Whenever you play games using a personal computer, it is very essential to have a good gaming mouse. Sometimes you may choose to use a keyboard but using a gaming mouse is a little more convenient than using a gaming keyboard. Playing games using one of the best gaming mouse gives comfortability when playing the games. A good gaming mouse also allows you to aim accurately at a great speed when playing games that require speed and accuracy when aiming.
What is the Best Gaming Mouse Pro Gamers use?
The Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless gaming mouse is the top choice that pro gamers use and the best gaming mouse and here is why: The mouse offers pro players an optical sensor with good sensitivity of up to 16,000 DPI, has top responsiveness and accuracy, 11 buttons, and wireless connectivity with up to 40-60 hours battery life, weighs just 114g, and very comfortable having soft padding.
Compare Corsair Harpoon vs Logitech G502 lightspeed for pro gamers, the Logitech G502 lightspeed uses lightspeed wireless connectivity and the battery life is 48-60 hours and weighs about 114g. Corsair Harpoon uses Bluetooth connectivity, top responsiveness, accuracy, and weighs 99g.
I will continue by providing more details for the Corsair Harpoon mouse and Logitech G502 mouse with important features and also comparing other similar gaming mice with built quality and features.
When looking for the best gaming mouse, you need to keep many things in mind, for example, the shape of the mouse, the connectivity, the sensors as well as the sensitivity. You may also have to go for a budget-friendly mouse if you have a limited budget. There are many gaming mice that provide a great gaming experience when playing games.
The top 12 best gaming mice (wired and wireless) include:
- Logitech G502 lightspeed
- Corsair Harpoon Wireless
- SteelSeries Rival 600
- SteelSeries Rival 3
- SteelSeries Rival 310
- Razer DeathAdder V2
- Corsair NightSword
- Razer Basilisk Ultimate
- Roccat Kain 200 AIMO
- PC Gaming Race Glorious Model O
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB
- Swiftpoint Z Gaming Mouse
1. Logitech G502 lightspeed
Logitech G502 lightspeed gaming mouse uses lightspeed wireless connectivity, it does not use Bluetooth hence latency is greatly reduced. It can be used by both professional gamers as well as non-professional gamers. The Logitech G502 gaming mouse has an amazing battery life which can last up to 48-60 hours and weighs about 114g. The mouse also boasts many backlight functions and has a sensor hence a speed of 16,000 DPI. The mouse also provides great flexibility and comfortability.
The G502 also allows you to customize the colors from the mouse however you want, you can also customize the performance of the mouse, for example, you can change the DPI settings of the mouse. This mouse is one of the best wireless gaming mice you can find, the downside of this mouse is that it is quite pricy.
Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse with HERO 25K Sensor, PowerPlay Compatible, Tunable Weights and Lightsync RGB - Black
$119.99 in stock
8 used from $86.95
- World’s No.1 Best Selling Wireless Gaming Gear Brand - Based on independent sales data (FEB ‘19 - FEB’20) of Wireless Gaming Keyboard, Mice, & PC Headset in units from: US, CA, CN, JP, KR, TW, TH, IN, DE, FR, RU, UK, SE, TR
- PowerPlay wireless charging: Never worry about your battery life again. Add the power play wireless charging system to keep your G502 Lightspeed Wireless Mouse and other compatible G mice charged while at rest and at play. Powerplay wireless charging system sold separately
- Light speed wireless gaming mouse: Exclusive Logitech G ultra-fast wireless technology used by Pro gamers in competitions worldwide
- Hero 25K sensor through a software update from G HUB, this upgrade is free to all players: Our most advanced, with 1:1 tracking, 400+ ips, and 100 - 25,600 max dpi sensitivity plus zero smoothing, filtering, or acceleration
- 11 customizable buttons and hyper fast scroll wheel: Assign custom macro and shortcut commands to the buttons for each game with Logitech G hub software. Use hyper fast scrolling to rapidly review menus, long web pages and more
Is Logitech G502 good for FPS?
Logitech G502 is a good mouse for FPS and here is why. The G502 offer the next generation precision and features a strong tracking accuracy using optical sensors. It is easily customizable from 16,000 to 100 DPI, repositioning weights, and an easy to configure RGB lighting.
2. Corsair Harpoon Wireless
Corsair Harpoon wireless mouse has an optical sensor and a good sensitivity that is at 10,000 DPI that ensures responsiveness and accuracy when using the mouse. The mouse has 6 buttons functionality and it has wireless connectivity with a frequency of 2.5GHz. The Corsair Harpoon wireless gaming mouse uses Bluetooth connectivity and has a battery life that can last 30-60 hours.
The mouse is very lightweight at 99g which makes it one of your go-to gaming mice if you are looking for a comfortable wireless mouse with soft padding. This mouse has an ergonomic design that provides comfortability because of the padding on its sides that allows for good grip on the mouse. The mouse is also very portable and good for travelling because it allows pairing with other devices using Bluetooth.
Corsair Harpoon RGB Wireless - Wireless Rechargeable Gaming Mouse with SLIPSTREAM Technology - 10,000 DPI Optical Sensor
$39.99 in stock
12 used from $27.93
- Game in the Fast Lane: Play with hyper fast, sub 1ms Slipstream Corsair Wireless Technology, or connect with low latency Bluetooth or USB wired
- Weighs Just 99 grams: Lightweight construction, so you can play longer without fatigue
- Simple Setup Gets You Playing Faster: Just connect the wireless adapter to a USB port and switch the mouse on
- Contoured Shape and Rubber Side Grips: For long term comfort and a confident grip
- Up to 60 hours of Battery Life: Play uninterrupted with battery life that lasts for days, or plug in for wired mode to keep playing while charging
3. SteelSeries Rival 600
SteelSeries Rival 600 is among the top best gaming mice because it has two sensors, TrueMove 3 Optical sensor, and Depth Sensing Linear Optical sensor. The TrueMove 3 Optical sensor is used for detecting side to side movements of the mouse and the Depth Sensing Linear Optical sensor is used when the user lifts up the mouse.
The mouse weighs about 96g and has a sensitivity of 12,000 CPI, it also offers amazing performance. The shape of the mouse makes it ideal for right-handed gamers, equipped with 7 buttons. The Rival 600 mouse also provides great comfortability and also allows you to customize the DPI settings to your liking and it is also a wired gaming mouse.
SteelSeries Rival 600 Gaming Mouse - 12,000 CPI TrueMove3Plus Dual Optical Sensor - 0.5 Lift-off Distance - Weight System - RGB Lighting
$58.99 in stock
13 used from $36.59
- Exclusive true move 3 12,000 cpi, 350 ips optical 1 to 1 tracking esports sensor
- The world's lowest and most accurate lift off distance; Cable length 2 meter; 6.5 foot
- 256 center of gravity weight tuning configurations; Lift off distance: Customizable, 0.5 millimeter, 2 millimeter
- Split trigger 60 million click mechanical switches
- Revolutionary silicone side grips for increased grip and durability
4. SteelSeries Rival 3
This gaming mouse is really an affordable mouse but offers great performance. It uses the TrueMove core sensor and it has a sensitivity of 8,500 CPI which offers high performance. The mouse has a right-handed shape with 6 buttons. It is a wired mouse and also has a wireless mouse option.
It has a very simple and basic design with the option for customization of the sensor and RGB lighting. The mouse provides awesome performance when playing any game making to our list of best wired gaming mice.
SteelSeries Rival 3 Gaming Mouse - 8,500 CPI TrueMove Core Optical Sensor - 6 Programmable Buttons - Split Trigger Buttons - Brilliant Prism RGB Lighting
14 used from $17.35
- Hyper durable materials – Engineered with high-grade polymer for durability
- 60 million click mechanical switches – To feel crisp from the first click to the last
- TrueMove Core optical gaming sensor – True 1-to-1 tracking 8500 CPI, 300 IPS, 35g acceleration
- Comfortable ergonomic construction – Ergonomically designed to provide comfort for intense gaming sessions
- Brilliant prism lighting – Redesigned lighting provides 3 zones of 16.8 million beautifully crisp colors
5. SteelSeries Rival 310
The SteelSeries rival 310 gaming mouse is a wired gaming mouse similar to the SteelSeries Rival 3 and SteelSeries 600. The SteelSeries rival 310 uses a SteelSeries TrueMove3 Optical Sensor with a sensitivity of 12,000 CPI and offers very great performance. The mouse has 8 buttons and weighs 92.1g, it also has an ambidextrous shape that allows keeping the mouse firm when playing games so that it doesn’t make unnecessary movements.
SteelSeries Rival 310 Gaming Mouse - 12,000 CPI TrueMove3 Optical Sensor - Split-Trigger Buttons - RGB Lighting
$36.46 in stock
14 used from $15.97
- Custom TrueMove3 12,000 CPI, 350 IPS optical 1 to 1 tracking esports sensor
- Ergonomically designed for extreme comfort and performance
- 2 zone, multi color Prism RGB illumination for customizable lighting;Save all your performance and lighting settings directly to the Rival 310
- Length:5 inches
- OS Compatibility:Windows, Mac, Linux, and Xbox. USB port required.
6. Razer DeathAdder V2
The Razer DeathAdder V2 has a great speed of 20,000 DPI sensitivity and it uses a Focus+ Optical sensor that works really well. The mouse is an upgrade version of a previous model, the Razer DeathAdder. The mouse is also a wired gaming mouse with 7 buttons and a weight of 82g.
The Razer DeathAdder V2 has an ergonomic design hence providing good comfort and grip, rated one of the best ergonomic mice. It is also really efficient making it among our top list of the best gaming mice.
Razer DeathAdder V2 Gaming Mouse: 20K DPI Optical Sensor - Fastest Gaming Mouse Switch - Chroma RGB Lighting - 8 Programmable Buttons - Rubberized Side Grips - Classic Black
$49.43 in stock
19 used from $27.67
- Focus+ 20K DPI Optical Sensor: Auto-calibrates across mouse mat and reduces cursor drift from lift-off and landing for industry-leading precision
- 3x Faster Than Traditional Mechanical Switches: New Razer optical mouse switches uses light beam-based actuation, registering button presses at the speed of light
- Immersive, Customizable Chroma RGB Lighting: Supports 16.8 million colors w/ included preset profiles; syncs with gameplay and Razer Chroma-enabled peripherals and Philips Hue products
- 8 Programmable Buttons: Allows for button remapping and assignment of complex macro functions through Razer Synapse 3
- Drag-Free Cord for Wireless-Like Performance: Razer Speedflex cables eliminate the need for mouse bungees, drastically reducing weight and drag for absolute control
7. Corsair NightSword
The Corsair NightSword gaming mouse is designed for right-handed gamers and uses an optical sensor that has a sensitivity of 18,000DPI for optimum excellent gaming performance. The mouse offers up to 120 different weight calibrations so you can easily adjust the weight, it weighs about 119g and comes with 10 programmable buttons.
Corsair Nightsword RGB - Comfort Performance Tunable FPS/MOBA Optical Ergonomic Gaming Mouse with Backlit RGB LED, 18000 DPI, Black
3 used from $59.99
- Corsair exclusive software automatically detects the center of gravity in real time, allowing you to adjust weight between 119g and 141g and fine tune balance to perfectly fit your grip
- A custom PixArt PMW3391 native 18, 000 DPI optical sensor, adjustable in 1 DPI resolution steps, gives you total sensitivity customization and ultra accurate tracking
- Built with a comfortable contoured shape that naturally fits your hand, with high-performance rubber grips inspired by Pro sports equipment
- Ten fully programmable buttons let you customize your gaming, with the in game advantage of powerful macros and key Remaps
- Includes two sets of weights with six mounting locations, Offering 120 different weight and balance configurations for a precisely calibrated gaming experience
8. Razer Basilisk Ultimate
The Razer Basilisk Ultimate game mouse is a right-handed shaped mouse that uses a Focus+ Optical sensor with a sensitivity of 20,000 DPI. This mouse uses both wired and wireless connections and it has 11 programmable buttons. This gaming mouse has an amazing battery life which can stay up to 100 hours (when there is no lighting). The mouse weighs about 107g and offers a good gaming experience, but it is really expensive.
Razer Basilisk Ultimate HyperSpeed Wireless Gaming Mouse w/ Charging Dock: Fastest Gaming Mouse Switch - 20K DPI Optical Sensor - Chroma RGB - 11 Programmable Buttons - 100 Hr Battery - Classic Black
$129.99 in stock
44 used from $73.72
- The #1 Best-Selling Gaming Peripherals Manufacturer in the US: Source - The NPD Group, Inc. U.S. Retail Tracking Service, Keyboards, Mice, PC Headset/Pc Microphone, Gaming Designed, based on dollar sales, 2017-2021
- 25% Faster Than Competing Wireless Mice: Razer HyperSpeed wireless technology brings together extreme low-latency and interference reduction for true wireless freedom
- 3x Quicker Than Traditional Mechanical Switches: Razer Optical mouse switches uses light beam-based actuation, registering button presses at the speed of light
- Included Customizable Chroma Lighting & RGB Mouse Charging Dock: Features 16.8 million color combinations w/ included preset profiles; provides 5 hours of wireless playtime within 10 minutes of charging
- 11 Programmable Buttons: Allows for reconfiguration and assignment of complex macro functions through Razer Synapse 3
Is Razer Basilisk good for FPS?
The Razer Basilisk is another pro gamers favorite and a good choice for FPS. This is because the basilisk offers good precision and ideal for everyday use. The Razer basilisk features include a clutch trigger, ergonomic design, and an adjustable scroll wheel.
9. Roccat Kain 200 AIMO
This is one of the most affordable wireless gaming mice, the Roccat Kain 200 design makes it really comfortable to use. The mouse also has a battery life that can last 30 hours and uses a PixArt sensor which works really well.
ROCCAT Kain 200 Aimo RGB Gaming Mouse - Black
$94.00 in stock
8 used from $43.55
- Titan click - buttons are hinged and feature a low-tolerance spring that cushions every click. This gives exceptional precision with every press
- Improved wheel - a mouse wheel click is as solid as a normal click with the Titan wheel 2.0; Its improved design provides defined and responsive scrolling steps
- Intelligent firmware - a click with the kain registers up to 8ms faster than the rest thanks to the improved switch mechanics and a smart firmware algorithm
- Ergonomic shape - every part of the kain – from the shape to the buttons to the scroll wheel – was finely crafted with care and precision, for an exceptionally refined and ergonomic build
- Performance coating - grippy, durable and dirt-resistant thanks to a hybrid anti-wear coating; The performance finish helps you keep a firm hold of the kain even during the most frantic of gaming sessions
10. PC Gaming Race Glorious Model O
The PC Gaming Race Glorious Model O is a right-handed lightweight gaming mouse that weighs 67g, the smaller model of this mouse weighs 58g. The lightweight makes it very easy to move around and to carry anywhere. The mouse uses an optical sensor and it has a sensitivity of 12,000 DPI. The mouse has 6 buttons and it is a wired connection gaming mouse.
Glorious Model O- Minus (Glossy Black) + Mouse Wrist Rest Bundle
- Item 1: Glorious Model O- Minus (Glossy Black)
- Item 2: Glorious Mouse Wrist Rest
11. HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB
The HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB is an RGB mouse that is very comfortable with a good-looking design. The mouse uses a Pixart PMW 3360 optical sensor with a sensitivity of 16,000 DPI and offers great performance. It has a right-handed shape and 6 buttons. The mouse uses a wired connection and weighs 100g. The HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB has 32 RGB lighting zones.
HyperX Pulsefire Surge - RGB Wired Optical Gaming Mouse, Pixart 3389 Sensor up to 16000 DPI, Ergonomic, 6 Programmable Buttons, Compatible with Windows 10/8.1/8/7 - Black
$39.99 in stock
14 used from $21.99
- Light Ring provides dynamic 360 degree RGB effects
- Pixart 3389 sensor with native DPI up to 16,000
- Reliable Omron switches rated for 50 million clicks
- Easy customization with HyperX NGenuity software
- Onboard memory to store customizations
12. Swiftpoint Z Gaming Mouse
The mouse uses a Pixart PMW 3360 optical sensor. The Swiftpoint Z gaming mouse has a sensitivity of 12,000 DPI and offers good performance. It has a right-handed shape and 13 buttons. The mouse uses a wired connection and weighs 117g.
Swiftpoint Z Gaming Mouse, 13 Programmable Buttons, 5 with Pressure Sensors, Analog Joystick Control for FPS Peeking and Flying, 12K DPI, OLED RGB MMO
- LIKE A GAMING KEYBOARD AND MOUSE COMBO ALL IN ONE - Loaded with 13 buttons, 5 pressure sensitive deep click buttons, side buttons, gyroscopic gesture control, vibration feedback, OLED screen, RGB LED & onboard memory - it’s not surprising the Z was voted best gaming mouse at CES. Unique button placement offers a better way of clicking buttons giving you unrivalled speed & precision. Access dozens of different actions while barely moving your fingers - Perfect for FPS, MOBA, RTS & MMO gaming
- PLAY LIKE A PRO: the Z mouse gaming software is powerful, customizable yet intuitive & easy-to-use. Start winning immediately with game detection & auto profile switching. Access 16 pre-made pro gaming profiles, source from our community or create your own. Any of the 13 buttons, deep click or gestures can become a keyboard, mouse, gamepad or joystick button. Record macros/combos like auto run, sniper mode (DPI shift), rapid reload / weapon switch, quick build, double click, or crouch jump
- PRESSURE SENSITIVE DEEP CLICK BUTTONS - add at least 5 extra buttons & new dimension to your game. Click for one action, deep click for a 2nd or use them together for a combo. Vibration feedback indicates you’ve triggered a deep click. Fly a plane with the analog joystick function powered by the gyro! Store your settings directly on the mouse's onboard memory & check the OLED display for quick config, DPI, profile & more. Match your color theme with the RGB LED and dominate the competition
- GAME LONGER IN COMFORT - Small, large, or XL hands the Z's ergonomic design fits like a glove. Play in comfort even during extended sessions. Further customize the Swiftpoint Z mouse by choosing your own button size & shape from the 4 included sets, 2 sets of adjustable bases/feet & a flight stick extender for joystick control. Wired to maximize performance & avoid the inevitable charging required with wireless gaming mice. Soft pads add side grip for the ultimate control. Glorious!
- TRIED THE REST? TRY THE BEST - Logitech, Razer, SteelSeries, HyperX or Corsair - Swiftpoint Z will rival them all. 13 buttons, 5 pressure sensors, 12K DPI PixArt PMW3360 Sensor, mechanical switches, PTFE skates, a gyro & onboard memory. Profiles: Apex Legends, Borderlands 3, COD War Zone, Cyberpunk 2077, Destiny 2, PUBG, CS:GO, Dota 2, FFXIV, R6 Siege, Fortnite, Overwatch, League of Legends (LoL), Team Fortress 2 (TF2), Valorant & World of Warcraft (WoW). This is the final mouse you’ll ever buy
What mouse do pro LOL players use?
Most preferably mouse for pro players for LOL (League of Legends) is Corsair Harpoon, Logitech G502, and Razer Basilisk. This is because these mice offer hand fit shape, programmable buttons, tactility, lightweight, and light actuation. All these make these mice the top choice for pro LOL players.
What to consider when looking for a Gaming Mouse
There are many factors you need to consider in order to find the best gaming mouse. For example, if the mouse is wired or wireless, whether it is a budget-friendly gaming mouse, the shape of the mouse, how comfortable you want the mouse to feel in your hand, the sensors used, the sensitivity of the mouse, and also if the gaming mouse can accurately track each movement that your hand makes using its sensors
The following are some of the things to consider when looking for a good gaming mouse:
Shape of the Mouse.
It is also very essential to consider the shape of the mouse whether it is right-handed or left-handed. For instance, if you are right-handed you will need to look at the right-handed mice and if you are left-handed, then you will consider the left-handed mice.
Wired or wireless.
You may need to consider if you want a wired gaming mouse or a wireless gaming mouse. Wireless technology makes the mouse easily portable and hence good for traveling. Wireless gaming mice are also more costly than wired gaming mice. Also, consider the battery that is used, some batteries can be recharged others cannot. So, it is important to also pay attention to battery life.
The comfortability of the mouse also plays a major role when choosing a good gaming mouse, you may need to go for good ergonomically designed mice that provide good comfortability and do not strain your hands when playing games.
The sensors and the sensitivity.
The sensors help to accurately track the movement you make with the mouse, whether side to side movements or when the mouse is lifted from the surface. Gaming Mice with a good sensitivity offer amazing performance.
- What is the Best Gaming Mouse Pro Gamers use?
- The top 12 best gaming mice (wired and wireless) include:
- 1. Logitech G502 lightspeed
- Is Logitech G502 good for FPS?
- 2. Corsair Harpoon Wireless
- 3. SteelSeries Rival 600
- 4. SteelSeries Rival 3
- 5. SteelSeries Rival 310
- 6. Razer DeathAdder V2
- 7. Corsair NightSword
- 8. Razer Basilisk Ultimate
- Is Razer Basilisk good for FPS?
- 9. Roccat Kain 200 AIMO
- 10. PC Gaming Race Glorious Model O
- 11. HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB
- 12. Swiftpoint Z Gaming Mouse
- What mouse do pro LOL players use?
- What to consider when looking for a Gaming Mouse