uses, the app is better and has more features as compared to the Marantz apps. With the Yamaha application, you barely need a remote control because it has most of the controls that you may need. The interface it uses is also better than that used by Marantz. The app that you choose also depends on the things that you like, that is to say if you prefer YPAO or Audyssey for movies and music.
The Marantz uses the Audyssey multi EQ which helps in improving the sound depending on the room setting. Yamaha on the other hand uses the YPAO which is a good feature however the Audyssey is more advanced than the YPAO.
When it comes to sound quality, the Marantz has better sound quality, most of the amps and the AVRs that are produced by Yamaha have low sound quality as compared to the Marantz.
Marantz has audio equipment that produces excellent sounds and clear highs as well as vocals. It also has the Audyssey EQ and the sub-bass that produces excellent sounds.
Marantz NR1506 Vs Yamaha RX-S601
Marantz NR1506 5.2 Channel Network Audio/Video Surround Receiver with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
- 5.2 inch platform with 2.2 inch pre out
- 50w(8ohm, 20hz 20khz,thd:0.08 percent) power amp
- HDMI 2.0 6 inputs / 1 output
- Built in wi fi and bluetooth
- 4k/60hz full rate pass through and HDCP 2.2
Yamaha RX-S601BL Receiver (Black Aluminum), Works with Alexa
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately).
- Music Cast wireless audio support
- Built-in Wi-Fi, Wireless Direct and Bluetooth
- Airplay, Pandora, Spotify Connect streaming service and AV Controller App
- DSD 2.8 MHz / 5.6 MHz, FLAC / WAV / AIFF 192 kHz / 24-bit, Apple Lossless 96 kHz / 24-bit playback
The Marantz NR1506 and Yamaha RX-S601 are receivers that use 5 channels. They have a lot of similar features but they are not the same, the models are different in many ways. The first difference is in the price range, where the Yamaha comes at a higher price than the Marantz.
It can be very hard to compare the output quality of the two receivers, both models deliver an output quality that is very similar. They both use 4k ultra HD to offer quality video quality, they also support HDCP 2.2. This ensures that you are able to enjoy great content.
The two models have a lot of differences when it comes to output quality, the first difference comes in their audio configurations. Yamaha is a 5.1 channel receiver whereas the Marantz is a 5.2 channel receiver. The Marantz has a power of 50 watts while the Yamaha has a power of 60 watts. This means that the audio configuration of the Marantz allows it to work with two subwoofers and 5 satellite speakers. The audio configuration of the Yamaha allows it to work with 5 satellite speakers and one sub-woofer.
The performance of Marantz offers a great solid bass with a quality level. In this case, the Yamaha is able to deliver strong sounds and can be more suitable for medium to large rooms.
Both of these models support similar features, they both come with Dolby Atmos support, audio calibration, and DTS support. The only difference is that Marantz NT1506 does not have a multi-room audio feature but Yamaha has this feature. What the multi-room feature does is allow you to listen to music in any room in your home.
Yamaha RX-S601 also has more ports than the Marantz and this can be due to the fact that it has multi-room audio support.
Yamaha RX-V585BL vs Marantz NR1609
The Yamaha RX-V585BL and Marantz NR1609 are 7.2 channel amplifiers. These amplifiers have support for many features including Bi-amp compatibility, pure direct decode mode, Dolby Atmos, and DTS: X for surround sound.
Here the Yamaha is better than the Marantz because it has a higher power of 80 watts on each channel which is very powerful. It also has HDMI eARC features. The Marantz has phono inputs and its GUI is better.
When it comes to the size and weight, the Marantz is on the bulkier side of the weight as compared to the Yamaha. The Marantz weighs 14 kgs while the Yamaha weighs 8.1 kgs. The Marantz also has more HDMI ports than the Yamaha.
Yamaha RX-V585 7.2-Channel Network AV Receiver with MusicCast, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- 7.2 channel surround sound with Zone B
- Wi Fi, Bluetooth, AirPlay, Spotify Connect and MusicCast multi room; Works with Amazon Alexa
- Pandora, Spotify, SiriusXM Internet Radio, TIDAL, Deezer, Napster and more
- HDMI 2.1 with HDCP 2.2 (4 in/1 out): 4K Ultra HD, HDR10, Dolby Vision, Hybrid Log Gamma and BT.2020
- MusicCast Surround capable: add 2 MusicCast 20 speakers to provide wireless surrounds for a 5.1 ch; Setup
The Yamaha is an amplifier that uses 7.2 channels, it allows up to 7 satellite speakers and two subwoofers. The amplifier has an impedance of 8.6 ohms and its frequency response range is about 10Hz to 100kHz. It also supports Bi-amping and pure direct or straight decoding.
The Yamaha uses YPAO for auto speaker calibration, this calibrates the audio depending on the acoustics of the room. It also supports features like DSP, Virtual cinema front as well as compressed music enhancer.
The amplifier supports Internet connectivity using WiFi and it also has Bluetooth support. It supports various streaming services including Airplay 2, Deezer, Pandora, TuneIn, SiriusXM, and Napster.
The amplifiers support multi-room audio with two zones, it also provides multi-channel surround using features like Dolby Atmos, Dolby surrounds, Dolby True HD, and DTS:X. It also supports audio formats such as FLAC, MP3, WMA, ALAC, and AAC.
Marantz NR1609 AV Receiver - 50W powerful slim profile 7.2 channel, 2 zone home theater amplifier | Alexa compatible and stream music through WiFi, Bluetooth and Airplay
- Make the Most of Your New 4K Ultra HD TV, an Impactful Home Theater Experience With High Resolution Surround Sound and Exceptional Visual Clarity;Features full rate pass through, 4:4:4 Color resolution, HDR10 and BT.2020, plus Dolby vision compatibility and hybrid log gamma (HLG) audio from your TV apps with a single HDMI connection for the simplest setup
- 8 HDMI inputs and 1 output have full HDCP 2.2 support for copy protection, making this 7.2 CHANNEL DISCRETE POWER APLIFIER (50W per channel) a must buy for your home; Flexible 1 or 2 zone, multi room/multi source stereo and surround sound options
- CHOOSE YOUR FAVORITE VOICE CONTROL AGENT Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Apple Siri or Josh.ai Smart Home to effortlessly play, pause and stop music, switch inputs & more while you STREAM UNLIMITED MUSIC OR VIDEOS using popular services like Spotify, TuneIn, Deezer, Napster, Tidal, Netflix, Amazon Prime and others via Bluetooth, AirPlay 2, or HEOS app across 1 room, or multiple rooms with built in WIRELESS HEOS MULTI ROOM AUDIO TECHNOLOGY
- Our EASY TO UNDERSTAND and USER FRIENDLY SETUP ASSISTANT comes with an ADVANCED GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE that guides you through the step by step process and connects all your audio sources to the receiver the main hub of your home theater; Moreover, Marantz receivers SEAMLESSLY INTEGRATE WITH SMART HOME AUTOMATION SYSTEMS like Josh.ai or Control4, and allow REMOTE MONITORING OF CONNECTED DEVICES, while you are vacationing or are on the move
- 60 YEARS OF INNOVATION and MARANTZ' RICH HISTORY of designing audio components for its premium range of home entertainment systems has been wonderfully embraced by music lovers and home cinema enthusiasts worldwide; Continuing its tradition of DELIVERING EXCEPTIONAL STEREO LISTENING, Marantz hand picks and custom designs its high grade components and their EXCLUSIVE HDAM technology makes all the difference in the world of audio, giving you the best home theater experience ever imagined
The Marantz NR1609 is an amplifier that has 7.2 channels, on the front of the speaker it has an A/B switch, and it has a Built-in phono input. The amplifier also supports Hi-Res audio as well as DSP. The amplifier has an impedance of 8.6 ohms and a frequency of 10Hz to 100kHz.
The amplifier supports digital to analog converter and bi-amping. It also supports a pure direct audio feature. It uses Audyssey Multi EQ for audio calibration. Other features include Audyssey dynamic volume, Hi-res audio, and Audyssey Dynamic EQ. It supports Wifi and Bluetooth connectivity and uses a USB 2.0.
The streaming services that it supports include Airplay Airplay 2, Deezer as well as Pandora. The amplifier also has a lot of HDMI inputs and can support HDMI ARC, HDMI eARC, and HDCP.
The audio quality is very good and the Al’s supports multi-room audio. It uses a HEOS app for multi-room control.
It also supports multichannel surround sound and includes features like Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby surround, and Dolby digital plus. Additional features to help enhance the audio include DTS:X, DTS virtual, DTS HD master, and DTS Neural. It also supports many audio formats including AAC, FLAC, mp3, WAV, and WMA.
- Which Receiver Has The Best Sound Quality For Music In 2021?
- Sony STR DH590 Vs Yamaha RX-V385 – Detailed Comparison
- Pioneer VSX 932 Vs VSX 832 Receiver Review
Marantz and Yamaha are two well-known brands that produce audio equipment. The Marantz is better than the Yamaha when it comes to excellent features and audio equipment. It also provides support for many streaming services and has equipment with more HDMI inputs than the Yamaha.