The two speakers are both produced by Bose, they both have the Bose uniqueness with almost similar features. Even though the Soundtouch 30 is almost out of the product line, meanwhile, the Bose home speaker 500 is the replacement line and has an even more sleek design and sounds really good. Having said that, this article will be focusing on the two speakers, comparing Bose home speaker 500 vs Soundtouch 30, both the designs, features, and sounds. Meanwhile, feel free to check out my recent reviews for Bose Home Speaker 500 Vs Apple HomePod Reviews.
The Bose home speaker 500 has a built Amazon Alexa, while the Bose SoundTouch 30 works with Alexa. The home speaker 500 has a wide stereo sound performance, works with the Bose Music app, connects to other Bose smart speakers, has a multi-color LCD screen, and connects to WiFi and Bluetooth music services. The Soundtouch 30 has a deep powerful sound, compatible with the soundtouch app, connects to all Bose soundtouch speakers, has only black and white OLED screen color, and connects to WiFi and Bluetooth music services.
Bose Soundtouch 30 review
The Bose SoundTouch 30 can be connected wirelessly to most devices, and has not only built WiFi but also Bluetooth connectivity and connects to most Bluetooth enabled devices. The Bose Soundtouch 30 can stream music from services like Spotify, Deezer, and other internet radio. With SoundTouch 30, you can stream music via Bluetooth and also have a multi room audio pairing. Let’s have a closer look at SoundTouch 30 features, specifications, and designs.
Bose SoundTouch 30 wireless speaker, works with Alexa - Black
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately) ; Audio Formats :AAC, Apple Lossless, MP3, WMA
- The most powerful wireless speaker from Bose; Wave guide technology provides enough power to fill the largest rooms in your home with deep, rich sound
- Works with your Wi Fi and Bluetooth devices to play music services like Amazon Music, Spotify Internet radio stations and your stored music library
- Remote:4.5 H x 1.75 W x 0.5 D inches; Features six presets for your favorite playlists, stations and podcasts, and an OLED display for time, song, station information and more
- Part of an entire family of multi room wireless speakers designed to grow with you; Wireless network compatibility: 802.11 b/g/n
- Built-in WIFI (dual band)
- Built-in Bluetooth
- Supports Spotify, Deezer and internet Radio
- Multiroom audio
- Smartphone app
Bose soundtouch 30 design
The soundTouch 30 speaker has two main colors, white and black. It has an elegant and rectangular shape design, the dimensions are 246mm (height) x 180mm (width). The designers have one thing in mind, a fulling sound speaker, from the design you see they try to contain all the important features that create room-filling sounds. It may also look large in size, but it weighs about 18.5 pounds (8.4kg).
On the front center of the speaker, you will find an OLED screen, and below the OLED screen, there is a silver panel with an illuminated Wi-Fi icon that notifies you when the speaker is connected to the WIFI. On top of the speaker, there is a panel that contains all the control buttons. These buttons are made from rubber and are quite durable, that is where you can control the power, volume, change tracks, pause/ play tracks, and even turn on radio stations.
You dont always have to press the buttons on the speaker because it has it own remote, all the functions on the speaker buttons can be found on the remote. The speaker also has a 3.5mm input, an ethernet port, a micro USB port, and USB Type-A port. The speaker also has a rear handle that allows you to easily move the speaker around.
Setting up the Bose Soundtouch 30 is very easy, you can download the Bose Soundtouch controller app in order to setup the speaker. The Bose Soundtouch controller app works for both Android and iOS devices. This Bose Soundtouch controller app allows you to connect to your home networks and live stream music from your home computer and many more. To set it up, all you have to do is to plug in the speaker then run the app, it will prompt you to enter your WIFI password, it also requires you to do some registering with Bose.
Bose SoundTouch 30 Features
The Bose soundtouch 30 has built-in WiFi, with the WiFi you can stream music from services like Deezer, internet radio and Spotify. You can also use your PC and NAS drives. The Bose soundtouch also allows you to connect other Soundtouch devices so that you can have multi-room audio. The Bose Soundtouch controller app allows you to carry out all these functions.
Read Also: What Is Better Bose or Sonos Soundbar?
The Bose Soundtouch also has built-in Bluetooth that lets you stream music via Bluetooth, it also has an aux port that you can use for wired connectivity. This speaker boasts of two full-range drivers and a woofer for the bass.
SoundTouch Sound quality
The sound quality from Bose Soundtouch 30 is quite solid, when it comes to sound, SoundTouch is one of the best wireless speakers from Bose. The highs and the lows are well balanced, and the bass is really punchy, but can easily distort on a higher volume. You also adjust the sound setting like the bass to your own taste, making this party good for an in-house party.
- Great build quality
- Delivers room feeling sounds with a good-solid bass
- Uses a great smartphone app
- Easily adjust the bass
- Not compatible with AirPlay 2
- It is costly
Is Bose Soundtouch 30 worth it?
The Bose soundtouch 30 is worth every penny, this is because it has a good build quality, the performance is powerful, it has deep punchy bass, the sound can fill any room, all this makes it worth spending on it. It also contains a smartphone app that works very well and works for android and iOS devices, also streams play almost all music apps.
Read Alos: Bose Surround Sound Speakers Review
Bose Home speaker 500 review
The Bose home speaker 500 offers room-filling sounds, it has Amazon Alexa built into the device which allows control of the device using your voice. It also allows to stream music from many services and it is compatible with airplay 2, Bluetooth and WIFI.
Bose Home Speaker 500 with Alexa Voice Control Built-in, Black
- Sound performance: Fill any room with impressive wall-to-wall stereo sound from a single speaker
- Built-in Alexa: Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant are built into this smart speaker for hands-free voice control. And a noise-rejecting mic system listens in every direction for your voice
- Connectivity: Pair your device to this home speaker to stream your favorite music and more via a Bluetooth connection, your home Wi-Fi network, Apple AirPlay 2, or Spotify Connect
- Control: Easily control your home speaker with 3 different ways to manage what you hear: your voice, the Bose Music app, or 6 1-touch presets on top of the speaker
- Make or take calls: With Alexa only, make or take calls from this smart speaker to Bose smart products, Amazon Echo products, and anyone in your contacts list. Hands free, phone free, and free of charge
Bose Home speaker 500 design
The Bose homes speaker 500 dimensions are 8.0 x 6.7 x 4.3 inches. It has a shape like an oval but a more rounded shape, it has a flat top, and the bottom part is made from rubber which prevents the speaker from slipping. There is also an LCD screen in front of the speaker that displays tracks. The speaker has 2.5-inch drivers, one of the drivers faces in the right direction and the other faces to the left.
The speaker has a touch-sensitive panel for fas and easy control. On the top flat panel are the control buttons for the volume, play/pause, on/off, Bluetooth pair on/off, and action buttons for Alexa. There is also a Bose music app to control the speaker and to stream music. The Bose home speaker 500 is equipped with 8m mics that ensure that Alexa can listen to commands even at a distance. The Bose Music app can also stream music from services like Deezer, Spotify, Amazon, SiriusXM, Pandora, and many more through a WIFI connection.
Bose home Speaker 500 sound quality
The Bose home speaker 500 offers room-filling wide stereo sounds and punchy bass for its size. The home speaker 500 has two drivers that point to the left and to the right, this helps deliver sound in all directions. The Bose home speaker 500 has a wide soundstage.
Features of Bose Home speaker 500
- The speaker has built-in assistants such as Amazon Alexa and googles assistant.
- Connect it to other Bose speakers in order to get multiroom listening. The speaker also uses Bose SimpleSync technology.
- This speaker also uses QuietPort technology, this ensures a greater bass.
- Plays sound from services such as Spotify, Deezer, and many other music services.
- Connects to WiFi, Airplay 2, and Bluetooth for wireless music streaming.
- Delivers a great sound performance
- It has rich bass and the highs are clear
- Supports Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity
- Built-in Amazon Alexa
Is Bose home speaker 500 worth it?
The Bose home speaker 500 is worth it, this is because it is a good speaker that offers a room-filling sound, rich and deep bass. It has Alexa built-in to ensure that is also used to control the device hands free. The performance is very good but the price is a little too high.
Read Also: Bose QuietComfort 35 II Headphone Review
Bose Home speaker 500 vs Bose Soundtouch 30 – Difference
The Bose home speaker 500 vs Bose soundtouch 30 are similar. The sizes are almost the same but the shapes are different. The difference when it comes to the shape is that the soundtouch 30 is wider than the Bose smart home speaker. The Bose home speaker 500 is oval like in shape whereas the Bose soundtouch 30 has a rectangular shape.
Both the Bose soundtouch 30 and the Bose home speaker 500 can be connected to other Bose speakers to create multiroom audio. The SoundTouch works with other SoundTouch speakers, while Bose home 500 works with other Bose smart products.
The Bose home speaker 500 uses an Alexa voice assistant to control the speaker, it also uses microphone arrays that pick up voice commands even from a distance.
The Bose soundtouch speaker can be controlled using the Bose soundtouch controller app that works for apple devices and android devices. With this, the speaker can be adjusted in all other rooms, it also allows playing music from services like Amazon Music, Deezer, Pandora, iHeart Radio, iTunes, and many more.
The Bose home speaker supports AirPlay 2, but Bose soundtouch 30 does not support airplay 2.
The soundtouch 30 is compatible with Alexa, it can be controlled using other Amazon Alexa devices, but the Bose home speaker 500 has Alexa built-in.
- Bose Soundtouch 30 review
- Bose soundtouch 30 design
- Bose SoundTouch 30 Features
- SoundTouch Sound quality
- Is Bose Soundtouch 30 worth it?
- Bose Home speaker 500 review
- Bose Home speaker 500 design
- Bose home Speaker 500 sound quality
- Features of Bose Home speaker 500
- Is Bose home speaker 500 worth it?
- Bose Home speaker 500 vs Bose Soundtouch 30 – Difference