Best Ceiling Speakers Uk: Ceiling Speakers are the long-term audio solution that will provide you with the best room sounds for years to come and not only that but it leaves your room free from cables that are left hanging around the room.
Now if I was considering looking for the best options for ceiling speakers, on top of my list would be consideration of the quality of your ceiling speakers and the cosmetics after installations so I can choose the right type of the ceiling speaker.
That’s why below are some of the important points you need to know about ceiling speakers.
- Pyle Pair 6.5 flush mount in a wall in-ceiling 2-way home speakers system
- Pyle Home PIC8E 300 watt High-end 8-inch Two way in-ceiling speaker system
- YAMAHA NSIW 360c 2- way in-ceiling speaker system
Benefits Of Ceiling Speakers
- Saves space, zero clutter
- Being installed into the ceiling means they take up no floor space at all.
- It saves you the time to worry about where you can put them whether on your display or cabinet thereby making your living room looking neat.
- Position them anywhere
- Ceiling speakers are very portable such that you can position them in any spot that fits and can bring the best sound at its best as they do not use main power like traditional speakers.
- Aesthetic visuals
- As all the wires are concealed within the ceiling, it leaves the rooms looking smart without any cables hanging around and at the same time avoiding accidents from infants and children.
Best Ceiling Speakers
1. Pyle Pair 6.5 flush mount in-wall or in-ceiling 2-way home speakers system
This works out really well for those with theatre systems. They can be a great choice if planning for background sound music whether in offices or dwelling units.
- It has sound imaging which is fair so long as you place the speakers strategically.
- Although it can not be a good choice for those looking for deep bass as it has a bass which is just reasonable.
- It can handle up to 200w of power and can produce a fair amount of volume.
- Their frequency response is from 70Hz to 20Hz.
Its made from environmentally friendly ABS construction, each Pyle speaker measures 9×3.1 inches and a depth of 2.8 inches.
A single speaker weighs 5.5Ibs and the set comes with cutout template and quick connect spring-loaded speaker terminals for hassle-free installations.
- Easy installation
- Reasonable bass
- Paintable grilles
- Durable build
- Works best with other speakers, on their own may not produce enough power
- Limited frequency response
- Grilles prone to coming loose
- Non- pivoting tweeter
- Not for outdoor use.
2. Pyle Home PIC8E 300 watt High-end 8-inch Two way in-ceiling speaker system
This is a type of ceiling speaker that is suitable for home theatres as the name tells. It may not work out its best in giving out a good bass but its best complemented in home theatres systems, provided there is a separate subwoofer. It may also provide the best soothing background music in places like offices whereby there is no need for a theatre quality sound. The speakers can work well on their own and are not recommended for outdoors.
The speakers have a frequency response between 35Hz and 20Hz giving out a great range of and good clarity especially in mids and highs. The PIC8E has 300 watts rated peak power and 150 watts RMS with 88Db sensitivity and 4 – 8 Ohm impendence meaning the volume can go up very high with minimal distortion.
The Omnidirectional tweeters angle at 30 to 40 degrees, allowing users to set the direction they want the audio to be recreating a wide soundstage effect. The PIC 8E is a sizable unit, each speaker is 10.6 inches in diameter. This kind of speakers cannot be a good choice for those dwelling in small apartments as it may take up some space in the ceiling.
The cut-out diameter is 9.4 inches with a mounting depth of 3.7 inches.
- Good sound
- Pivoting tweeter
- Adjustable treble control
- Decent crossover
- Volume can go up high
- For home theatre
- Need separate subwoofer
- Cheap plastic grabbers prone to breakage
- Large and bulky may not fit at all homes.
3. YAMAHA NSIW 360c 2- way in-ceiling speaker system
Yamaha is a basic and easy to install, they lack powerful bass but work best in complementing home theatre systems. The speakers come in pairs each featuring an eight-inch cone woofer and a one-inch soft dome tweeter though it is not designed specifically for outdoor use. However, if you are a bass fan you might need to add in the subwoofer.
Each speaker has a 120-watt 88dB sensitivity and six-ohm impedance.
It has a frequency response from 45Hz to 24 000 Hz. Clarity is good and audio sounds clear and even at low volumes. The speakers are hefty, seized at 10 × 9 3/2 inches with a cutout diameter of 9 × 7 1/6 inches. It comes with an already made cutout template for the inconvenience.
The speakers are heavyweight, each weighing 4.31ds.
- Best for surround sound
- Excellent mids and highs
- Affordably priced
- No returns
- Difficult installation
- Cheap mounting components
- Bulky and heavy.
4. Yamaha NSIC800 Ceiling/In-Wall 8″ Speaker
This Yamaha nsic800 is one of our top pick for best selling in-ceiling speaker, with 8 ohms impedance and 110 watts output. The sound quality is superb, clean and natural sound homes or business premises and as outdoor speakers. The speakers use polypropylene mica cone woofer and a swivel tweeter with fluid-cooled soft-dome to produce one of the best in-ceiling speaker sounds with one of the best high-frequency output. It is designed with a sealed protective back cover against moisture and dust to prevent damage.
You will surely enjoy the natural clean sound these speakers produce thanks to the horn-shaped acoustic baffle. With this design, the edges become completely invisible after installation thanks to the removable thin edge grill.
It also has a magnetic catch making it easy to attach and detach for cleaning, the paintable grille which can easily blend the color of the area. The large mounting clamp is sturdy and non-slipping which provides a strong grip so the speaker remains in place.
Worried about a connection with Dolby atmos? Worry not, if your Av receiver has atmos, then this should work just fine.
- Comes with installation template
- Easy to install
- Great frequency response
- Impressive bass
- The painted grille can be difficult to wipeout
- Noise Cancelling Earbuds To Sleep
- Bose QuietComfort 35 II Headphone Review
- Best Car Powered Subwoofer For The Money Under 300
- Top 10 Best Open Back Headphones Under 300
- Top 10 Best Open Back Headphones With Detachable Cables
- Top 10 Best Open Back Headphones Under 100
- Top 10 Best Soundbars Under 200
- Logitech G560 vs Logitech z625
- Top 10 Best Soundbars Under 300
- Top 10 Best Gaming Soundbars