When it comes to comparing the Hisense R6 and the Tcl 4 series, you may be left in a dilemma. Despite sounding like they are very different, these TVs are actually similar in so many ways and features.
But, which TV is better than the other?
That is the Subject that will be covered in this article. We will primarily focus on how these TVs can be distinguished from each other based on their specifications.
We will then look at the features that they have in common, their common strengths as well as the weaknesses of both Hisense R6 vs Tcl 4
Also, we will discuss the advantages of having one TV over the other, basing on their capabilities. It is about to get interesting.
Hisense 50-Inch Class R6090G Roku 4K UHD Smart TV with Alexa Compatibility (50R6090G, 2020 Model)
$359.99 in stock
- Powered by exclusive technologies to amplify color, contrast, brightness, and smooth motion, the Hisense UHD smart TV combine incredible, ultra-bright 4k detail with the intuitively smart Roku TV to take your TV experience to the next level
- TV Dimensions: Without stand – 43.9" W x 25.5" H x 3.2" D | With stand – 43.9" W x 27.9" H x 8.9" D | Screen size – 49.5” measured diagonally | Voltage – 120V, 60Hz | VESA pattern – 200x300 (M6 Screw size) | Brightness rating – 300 nits
- Control the TV with your iOS or android device via the easy-to-use Roku TV remote app, or use your voice to power your TV on and off, change channels, search for shows, and more through an Alexa-enabled device (sold separately) | Not Bluetooth compatible
- Roku TV's simplified home screen and streamlined remote provide easy to access your cable box or HDTV antenna, one-touch access to favorite channels and streaming services, and access to over 5,000 streaming channels and 500,000 movies and TV episodes
- Inputs/outputs: HDMI – 3 (2.0b inputs) | USB – 1 | Ethernet – 1 | RF Antenna – 1 | RCA Composite Video Input – 1 | L/R Audio Input for Composite – 1 | Digital audio output – 1 Optical | Earphone/audio output – 1
TCL inch 4-Series 4K Roku Smart UHD TV (55 in)
Just to highlight a few points before diving into the details, both these TVs have the resolution of 4K Ultra HD and they support HDR.
Also, they can connect to their internet through either wired or a wireless connection. When you connect your TV to the internet, you can stream movies and watch YouTube videos directly on your TV. Isn’t that a cool feature?
To support a wired connection, these TVs have an Ethernet port, in which an Ethernet cable can be placed.
On the other hand, these TVs have pre-installed Wi-Fi functions. With them, you are able to turn on the Wi-Fi on your TV and connect it to your home Wi-Fi. Check my the recent article on Hisense H9E VS H9F Reviews
In this section, we will look at the most basic details, and because they are important information, you will also see how it all builds up to make our review on Hisense R6 series vs Tcl 4 series exceptional.
|Country of made||USA||USA|
|Year of release||2018||2018|
|Type||Smart TV||Smart TV|
So far, we have learned that these TVs are both smart TVs and they were made in the same year, only by different companies. In this section, we will look at the main display specifications.
|Resolution||4K UHD (3840 X 2160)||4K UHD (3840 X 2160)|
|Refresh Rate||60 Hz||60 Hz|
|Actual Diagonal Size||64.5”||64.5”|
|Screen||Flat Screen||Flat Screen|
|Panel Bit Depth||8 bits + FRC||8 bits + FRC|
|LED type||Direct LED||Direct LED|
|Color Depth||1.07 Billion||1.07 Billion|
In the display section, every feature is pretty much the same. The Panel bit Depth stands for the highest number of bits that can produce color. There are generally three main depths. These are 6 which gives an 18-bit color, 8 which gives a 24-bit color and 10 (or 8 bit +FRC) which gives a maximum of 30-bit color
Speaking of Frame rate control, it is the method that allows the pixels to show more tones on the screen to improve your viewing experience. Having said that, we know that this TV can support frame rate control.
|Advanced HDR by Technicolor||No||No|
|Frame Interpolation Technique||Ultra Smooth Motion||Clear Motion|
|Frame Interpolation Frequency||120 Hz||120 Hz|
|Upscaling||4K Upscaler||4K Creative Pro|
In this section, a lot of details are pretty much the same. On top of that, both of these TVs do not have the Auto low Latency Mode like many other modern TVs do.
To those who are great listeners, this is the section that you will most likely be interested in the most.
- The Audio in these TVs is actually different. The Hisense is equipped with two 15-watt speakers produces a great sound.
- On the other hand, the TCL series has two 8-watt speakers. These speakers give a nice stereo balanced sound. You can back your speaker up with this Best Soundbar Under 500.
- As we can see, the speakers of the Hisense combined, consume more power while those of the TCL consume less. While the Hisense speakers consume more power, they produce better sounds than that of the TCL. Try these complete reviews on Soundbars vs Surround Sound Systems.
- Audio functions in either both the Hisense or the TCL are not WiSA ready.
- Also, if you are into music then you need speakers that will produce quality sound no matter how high the volume can go. Sadly, a lot of modern TV speakers do not have such capabilities as they are only made for movies. This also applies to both the Hisense and the TCL flat screen.
As such, consider buying separate speakers and attach them to the TV of your choice so you can enjoy your music like one of these Budget Sound Bar.
|Wi-Fi Frequency||2.4 GHz, 5 GHz||2.4 GHz, 5 GHz|
|Wi-Fi Protocol||802.11 a/b/g/n/ac||802.11ac Dual Band|
|HDMI Audio Return Channel||Yes||Yes|
|USB Inputs Available||1||1|
|3.5mm headphone Audio Output||Yes||Yes|
|RCA Audio Outputs||Yes||Yes|
As a combination of the info provided, these TVs do not have satellite inputs so you can’t connect them to your dish or any other satellite connecting devices.
The Hisense Tv and the TCL Tv both run on the same operating system which is Roku TV. As such, if you are familiar with how to get around the system in the TCL, you surely won’t find trouble using the Hisense.
Furthermore, the Hisense R6 Vs TCL 4 Series have parental Control function (the V-chip) and have closed captions. Try these Top 10 Best Soundbars Under 200 and give your TV a boost.
It’s very important to know the type of formats that these TVs can support, especially for those that love to download things to view on their smart TV. So many formats exist out there and we are categorizing them into video, audio, and image since that’s what these TV can do.
In our format lists, we are only indicating those formats that are supported by either both of the TVs or at least one of them. Let’s start with Video formats
All other video formats that have not been included in this list are not supported by both the Hisense and the TCL.
To get the best sound out of these TVs, add a good wireless surround sound speakers for Tv.
In this section of the article we will look at the Pros in both TVs
- Firstly, both the Hisense R6 Vs TCL 4 Series has a direct LED, despite that they do not have wide viewing angles. When a TV has a wide viewing angle, you can still view clear images even though you have seated at any angle to the TV.
- Also, these TVs have a great panel bit depth of 8 bits which is accompanied by a Frame rate control.
- The Hisense and the TCL also have a color depth of 1.07 billion, allowing you to view colors without any possible limitations. Another factor enabling image clearance is the HDR10 which is contained in both TVs as well.
What are their Common downfalls?
- The TVs do not have HDR10+, Advanced HDR by Technicolor and Dolby Vision. These factors alone put them in low demand, people really pay attention to the image quality of what they are watching.
Also, they do not have IMAX Enhanced, which is a very important feature for a smart TV to have. Also, they do not have 4K HFR, 2K HFR, AMD Freesync, and do not support 3D display as stated in the specifications section.
So which one do you choose?
There are a lot of factors that can influence you to choose one TV over the other. To best help you decide, we will look at the advantages of having one over the other, based on their specifications, features, and format supports.
These cheap Soundbars Under 300 are ideal if you are under the budget.
Let us first shine our light on the Hisense
Which is better Hisense or TCL?
Advantages of the Hisense over the TCL
|Speaker Power Rating||15W X 2||8W X 2|
|RCA Audio Outputs||Available||NIL|
As we can see, the Hisense has quite a few features over the TCL. But wait! We are not stopping there. Let us look shine our light on the TCL and see what it has that the Hisense doesn’t.
Advantages of the TCL over the Hisense
Now that we have looked at the comparison between the two, you can finally decide what you want to go for.
- But, which TV is better than the other?
- Basic Information
- Video Features
- Audio Features
- Other features
- Format Supports
- Video Formats
- Audio Formats
- Image Formats
- Common Pros
- What are their Common downfalls?
- So which one do you choose?
- Which is better Hisense or TCL?
- Advantages of the Hisense over the TCL
- Advantages of the TCL over the Hisense