It is no longer news that programming is fast becoming the highest sort after jobs in the US and all over the globe. The world has also seen an explosion in the number of new programmers. This is why having the right equipment to work with as a programmer is a no brainer, and that is why I decided to handpick the top trending best programming mouse. This is to make it easier for programmers out there to choose the right programming mouse that is best for them. If you are a gamer, you may also like this new article Best Gaming Mouse Utechsmart Venus Review.
The top-rated best programming mouse is Logitech MX Master 3 advanced wireless mouse. This is because it has an ultra-fast magspeed scrolling wheel with precision and quietness. The shape is designed for comfort with the thumb resting, and with different customizable options. It uses a flow cross computer control to interchange between 3 screens easily, and the sensor also works on any surface using the dark field 4000 DPI.
Every programmer needs a good mouse for programming which will enable them to work really fast and efficiently without having to worry about muscle cramps and strain. The types of mouse used by a programmer may affect the output of the programmer’s code. Therefore, it is very important that programmers use a very good mouse for programming like the Logitech MX Master 3 advanced wireless mouse.
What is a good programming mouse?
The best mouse for programmers is one that is portable, which is easy to move without strain. A programmer’s mouse should be fast. If you are a programmer, you will know the essence of having a fast mouse for programming. A mouse with an ergonomically designed, this is what I call the human engineering that goes into the design, this has to do with safety and does not cause any health issues such as muscle or wrist strain.
As a writer, I know the importance of having the right keyboard and mouse to work with, not just fast and efficiently, but it’s customization, comfort, and functionality. So, by using the best programming mouse, the programmer does not need to worry about the speed, the portability, and dealing with muscle cramps even after coding for a long period of time.
Read Also: What Are The Best Gaming Speakers For Pc?
Below is the complete list of all the best mouse for programmers including mouse pads and the prices:
The following are the best programming mouse
If you are interested in having a wireless mouse, then worry not, I have put together all the best Bluetooth mouse for programming that are instantly available at the click of a button.
- Anker vertical wireless ergonomic optical mouse
- Swiftpoint GT wireless
- Evoluent Vertical mouse
- Razer DeathAdder Chroma
- Pictek wireless optical mouse
- The Logitech wireless mouse
- VicTsing wireless optical mouse
- Logitech trackman marble mouse
Read Also: V-Moda Boompro Vs Antlion Modmic Microphones
1. Anker vertical wireless ergonomic optical mouse
Best Anker mouse for programming
The Anker vertical wireless ergonomic optical mouse is a good programming mouse for programmers. This mouse can be bought at a really affordable price. The mouse is also ergonomically designed, what this means is that it helps to increase the programmer’s productivity. It does this by providing a coder with comfort even when coding for many hours by reducing problems such as fatigue, muscle strain, and cramping.
This coding mouse has a sensitivity that can be adjusted from 800 to 16,000 DPI. With this sensitivity, the mouse can easily track any movements that the programmer makes. The mouse also has a long-lasting battery, its power-saving mode helps to ensure that energy is saved. The mouse is equipped with 6 functional buttons. The mouse is compatible with Windows, Linux, and Mac OS.
Anker 2.4G Wireless Vertical Ergonomic Optical Mouse, 800 / 1200 /1600 DPI, 5 Buttons for Laptop, Desktop, PC, Macbook - Black
- Scientific ergonomic design encourages healthy neutral "handshake" wrist and arm positions for smoother movement and less overall strain.
- 800 / 1200 / 1600 DPI Resolution Optical Tracking Technology provides more sensitivity than standard optical mice for smooth and precise tracking on a wide range of surfaces.
- Added next/previous buttons provide convenience when webpage browsing; the superior choice for internet surfers, gamers and people who work at length at the computer.
- Enters power saving mode (power is cut off completely) after 8 minutes idle, press right or left button for it to wake. Product dimensions: 120*62.8*74.8 mm; product weight: 3.4 oz.
- Package includes: 1 Anker Wireless Vertical Ergonomic Optical Mouse (2 AAA batteries not included), 1 2.4G USB receiver (in the bottom of the mouse), 1 instruction manual. 18-month hassle-free warranty.
Pros and cons
- It is very comfortable to use.
- It is a wireless coding mouse.
- It is portable.
- Works with multiple operating systems.
- It has an automatic power-saving mode.
- Some of the buttons can be solid.
2. Swiftpoint GT Wireless mouse
Best Swiftpoint GT coding mouse
This Swiftpoint GT coding mouse is one of the ideal mice for programmers who like to use a laptop when coding. The mouse is not very heavy and it is lightweight. The Swiftpoint GT wireless mouse is compatible with many operating systems including Windows and iOS.
You can use a USB or Bluetooth connectivity to connect the mouse. The mouse has a rechargeable battery which is a long battery and can last for hours without needing to recharge. Its smaller size makes it very easy for a programmer to use it with the laptop.
Swiftpoint GT Wireless Ergonomic Remote Desktop Travel Mouse with Bluetooth, Quick Recharge, 1250 DPI
- HEALTH BENEFITS - The GT's Ergonomic design could cure your pain or discomfort from using a conventional ‘claw grip’ mouse. If you’re searching for an ergonomic solution the Swiftpoint GT’s unique pen-like grip has users telling the world their GT experience is life-changing.
- ULTIMATE TRAVEL MOUSE. 'The best mobile mouse available. Period.' Entrepreneur Magazine. Its size, compact, lightweight (24gms - 25% of the weight of a conventional mouse) & battery features (1 hr use from a 30 sec rapid charge) all combine to make the Swiftpoint GT the perfect travel mouse – whether on the plane, train or in your hotel room.
- BREATHE LIFE INTO YOUR TABLET. The Swiftpoint GT functions across all operating platforms, even on iOS devices. Through leading remote access developer partnerships, the GT is integrated with the iOS (and Windows) versions of VMware Horizon Client, Amazon WorkSpaces, TeamViewer, Jump Desktop, Splashtop Business and Personal, NetConnect, Parallels Client, Sunlogin, Nulana Remotix and Mochasoft, with more coming.
- NO MORE INEFFICIENT TRACKPADS. Put an end to the frustration of working with an unresponsive and inefficient trackpad, and your work with Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint becomes easier, faster and so much more precise - a solution that you’ve surely been waiting for
- TOGETHER AT LAST, SWIPE, POINT AND SCROLL. Just flick to get where you want to go – no need to reach for your touchscreen. Keep your fingers on your GT and, even without a touchscreen, the GT’s unique touch gesture technology allows you to scroll and zoom with ease.
Pros and cons.
- Works with multiple operating systems OS.
- It has long battery life.
- It is pricey
3. Evoluent Vertical mouse
Best Evoluent coding mouse.
This is also an ergonomically designed mouse that is very good for programmers. For programmers that stay long hours coding, this mouse is designed to offer them comfort when using it.
This mouse is mainly designed to reduce and prevent strain therefore allowing programmers to even stay longer hours coding without suffering any injuries and fatigue. This is also one of the best mouse for computer programming. The mouse uses an optical sensor that can easily be adjusted to your preference. The mouse also allows you to customize its buttons however you like using mouse manager.
Evoluent VMDMW VerticalMouse D Medium Right Hand Ergonomic Mouse with Wireless Connection. The Original VerticalMouse Brand Since 2002
2 used from $99.99
- PREVENTS WRIST DISCOMFORT - Evoluent's ergonomic VMDMW gently supports your right hand in an upright neutral position. The patented shape prevents you from twisting your forearm like what you usually do with an ordinary mouse. ALSO AVAILABLE in Small (VMDSW) and Large (VMDLW). The Size Chart for hand size has been updated as of 1/8/21
- PROGRAM YOUR MOUSE TO YOUR NEEDS - Install the Evoluent Mouse Manager onto your computer to configure the VerticalMouse's buttons. Not only can you change their function but you can also set how the buttons work within different programs. CONNECTIONS: Wireless USB Receiver
- GROOVED BUTTONS - Your fingertips rest in a shallow groove on the buttons. This patented innovation secures the mouse in your hands and makes moving it much more precise.
- ADJUST MOUSE-SPEED FROM LOW TO HIGH - You can adjust the pointer speed from low to high with the optical sensor controls on the side of the mouse. There is no need to release the grip for speed adjustment.
- HARDWARE COMPATIBILITY: VerticalMouse is plug-n-play compatible with all operating systems that support USB. Basic button and wheel functions work without additional drivers. SOFTWARE COMPATIBILITY: VerticalMouse comes with Mouse Manager software for customizing the buttons. Mouse Manager is compatible with: Windows 7 and 10 Mac OS 10.5 to 10.14 (update for 10.15 is under development. Third party software may be used in place of Mouse Manager for OS 10.15.)
Pros and cons.
- It has an ergonomic design and offers comfort.
- Adjustable sensitivity.
- It has a mouse manager.
- It is pricey.
4. Razer DeathAdder Chroma
Best Razer DeathAdder programming mouse.
Aside from being regarded as the best gaming mouse of all time, this mouse is also the ideal mouse for programmers. The mouse has many features that are very useful in increasing the programmer’s productivity. Not many programmers may be able or would want to use this, but coders like Anthony said “I like the light changing features and movability, makes we want to work more”.
The mouse has 5 buttons which are very easy to use, it uses an optical sensor, and it has a sensitivity of 10000 CPI which can be adjusted. It also uses chroma lighting which has up to 16 million colors and allows you to customize them however you like. The mouse is compatible with Windows and macOS operating systems.
Razer DeathAdder Chroma - Multi-Color Ergonomic Gaming Mouse - 10,000 DPI Sensor - Comfortable Grip - World's Most Popular Gaming Mouse
$55.00 in stock
13 used from $18.99
- Perfectly designed to fit snugly under your palm, the ergonomic shape of the Razer DeathAdder Chroma gives gamers the most comfortable gaming experience ever, especially during the most testing of battles
- The Razer DeathAdder Chroma is equipped with a 10,000dpi optical sensor. It is capable of mouse movement speeds of up to 200 inches per second and 50g accelerationS
- Whether your playing at fast or low speeds, the Deathadder Chroma will always respond onscreen with exacting accuracy and the organic fluidity only possible with an optical sensor
- The Razer DeathAdder Chroma's sensor is also capable of tracking Z-axis to as low as 1mm on most surfaces including glass table tops. This is perfect for low-sense gamers who want to set tracking to cut-off as soon as they lift their mice
- Chroma lighting with 16.8 million customizable color options Whether you're in the mood for electric blue, pastel pink, or signature Razer green, you can now illuminate your Razer DeathAdder Chroma's scroll wheel and Razer logo just the way you want
Pros and Cons.
- Compatible with multiple operating systems.
- Reduces wrist strain, fatigue, and muscle cramping.
- It is pricey
5. Pictek wireless optical mouse
Best Pictek wireless programming mouse.
Another great mouse for programming is the Pictek wireless optical mouse. This mouse uses wireless connectivity and it has a Pictek optical sensor that is adjustable.
The mouse is ergonomically designed, the design is very useful to programmers in so many ways, like helping to reduce having a strained muscle. Not all mouse can perform desire programming task, and some can cause muscle strain, but this mouse is designed to do just the opposite. This design feature makes it one of the top programmers’ mice of choice because it can be used for long hours without hassle.
Its contoured shape also provides the programmers with additional comfortability and a stable hold, the mouse has an adjustable sensitivity range from 800 to 2400 CPI. It has frequency rates of 125Hz and 250Hz. The mouse works with many operating systems such as Windows, Mac as well as Linux operating systems.
PICTEK Rechargeable Wireless Gaming Mouse, RGB Gaming Mouse, [10000DPI] [PMW3325] [1000HZ Polling Rate], Ergonomic Mouse, 8 Programmable Buttons, Fire Button, Type C Wired Mouse for Windows PC Gamer
$27.99 in stock
3 used from $23.75
- ✱Customized RGB Backlit for Immersive Games✱- For RGB lighting lovers, there are 3 lighting zones- the logo/rear/scroll wheel. You can switch different lighting modes as colorful streaming neon/ single-color steady by shortly pressing light-switch button. Freely customize lighting effects as brightness speed and RGB value to match your various games.
- ✱Wireless & Wired & Type-C Rechargeable Mouse✱- PICTEK gaming mouse can work as wired mouse or wireless mouse. Built-in 900mAh rechargeable battery is capable of up to 36h（lights ON）-48 hours（lights OFF） of continuous usage. You can charge wireless mouse while playing with included 5.2 feet type-C charging cable. No more worry about running out of battery during gaming.
- ✱Professional & Accurate Gaming Mouse✱-PICTEK programmable gaming mice, is designed with 5 adjustable DPI levels 1200/2400/3500/5000/7000/10000 DPI to meet all your requirements. 20G acceleration and high-precision Pixart PMW3325 Sensor provides you a greater edge over your competition. 1000HZ polling rate enables the game delay as low as 1ms making it best choice of wireless mouse.to 10000 DPI 5 adjustable DPI levels 1200/2400/3500/5000/7000/10000 DPI to meet all your requirements 20G acceleration and high-precision Pixart PMW3325 Sensor giving you a grater edge over your competition 1000HZ polling rate enables the game delay as low as 1ms making it your best choice for wireless mouse
- ✱ALL Programmable & Fire Button✱- PICTEK PC mouse can customize 8 buttons/ Polling rate / Lighting modes/ DPI adjustment via the programming software with included CD. The rapid fire button provides you the edge during intensive FPS battles Great value FPS gaming mouse also excellent for MOBA/ RTS/ MMO games (Driver Disk included)
- ✱Ergonomic Design ✱- Mimicking the natural hand position of right hand when gaming PICTEK ergonomic mouse with thumb rest fits your right hand comfortably. Smooth rubberized scroll wheel and sweat-resistant matte finish offer you effortless and secure grip. This mouse is perfectly compatible with Windows 7/8/10/XP/Vista/Mac OS (Note Side buttons and programming software are not available in Mac OS systems)
Pros and cons.
- Works well with multiple operating systems
- It has an ergonomic design which provides comfort to the programmers
- Lack some buttons e.g on and off.
6. The Logitech MX Master 3 advanced wireless mouse
Best Logitech mouse for programming.
Logitech is the go to for gaming speakers, gaming headphone, and mostly gaming mouse. It is not only a good brand for gaming gadgets, it is also one of the best programming mouse producers. coderseye.com rated it as the best Logitech mouse for programming in 2018. The mouse has a right-hand shape that is very comfortable and it supports fast scrolling which easily lets you scroll through the source code and many pages. The mouse has 5 buttons in total in which 4 buttons are customizable.
It has an ultra-fast magspeed scrolling wheel with precision and quietness. The shape is designed for comfort with the thumb resting, and with different customizable options. It uses a flow cross computer control to interchange between 3 screens easily, and the sensor also works on any surface using the dark field 4000 DPI.
If you are looking for the best mouse for Linux programming, or the best mouse for programming on Mac, then try the Logitech MX Master 3 advanced wireless mouse. The mouse is also compatible with Windows and iOS operating systems. Another good feature that this mouse has is that it can easily track movements on almost any type of surface, even on glass. It can be charged using a MicroUSB.
Logitech MX Master 3 Advanced Wireless Mouse - Graphite
- Ultra-fast magspeed scrolling - Remarkable speed, precision & quietness of electromagnetic scrolling with all new magspeed wheel - up to 90% faster, 87% more precise & ultra-quiet
- Comfort shape and intuitive controls - Work comfortably with perfectly sculpted shape and ideally placed thumb wheel and controls
- App-specific customizations - Speed up your workflow with predefined app-specific profiles and numerous customization options. Advanced 2.4 GHz wireless technology
- Flow cross-computer control - Work seamlessly on three computers. Seamlessly transfer cursor, text, and files - between windows & macOS, desktop & laptop
- Works on any surface even on glass with dark field 4000 DPI sensor. It is faster and 5x more precise than the basic mouse - so you always hit the right Pixel
Pros and cons.
- Can track movements on almost any type of surface
- Compatible with windows and iOS
- It has an ergonomic design
- Not light in weight
Read Also: Top 10 Best Open Back Headphones Under 100
7. VicTsing wireless optical mouse
Best Victsing mouse for programming.
The VicTsing wireless optical mouse is another mouse that is really good for programming. Just like many other good programming mice, this mouse is also designed to give programmers a sense of comfort when programming. The mouse uses wireless connectivity and it has an optical sensor. This mouse also has a good battery that can last up to several months. The DPI settings of this mouse can also be adjusted according to your liking. The mouse has 4 buttons.
This mouse can be used by both right-handed users as well as left-handed users.
VicTsing Computer Wireless Mouse, 2.4G Portable USB Mouse Ergonomic Mouse- Fit Your Hand Nicely, 5 Adjustable DPI Levels, Page Down/Up Buttons, 20 Months Battery Life, Designed for PC, Desktop, Laptop
$9.98 in stock
- 【Ergonomic Design Fit Your Palm Better】The streamlined curved design makes the mouse more ergonomic, which greatly reduces wrist pressure. Its size about 4. 3*3*1. 9 inches. Symmetrical design for left/right hand use. Make your use easier and more comfortable!
- 【Easy to Use】5 DPI levels（2400/2000/1600/1200/800）meet most of the usage needs! Plug and Play, no need any driver. This usb mouse support 50ft wireless connections, you can avoid being bothered by the power cord! Convenient and efficient!
- 【Up to 20 Month Battery Life】This cordless mouse will switch off when your computer is turned off or the receiver is disconnected. When the mouse is inactive for 8 minutes, it will automatically enter sleep mode, and you can wake it up with any click. Reduce the trouble of frequent battery replacement!
- 【Strong Durability】The computer mouse has gone through 5,000,000 click tests, giving you super durability. Designed with six-button to help increase your work efficiency. Work better, play better!
- 【Wide Compatibility】 Compatible with most system including Windows, Mac and Linux. Fit for Notebook, PC, Laptop, Computer, Macbook and other devices. A portable wireless mouse suitable for multiple occasions, such as office, family, travel, business meetings, etc.
Pros and cons.
- Has a battery that lasts very long.
- Has an ergonomic design.
- Adjustable DPI settings.
- Low accuracy in some cases.
8. Logitech trackman marble mouse
Best right and left-hand mouse for coders.
The Logitech trackman marble mouse is a wired programming mouse that has an ambidextrous design. The design helps to offer support to programmers who use the mouse for long hours. Its contoured shape also adds additional comfort to the programmers, it also has a ball wheel.
The mouse also has programmable controls that allow you to configure them according to your preference. It has four buttons and a USB port. The mouse delivers great performance and reliability. The device is compatible with many operating systems such as Windows XP, windows vista, windows 7, windows 8, and Mac OS.
Logitech Trackman Marble Trackball Mouse – Wired USB Ergonomic Mouse for Computers, with 4 Programmable Buttons, Dark Gray
$21.30 in stock
4 used from $17.50
- TRACKBALL COMFORT - Sculpted ambidexterous shape supports your right or left hand and stays in one place—move the cursor without moving your arm
- CONVENIENT CONTROLS - Moving quickly between documents or browsing your favorite Web sites is a breeze with large, easy-to-reach Back/Forward buttons
- ZERO SETUP REQUIRED - Flexible wired connectivity means you just plug the cable into your USB or PS/2 port - it works right out of the box.
- PROGRAMMABLE CONTROLS - Configure the buttons to do exactly what you want like switching applications, opening browser windows or jump to full screen while watching videos
- BUILT BY LOGITECH - This mouse comes with the quality and design we’ve built into more than a billion mice, more than any other manufacturer. System Requirements: Windows Vista Windows 7 Windows 8 Windows 10|USB port|CD-ROM drive|Mac OS X 10.4 or later
Pros and cons.
- Delivers high performance.
- Compatible with different operating systems.
- It is cheap
- Suitable for both left-hand and right-hand use.
- May take time for some people to get used to it.
What to look for when buying the best programming mouse?
There are many features that you need to look at when choosing a programming mouse in order to find the best. Some of the things that you may look for are, if the mouse uses wired connectivity or wireless connectivity, the buttons of the mouse, and the sensitivity of the mouse in terms of DPI.
1. Wireless or wired connectivity.
A wired mouse is the one that uses a cord for connection, whereas the wireless mouse does not use any cord and may use a battery that is rechargeable. Most wireless mice are very portable and have batteries that can last long. With a wired mouse there is no problem with a dead battery. Therefore, before you buy a programming mouse you need to consider if you are looking for a wireless mouse or a wired mouse and the disadvantages of each of these types.
Read Also: Top 10 Best Open Back Headphones For Gaming
2. The sensitivity.
The sensitivity of a mouse is measured in terms of dots per inch. One of the things you should put into consideration is the number of dots per inches the mouse has, the more the DPI the higher the sensitivity of the mouse. Another important feature to look for is if the mouse has adjustable DPI settings or not.
3. Buttons on the mouse.
You need to know the buttons that are present on the mouse as these will help improve the speed of your coding. You also need to take into consideration the scroll wheel, because sometimes the code might be too long and while programming you will need to scroll up and down many times.
This is one of the main features that you need to look for when trying to find the right mouse for programming. Most programmers tend to spend long-time coding on the computer, therefore with the right mouse that provides comfortability, a programmer can code for long hours without suffering from injuries, strains, and cramps that can be caused by other kinds of mice. Therefore, it is important and productive to look for an ergonomically designed mouse that provides comfort to the programmer.
After due considerations, testing, and conversing with our in-house coders, I have come to the conclusion that the above-listed products are the top of the range best programming mouse in 2020 and beyond. With the combined features of movability, functionality, precision, ergonomic design, and comfortability, these coding mice are my best recommendations. I have also explained some few points to look out for when shopping for the best mouse, which would serve as a guide to buying a programming mouse.
Check this best mouse pad for programming.
AmazonBasics Gaming Computer Mouse Pad
AmazonBasics Gel Computer Mouse Pad with Wrist Support Rest
- Mouse pad with gel-filled wrist rest that conforms to your wrist
- Helps to reduce wrist stress and provides support and comfort
- High-quality cloth surface for smooth gliding; thick, rubberized base keeps pad in place
- Compact size—fits almost anywhere
- Measures 8 by 10 inches; backed by an Amazon Basics limited one-year warranty
SteelSeries QcK Gaming Surface – Large Cloth Mouse Pad
SteelSeries QcK Gaming Surface - Large Cloth - Best Selling Mouse Pad of All Time - Optimized For Gaming Sensors - Maximum Control
- The top choice of esports pros for nearly 20 years
- Exclusive QcK micro woven cloth optimized for low and high DPI tracking movements
- Non slip rubber base eliminates unwanted movement
- The perfect size for fast paced and low DPI players who require extra space for sweeping mouse movements
- 450 millimeter x 400 millimeter x 2 millimeter / 17.72 inch x 15.75 inch
- What is a good programming mouse?
- 1. Anker vertical wireless ergonomic optical mouse
- 2. Swiftpoint GT Wireless mouse
- 3. Evoluent Vertical mouse
- 4. Razer DeathAdder Chroma
- 5. Pictek wireless optical mouse
- 6. The Logitech MX Master 3 advanced wireless mouse
- 7. VicTsing wireless optical mouse
- 8. Logitech trackman marble mouse
- What to look for when buying the best programming mouse?
- AmazonBasics Gaming Computer Mouse Pad
- SteelSeries QcK Gaming Surface – Large Cloth Mouse Pad