We will look at some of the best top five gaming headsets plus some similarities to see which we think are the best. We will also do mic tests, break them down and compare the sounds to know how they sound. Also, check out my top Top 10 Best Open Back Headphones With Detachable Cables if you want to check those out.
What are the best studio gaming headphones?
Below are my Top Best Studio Headphones For Gaming:
|Studio Gaming HEadphone||Price|
|Best studio headphones for gaming under $100||Cooler Master MH630 Gaming Headset||$59.99|
|Best studio headphones under $200||HyperX Cloud II Wireless – Gaming Headset||$143.00|
|Best wireless studio headphones for gaming||Logitech G PRO X Wireless Lightspeed Gaming Headset||$199.99|
|Best open-back headphones for gaming||Drop + Sennheiser PC38X Gaming Headset||$172.87|
|Best Studio Headphones For Gaming||Razer BlackShark V2 Pro Wireless Gaming Headset||$149.99|
1. Cooler Master MH630 Gaming Headset
Cooler Master MH630 Gaming Headset with Hi-Fi Sound, Omnidirectional Boom Mic, and PC/Console/Mobile Connectivity
$52.79 in stock
9 used from $33.24
- Form-Fitting Cushioning - Removable swiveling ear cups and mesh fabric cushioning for breathability and comfort for the longest gaming sessions
- Universal Connectivity - Compatible with PC, XBox One PS4 Switch and Mobile devices via 3 5mm jack
- Powerful Sound Quality - 50mm Neodymium drivers for rich, full-spectrum sound
- Omni Directional Boom Microphone - Ideal for clear voice communication with reduced background noise
- Easy Portability - Detachable cable & mic with folding hinges for easy storage in a backpack or bag
The Cooler Master MH630 is my top budget studio headphone for gaming; with a low price tag, these MH630 have a lot of surprises. The design is straightforward, made of plastic stuff for the construction, super lightweight, and does not feel flimsy.
The headset has a purple accent ring around the ear cup. The headphone also has 50-millimeter neodymium drivers. The ear cups are nice and thick; it provides excellent padding and seals on the ear. Another attractive design is the detachable microphone and the cable if you don’t need them. There is also a built-in volume control plus and a mute mic button at the back of the left ear cup.
The earcups can rotate 90 degrees giving you an excellent fit on your head. The cushioned ear pads are thick with plastic construction and lightweight.
The microphone quality is excellent and produces a neutral sound signature. The bass is tight, pleasant, and punchy, with good audio and spatial awareness.
2. HyperX Cloud II Wireless – Gaming Headset
HyperX Cloud II Wireless - Gaming Headset for PC, PS4, Nintendo Switch, Long Lasting Battery Up to 30 Hours, 7.1 Surround Sound, Memory Foam, Detachable Noise Cancelling Microphone with Mic Monitoring
$119.99 in stock
27 used from $59.33
- Headphones fit type:Over-Ear
- [Gaming-grade wireless with long battery life]: Cut the cord and roam free with low-latency 2.4GHz Wireless connection, a range of up to 20 meters and a battery life of up to 30 hours..[Signature HyperX comfort]: Premium memory foam and soft, pliable leatherette deliver legendary comfort. It’s also lightweight at 300g, making it more comfortable to use during long gaming sessions.
- [HyperX 7.1 surround sound]: Toggle the virtual 7.1 surround sound on to take better advantage of important positional audio cues.
- [53mm drivers deliver immersive audio]: Get immersed in your games and audio entertainment with the high-quality sound provided by the large, 53mm drivers.
- [Durable aluminum frame]: Tough enough to withstand the perils of daily gaming and adjustable to comfortably fit around a variety of head sizes.
The HyperX Cloud 2 is one of the best-selling headsets of all time; then, with the introduction of the HyperX Cloud 2 wireless version, most geeks say it is superb.
When it comes to the design, the headphone is convenient, just as the cloud series. The HyperX Cloud 2 wireless is all black with red accents on the ear cup. The yoke-stitching headband is adorable. They also feature specially tuned 53-millimeter drivers, making the sound super clear. The headphone has good sound drivers; it has a bit bass port which prevents it from getting too muddy but still solid punchy.
The earpads and memory foam are premium leatherette from HyperX. The power and mic mute buttons are at the back left earcup, and the USB C port for charging and volume dial is on the right earcup. It does have a removable mic, even though it is wireless. The soundstage is so expansive with the 53-millimeter drivers.
The battery life can last up to 30 hours of playtime on a full charge; it is super flexible but durable and made with an all-aluminum frame.
3. Logitech G PRO X Wireless Lightspeed Gaming Headset
Logitech G PRO X Wireless Lightspeed Gaming Headset with Blue VO!CE Mic Filter Tech, 50 mm PRO-G Drivers, and DTS Headphone:X 2.0 Surround Sound
$194.99 in stock
1 used from $159.99
- Based on the award-winning PRO Gaming Headset design, the PRO X Wireless headset features high-quality materials, advanced communications, precision audio and total wireless freedom.
- High performance PRO X gaming headset with Lightspeed wireless technology, up to 20-plus hours of battery life and up to 15 m of 2.4 GHz wireless range.
- Next generation DTS Headphone: X 2.0 7.1 surround sound channel with object-based surround sound for greater positional and distance awareness of objects in-game.
- Advanced PRO-G 50 millimeter drivers deliver clear and precise sound imaging with improved bass response. Hear footsteps and environmental cues with clarity to give you the competitive advantage in game.
- Soft memory foam earpads with your choice of premium passive noise-canceling leatherette or soft, breathable velour for supreme comfort.
The Logitech G Pro X light speed is a wireless version from the previous design. The headset comes with a natural ear cup cushion that has a good seal. The battery life is at 20 hours of playtime on a full charge, and using the software; you can keep track of it. There is also a blue voice functionality. It uses a type C for charging and has massive volume up. Another essential feature is the sound quality which has a lot of customization through the eq in the G hub.
4. Drop + Sennheiser PC38X Gaming Headset
Drop + Sennheiser PC38X Gaming Headset — Noise-Cancelling Microphone with Over-Ear Open-Back Design, Velour Earpads, Compatible with PC, PS4, PS5, Switch, Xbox, Mac, Mobile, and More
18 used from $112.33
- Frequency response: 10Hz - 30000Hz
- The next evolution in gaming headsets: An upgraded version of the crowd-favorite PC37X, our latest collaboration with Sennheiser is more comfortable, more detailed, and more stunning than the original. Featuring new drivers—the PC38X delivers higher fidelity and better frequency response
- Locational accuracy: a competitive edge: To put it simply, the PC38X helps you hear enemies and sense your surroundings more clearly. Thanks to the angled drivers and open-back design, it offers better stereo imaging and locational accuracy
- Venerable drivers: The drivers come from the same family as the Sennheiser GSP 500 and 600—two of the highest-quality gaming headsets on the market. They offer better low-end extension than the original PC37X, so your games and music feel more lifelike than ever before
- Clear ambiance-free communication The noise-cancelling microphone is designed for high-volume low-distance recording and is optimized to handle unpleasant pops and hisses—great for gaming Skype calls and video chatting
Drop + Sennheiser PC38X is my other best studio headphones for gaming; it is a solid combo from the older Sennheiser frame and the drivers and a new GSP 500. The PC38X is an open-back gaming headset that also allows you to hear some external sound. It also has clarity and sound stage with solid bass.
This combination is not familiar with open-back headphones, but it exceeds our expectations. The sound is not muddy or overblown; this upgrade has a lowered impedance to 28 ohms, it does not require an amp. It can easily be plugin into your console controller or your Nintendo switch and will handle it effortlessly.
The headphone comes with two different cables, connected anywhere without needing a splitter or an adapter. It will take the headphone about two weeks to fully break-in. It has a minimal clamping force with loads of padding and oval ear pads. The set of allure pads are easy to swap, so you can try and see which sounds better.
The mic is permanently attached and works with a swivel; it sounds better than most gaming headsets. The mute button is up while the live button is down, and the volume is a wheel on the right side.
5. Razer BlackShark V2 Pro Wireless Gaming Headset
Razer BlackShark V2 Pro Wireless Gaming Headset: THX 7.1 Spatial Surround Sound - 50mm Drivers - Detachable Mic - for PC, PS5, PS4, Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S - Black
$119.99 in stock
34 used from $80.34
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE 12 Hz – 28 kHz.Headphones fit type:Over-Ear
- The Best-Selling Gaming Peripherals Brand: Source - The NPD Group, Inc. U.S. Retail Tracking Service: Gaming Keyboards, Gaming Mice, Gaming Headsets, Gaming Peripherals; Based on dollar sales, Jan-Sept. 2021 combined
- THX 7.1 Surround Sound Capable: Provides industry-leading audio realism for in-game immersion by providing accurate spatial audio information beyond standard 7.1 surround sound directional cues
- 2 Modes of Connection: Enjoy lossless audio for low-latency wireless gaming with Razer HyperSpeed Wireless, or choose to game in wired mode with its removable 3.5mm jack
- All-Day Comfort: Soft breathable memory foam ear cushions that prevent overheating and pressure build-up
The Razer Blackshark V2 Pro is the wireless version of the V2, now the V2 Pro. The Razer Blackshark V2 Pro audio is a top-quality sound that can be adjusted using the software.
The Razer 7.1 surround sound is impressive, coming out from the triforce titanium 50-millimeter drivers. The driver construction in the headset is in 3 different parts; that’s why it is called triforce with individual tunes, highs, mids, and lows.
The V2 Pro bass is extreme, which can be bumped up through the software and does not get overblown when it’s increased; instead, the sound is well controlled. In addition, the hyper-speed technology causes zero frequency distortion and without the background noise.
The battery life can last 24 hours on a single charge. In addition, the headset is designed for comfort, just like the V2, one of the most comfortable gaming headsets.
It also has a small volume wheel on the ear cup for volume control. There are also built-in controls at the back of the ear cup, and on the left side, you can mute the microphone.
The mic on MH630 is mind-blowing, which is super clear. The PC38X microphone is probably one of the best on any gaming headset; it sounds natural.
The Blackshark mic and V2 Pro mic sound okay; you can easily hear the explosions and gunshots in a game, not too distracting and overpowering.
Are studio headphones good for gaming?
Not all studio headphones are suitable for gaming; Studio headphones have flat frequency response, they are more suitable for recording and audio mixing.
Difference between gaming headphones and studio headphones
The difference between gaming headphones and studio headphones is that gaming headphones are optimized for gaming and have boosted bass, virtual surround sound, and tweaked treble. As a result, gaming headphones are better for the immersive gaming experience.
- What are the best studio gaming headphones?
- 1. Cooler Master MH630 Gaming Headset
- 2. HyperX Cloud II Wireless – Gaming Headset
- 3. Logitech G PRO X Wireless Lightspeed Gaming Headset
- 4. Drop + Sennheiser PC38X Gaming Headset
- 5. Razer BlackShark V2 Pro Wireless Gaming Headset
- Are studio headphones good for gaming?
- Difference between gaming headphones and studio headphones