Bose and Apple one of the top brand when it comes to technology and their speakers is not left out. The Bose home speaker 500 vs Apple Homepod are two great speakers with amazing sounds and features. These speakers offer great sound quality and a lot of amazing features including voice assistants support. These two speakers are different and in to know which is better, we look at each speaker individually. This article will compare the two speakers, Bose home speaker 500 vs Apple HomePod. You may also want to check out these reviews Best Bose Soundbar Reviews, What Is Better Bose or Sonos Soundbar, Bose Surround Sound Speakers Review, and JBL Bluetooth Speaker Vs Bose Bluetooth Speaker.
Apple HomePod review
Apple Homepod offers great sounds, it brings out the real sound of any kind of music genre. It is also easy to set up and you don’t need to be a technician to operate the speaker. The Apple HomePod is compatible with Siri, it can easily pick up voice commands from across the room, this is because the Siri microphones have a long-range. The Apple HomePod Siri can recognize and store up to 6 different voices in a family. The speaker also allows you to pair it up with other speakers in order to get multiroom audio and it works with airplay 2.
With the Apple HomePod, you will get the apple music streaming service, but you can not use any other music services such as Spotify. To play another third-party audio, the speaker requires you to send that audio to the Apple speaker using an app.
Apple HomePod design
The speaker has a sleek design, it is made of fabric mesh, it weighs 5.5 pounds, and the dimensions are 6.5 (height) x 5.6 (width) mm. The speaker uses a power card for connection, it doesn’t include any batteries. The speaker also has a touch display that is located on the top of the speaker, the volume is controlled by tapping the volume signs on the speaker.
To get Siri’s attention, you touch and hold the touchpad in the center, A LED indicator glows to notify you when Siri is listening. You can also use the touchpad to play or pause music, skip songs as well as replay songs. To play or pause the music you just tap the display, and to skip a song, you double-tap the display or touchpad.
Read Also: Bose QuietComfort 35 II Headphone Review
The Apple Homepod speaker also has a lot of LED lights to differentiate between the status of the speaker. For example, a green LED is shown when you are on a phone call, a white LED notifies you that the speaker is ready for an initial setup process. With Siri, you can make calls using Siri or answer calls by simply commanding Siri. In order to turn off Siri, you use the app because the speaker does not have any button that does that.
The Apple Home Pod boasts 7 tweeters, these tweeters all have a transducer and an amplifier. The teeters are placed at the bottom of the speaker, and among the speakers is a woofer, apple microphones, and an Apple A8 chip. The microphone ensures that Siri can actually hear you from a distance when you are playing music. The woofer handles the bass and the tweeters provide good sound in all directions.
Apple HomePod sound quality
The sound quality offered by this Home pod speaker is excellent with deep bass and sound does not distort even at high sounds. The speaker also adjusts the sound based on where it is placed in the room.
The configuration process does not take long, it only takes about a minute or less to setup the speaker. To set it up, you need to have n iOS device.
- It produces great bass
- Excellent quality sound
- The setup process is easy
- Only works with iOS devices
- Does not work with google voice assistant and Amazon Alexa. It is only compatible with Siri
Other features of Apple Homepod
- The new Apple Home Pod can also be used to ask Siri to give you stats on the weather update and the directions.
- The new Apple Home Pod also supports a lot of music services such as Apple Music, iTunes Match, iTunes, and Apple podcast.
- You can also use the new Apple Home Pod to send a lot of messages to your contacts because of the Siri integration. Siri can also read your messages for you.
- The new Apple Home Pod allows you to pair it up with another speaker so that it can give you the stereo performance.
Can you play Spotify on Apple Homepod?
To play Spotify on Apple HomePod, you need to play over airplay to the HomePod. To do this, go to the system preferences, then select a track and choose to play audio output via Apple HomePod. That way you can easily play Spotify via the HomePod but you can ask Siri to play Spotify.
You can launch the Spotify app on your phone, then play a music track, go to “Now Playing” on your Spotify screen, select the “Devices Available”, on the list of available devices, select HomePod. Check out Best Portable Speakers For iPhone.
Can Apple Homepod play radio stations?
Following a software update in 2019, the Apple Homepod can play live radio stations just by asking Siri to play your favorite radio station. The radio stations are provided by TuneIn radio and including playing different podcasts.
Does Apple HomePod work with Sonos?
The Apple HomePod works with Sonos following the latest Apple wireless protocol that’s now live on Sonos speakers. You can stream music direct from iOS devices to the speaker and also group Sonos speakers and Apple HomePod.
Read Also: Bose Surround Sound Speakers Review
Does Apple HomePod have Bluetooth?
The Apple HomePod has Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity, but can only play music from iOS devices with Bluetooth connection.
Bose Home speaker 500 review
The Bose home speaker 500 uses WIFI and Bluetooth to deliver the sound, it also uses voice assistants such as Amazon Alexa. The sound of Bose home 500 can fill up the room with clear highs and rich full bass.
Bose Home Speaker 500 with Alexa Voice Control Built-in, Black
7 used from $289.95
- Sound performance: Fill any room with impressive wall-to-wall stereo sound from a single speaker
- Built-in Alexa: Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant are built into this smart speaker for hands-free voice control. And a noise-rejecting mic system listens in every direction for your voice
- Connectivity: Pair your device to this home speaker to stream your favorite music and more via a Bluetooth connection, your home Wi-Fi network, Apple AirPlay 2, or Spotify Connect
- Control: Easily control your home speaker with 3 different ways to manage what you hear: your voice, the Bose Music app, or 6 1-touch presets on top of the speaker
- Make or take calls: With Alexa only, make or take calls from this smart speaker to Bose smart products, Amazon Echo products, and anyone in your contacts list. Hands free, phone free, and free of charge
Bose home speaker design
The Bose home speaker 500 comes in two colors, silver, and grey, and the speaker has the dimensions 8.0 x 6.7 x 4.3 inches with an oval like shape. The top of the speaker is flat, and the bottom is made of rubber to ensure it stays in place and does not move around a lot when placed on the desk or counter.
It has a grille on the bottom half of the speaker, the top half of the speaker has an LCD. The speaker also has 2.5-inch drivers that point to the left and right directions. This is to ensure that the sound delivered is wide. The speaker also uses Quiet Port technology that ensures there is greater bass.
Read Also: What Is Better Bose or Sonos Soundbar?
The speaker has a touch-sensitive panel, this panel contains a lot of controls to allow you to control the speaker. The speaker has the play/pause button and a plus/minus button. The speaker also has an action button that is used to summon Alexa, you can also use your voice to summon Amazon Alexa. The speaker also has a button that you can use to switch off the microphone which is located below the action button. The speaker also has a 3.5mm aux port and a Bluetooth pairing button.
The speaker works with Amazon Alexa, and Bose is planned on adding many other voice assistants to the speaker. Bose has an app that can be used to setup Amazon Alexa. The speaker has 8m mics that ensure that Alexa can listen to your commands even at a distance. The Bose Music app can also stream music from many services like Deezer, Spotify, Amazon, SiriusXM, Pandora, and many more through a WIFI connection.
Bose Home speaker 500 sound quality
The sound from the Bose home speaker 500 is good and a high amount of bass. The lows offered and the highs are well balanced. The sound delivered is powerful. There is also DSP, this helps to prevent distortion but it thins out the bass at high volumes.
- Delivers a great sound performance
- It has rich bass and the highs are clear
- Supports Bluetooth and WIFI connectivity
- Amazon Alexa built-in
- It is expensive
- The bass thins because of the DSP when the volume is raised too high
Read Also: Best Bose Soundbar Reviews
Apple Homepod vs Bose home speaker 500
- When it comes to the design, the apple home pod has a round shape while the Bose home speaker has an oval like shape.
- When it comes to connectivity, the Apple Home Pod does not use Bluetooth connectivity or wifi. It uses a power cord for connection. The Bose home speaker 500 uses WIFI as well as Bluetooth connectivity.
- When it comes to smart technology support, the Bose Home 500 speaker works with Amazon Alexa, Bose plans on adding more voice assistants to the speaker. The Apple Home Pod only works with Siri’s voice assistant.
- Apple HomePod speaker also allows you to connect it to other speakers so that you can get multi-room audio. Bose also allows you to sync it with other speakers to produce sounds.
- Both Bose Home speaker 500 and Apple HomePod use mobile that allows you to play different kinds of music.
- The Bose home speaker 500 uses the Bose music app to play music while the Apple HomePod uses Apple stream service to play music.
- The Bose music app allows you to stream music from other third-party services such as Deezer, Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, and many other services whereas the Apple HomePod only lets you stream from the Apple music service.
- Both Bose Home speaker 500 and Apple HomePod are also very portable.
- With the Bose, you can stream music wirelessly using Bluetooth connectivity, it also has a lightweight that ensures it is easy to carry. On the other hand, Apple HomePod requires an AC outlet to connect it.
- The mobile app that Apple HomePod uses only works with iOS devices.
- The Bose home speaker 500 works with Android devices as well as iOS devices.
- The sound that the Apple HomePod offers is very good and the bass is rich, the sound does not distort even at high sounds. On the other hand, the Bose 500 offers a great sound with rich bass and the highs are also clear. Apple HomePod offers better sound than that of the Bose.
- The bass of the Bose home 500 thins out because of the DSP.
Read Also: Soundbot Wireless Speakers Review
To finalize between Bose home speaker 500 vs Apple HomePod. Bose home speaker 500 is a very good speaker, it is portable and has a good size. The sounds it offers are rich and crisp. The price is a little too expensive for this speaker. The Apple Home Pod is also a very good speaker but the sound quality is its greatest feature, it produces excellent sound quality. The speaker is only compatible with iOS devices.
- Apple HomePod review
- Apple HomePod design
- Apple HomePod sound quality
- Other features of Apple Homepod
- Can you play Spotify on Apple Homepod?
- Can Apple Homepod play radio stations?
- Does Apple HomePod work with Sonos?
- Does Apple HomePod have Bluetooth?
- Bose Home speaker 500 review
- Bose home speaker design
- Bose Home speaker 500 sound quality
- Apple Homepod vs Bose home speaker 500