Top 10 Best ceiling speakers for Serenity surround sound
No doubts that serenity music experience at home begins with decorative ceiling speakers which are also becoming so popular with indoor audio design without having too disruptive to the visual aesthetics of your home’s interior design scheme.
Advantages of ceiling speakers
There are numerous benefits to selecting the best ceiling speakers beyond listening to your favorite music and design…
You get more floor space:
People who have small houses or small living room prefer having ceiling speakers so that they can have space on their floor area, so by placing the speakers on the ceiling you get to have more room for you to move around.
Ceiling Speakers has built-in acoustics:
Your Ceiling speaker selection will allow you to enjoy your room’s natural acoustics, so by having your speakers placed on the ceiling, the space above and below it becomes a sort of built-in acoustic that will produce better treble and bass response all around your room.
They Have better wiring management:
Having ceiling speakers is the best option for you especially when you don’t like having loose Audio cords everywhere on your floor. All the cords and electronic circuitry will be hidden inside the ceiling cavity, meaning no more clutter on your floor and there’ll be fewer accident risks.
They maintain room aesthetics:
Having speakers laying around your floor may ruin the interior design of how your room looks, so if you like keeping the aesthetic of your room intact, then ceiling speakers are the best option for you. These speakers will not take your living room space and allows you to make aesthetic decisions without having to think about where to place speakers.
How to identify the best ceiling speakers
There are many ceiling speakers available on the market and choosing the one that best suits your needs is very essential. Below we have listed some important factors you have to put into consideration before you purchase ceiling speakers:
- How much is your budget? Before you purchase ceiling speakers you have to know how much your budget is. Whether you are under budget or have enough money to spend on whatever is available, you will still find the best ceiling speakers that suit your needs.
- Audio quality: The first thing you need to check when buying ceiling speakers is the sound quality. Make sure that you get ceiling speakers they produce great sound quality for your price.
- Construction: Make sure you buy ceiling speakers that look good for your price and are as well easy to install. Buy the ones that will blend into the ceiling architecture, they should look a bit decorative. Avoid buying speakers that will give you a hard time to install.
- Durability: Buy ceiling speakers that use a sturdy construction with preferably moisture-resistant coating, these are best because they are durable and will take a long time before they require replacement.
Tips for installing ceiling speakers
Here are the tips of installing the ceiling speakers we have listed on our list below:
- It is important to select the perfect spot on the ceiling where you’ll have the speakers placed.
- The best spot should be in your sitting room, where the speaker will be able to direct the sound to you. Think carefully of where you want your speakers to be placed before having your ceiling cut off.
- Make sure the spot you choose to have your ceiling speakers installed has an attic on top of it, this will allow sound to reflect for better bass and treble.
- Almost all in-ceiling speakers are wired so make sure you have the facility of running wires through the walls and ceiling so that your sitting room looks neat without wires or cables popping up everywhere from your ceiling.
- Make sure you use a stud-finder to look for the ceiling joists and find the right spot to install the speakers the right way.
Okay, with all that said, here are the 10 best ceiling speakers for surround sound.
1. Bose Virtually invisible 791 in-ceiling speakers II
Bose 742897-0200 Virtually Invisible 791 In-Ceiling Speaker II (White)
2 used from $449.95
- The best Bose in-ceiling speaker has one 7" woofer and two strategically positioned 1" tweeters
- High-quality, full-range performance that most other installed speakers can't match
- Exclusive Stereo Everywhere speaker performance covers the room with balanced stereo sound-no drop-offs
- A near-bezel-less construction blends elegantly into the room's design; easily paintable grilles
- Standard dogleg clamps and magnetically attached grilles make installation fast and easy
This speaker blends amazingly into the contours of the room hence the name it has, it has thin bezels which Bose claims is almost not there.
The grille in front of the speaker can be painted meaning this speaker will remain camouflaged in the decorations of your living room. The bass, treble and surround sound this speaker produces is exceptional.
- Has a nearly invisible design
- Has excellent clarity and balanced sound
- Has a magnetic grille closure
- Has good power- handling
- It is a bit expensive
2. Klipsch R-1800-C in-ceiling loudspeaker
Klipsch R-1800-C In-ceiling Loudspeaker White
$97.76 in stock
- Good sensitivity and power handling
- Paintable to match ceiling
- Packaged individually
The design of this speaker is round and inconspicuous in an interior environment and it takes a circular hole of 8 inches to install the speaker.
This speaker is of high quality and has a durable build. The bass it produces is punchy and sufficient as well.
- Has high-end clear audio
- It is Easy to install
- Is available as a single speaker
- Not reference quality sound
3. Yamaha NS-IW280CWH 6.5″3-way in-ceiling speaker system
Yamaha NS-IW280CWH 6.5" 3-Way In-Ceiling Speaker System (White, Pair)
$89.95 in stock
3 used from $82.75
- 6.5 inches Polypropylene mica cone woofers (two per package)
- Dual 3/4 inches dome tweeter with SoundMax technology
- 100 Watt maximum input capability
- Swivel tweeter for wide dispersion and paintable aluminum grille with protective cover
- Limited warranty only when purchased from an AUTHORIZED YAMAHA DEALER
Yamaha has a history of manufacturing audio pieces of equipment of high quality and here we have stated one of their in-ceiling speakers.
Yamaha NS-IW280CWH 6.5 speaker will disappear into the interior design of your living room and it’s round design covers the mica woofer perfectly. It also comes with grilles for every Speaker which can be painted to the color that suits your room.
- They are affordable
- They are easy to mount and connect
- Have balanced sounds with good highs and mids
- Have a paintable grille
- Have low frequencies that need more power
4. Polk Audio TC80i Round 2-Way 8-inch in-ceiling loudspeaker
Polk Audio AW0080-B RC80i 2-way Premium In-Ceiling 8" Round Speakers, Set of 2 Perfect for Damp and Humid Indoor/Outdoor Placement - Bath, Kitchen, Covered Porches (White, Paintable Grille)
$179.99 in stock
19 used from $134.99
- GET SEAMLESS AUDIO QUALITY & POLK'S EXCELLENT SOUND REPRODUCTION with these timbre-matched overhead speakers that elevate the sound quality. ADD TO YOUR EXISTING HOME THEATER SETUP or build your own Polk collection for THE SAME GREAT POLK SOUND EVERYWHERE
- EXPERIENCE MORE BALANCED & LIFELIKE SOUND – Features an 8" Dynamic Balance woofer & a 1" aimable tweeter for more depth & detail in your music. Mineral-filled polymer cone & strong composite driver baskets create wider dispersion for EVEN-SOUND COVERAGE
- THE RUBBER SEAL DRIVES better response and PREVENTS MOISTURE ACCESS, a key feature for USE IN A BATHROOM, KITCHEN, SAUNA AND COVERED PORCH
- OUT OF THE BOX & RECESSED INTO THE CEILING - no mess, no extra assembly - in 3 simple steps QUICKLY & EASILY INSTALL these speakers. Leave the paintable aluminum grilles as is or spray paint to MATCH YOUR EXISTING INTERIOR and virtually make them disappear
- Polk's UNWAVERING COMMITMENT, RELIABILITY, AND CRAFTSMANSHIP, has made it one of the most trusted names in home audio speakers and entertainment systems. They bring out the BEST IN TECHNOLOGY, so you can SIT BACK, RELAX AND LISTEN WITH YOUR HEART!
This in-ceiling speaker sounds richer and clearer than many in-ceiling speakers. They are well built and durable as well.
- Has balanced sound with excellent bass
- It is loud with good power handling
- It is Easy to install
- The back of the speaker is exposed
5. Pyle Home PIC8E 300 watt high-Ebd 8-inch two-way in-ceiling speaker system
2-Way In-Wall In-Ceiling Speaker System - Dual 8 Inch 300W Pair of Ceiling Wall Flush Mount Speakers w/ 1" Silk Dome Tweeter, Adjustable Treble Control - For Home Theater Entertainment - Pyle PIC8E
$57.61 in stock
1 used from $51.00
- AMPLIFY YOUR HOME: PyleHome’s 300W 2-way wall mount speaker system is what you need to listen to high-quality audio at home, office, studio and even commercial spaces! Includes (2) 8” two-way inwall / inceiling speakers and mounting cut-out template
- 300-WATT PEAK POWER: These new white high performance stereo sound speakers kit have 150 watt RMS with 300 watts peak power. Features a frequency response of 35Hz-20kHz with 8 ohms impedance and is equipped easy connect / disconnect speaker terminals
- SUPERIOR SOUND: The speaker system features 1.0” silk dome pivoting voice coil tweeters and 8” poly cone full range mid-bass type for a full range stereo sound reproduction. It also features integrated mounting hardware for easy installation
- ADJUSTABLE TREBLE CONTROL: The Pyle dual 8 in ceiling speakers feature adjustable treble control switch (+3dB, 0, -3dB) helps deliver a more full, rich sound. Total speaker diameter is 10.6” w/ 9.4” cutout, 3.9” speaker depth and 3.7” mounting depth
- MOUNTS ON WALL/CEILING: Set of 2 mountable 8 inch ceiling speakers are made from environment-friendly ABS and urethane film laminated cloth construction. Features flush mount design to be mounted on walls or ceilings. Perfect for custom installations
This speaker has an impressive 300 watts rated peak power and 150 watts RMS with 88Db sensitivity and 4-8 ohm impedance.
The sound it produces is of great quality, it’s designed is stylish and will fit well into your living room and is affordable as well.
- Has adjustable treble control
- Has pivoting tweeter
- Has decent crossover
- Its volume can go up high as you want
- Has cheap plastic grabbers probe to breakage
- It is large and may not fit into small homes.
6. Micca M-8C 8 Inch 2-Way In-Ceiling In-Wall Speaker with Pivoting 1″ Silk Dome Tweeter
Micca M-8C 8 Inch 2-Way in-Ceiling in-Wall Speaker with Pivoting 1" Silk Dome Tweeter (Each, White)
$49.99 in stock
- 2-way in-ceiling speaker, 9.4-inch cutout diameter, with a high excursion 8-inch poly woofer and a 1-inch soft dome tweeter
- Perfect integration between the tweeter and woofer is achieved through a 6dB crossover network
- Smooth and natural sound signature with robust bass output for impactful listening experience
- Designed for optimal performance in a wide variety of home entertainment applications
- Easy to install and can be painted to blend into any décor
These speakers are able to handle up to 200w power and can produce a fair amount of volume.
It is durable, fits well into your living room and sound quality is great too.
- It is Easy to install
- Has reasonable bass
- Has paintable grilles
- Are durable
- Has limited frequency response
- Uts grilles are prone to becoming lose
- Had nonpivoting tweeter
7. Acoustic audio CS-IC83 in-ceiling 8″ Home Theater 5 speaker set
Acoustic Audio by Goldwood CS-IC83 8” 3-Way In Ceiling Home Theater Speaker System (White, 5 Speakers)
- FLUSH MOUNT IN CEILING SPEAKERS - Wide sound dispersion designed speakers easily integrate with new and existing audio systems, traditional Passive speaker design, simply drive power from your home audio receiver or amp
- FULL RANGE 3-WAY SOUND - 8" High Rigidity Poly cone woofers with progressive spiders and butyl rubber surrounds, Poly Mica midranges and 13mm soft dome tweeters, 3-way passive crossovers for greater fidelity, frequency response is 40Hz-20 kHz with 95dB at 8ohm
- EASY TO INSTALL - Pressure lock mounting system clamps tight to drywall, fits round speaker hole size of 9. 49" with a mounting depth of 3. 7", overall size of 10. 86" with spring loaded raw wire connections, durable ABS housings and grills can be painted to match your decor
- SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS - Any home audio receiver or amp with raw speaker wire outputs, power from your amp should be no less than 10 and no more than 350 watts per channel, CL3 rated in wall certified raw speaker wire to connect your receiver to the speakers
- WHAT'S IN THE BOX - 5 Acoustic Audio by Goldwood CS-IC83 speakers, removeable grills, cut-out templates, instruction manual. Use for home theater surround sound, whole house audio systems, business or retail installations
These are sold at a set of 5 and they make a great choice for home entertainment. Each speaker’s recommended power is between 20 to 350 watts, for a total up to 1759 watts, the sound it produces is just excellent and will let you have a quality time of watch movies or listening to music.
When installing these speakers on your roof, make sure to provide extra space for the cutout to avoid tight fitting that may affect the screen cover and cause warping.
The design of the speakers is stylish and will fit well with tall ceilings.
- Produces excellent sound
- They easy to install
- They have minimal distortion at high volumes
- They are stylish
- The grilles it has the tendency to fall out
8. JBL SP8II 2-way Round 8-inch in-ceiling speaker with swivel Mount tweeter
JBL SP8II 2-way, 8-Inch In-Wall Speaker with Swivel Mount Tweeter (Pair)
$189.99 in stock
- Titanium laminate tweeter for excellent high-frequency sound
- Titanium laminate cone woofer uses rubber surrounds for reduced distortion
- Dog-ear brackets make it possible to retrofit
- Optional rough-in frames are available for new construction
- Frequency response of 30-20,000Hz
JBL brand is one of the most popular trusted brands on the market, known for manufacturing audio systems of good quality. So we were excited to find out that they manufacture in-ceiling speakers as well.
JBL SP8CIi comes as a pair of speakers that can be easily installed on the ceiling with so much ease, they enclose an 8-inch titanium laminate bass driver and a 1-inch tweeter which can be swiveled to be directed at the seating area.
The audio quality of this speaker is just excellent for its price and will have you enjoying music in your home.
- Has good bass and treble
- Has a printable grille
- The miss is bit recessed
9. Definitive Technology UEWA)Do 8R Round in-ceiling speaker
Definitive Technology Uewa/Di 8R Round In-Ceiling Speaker (Single)
1 used from $113.36
- In ceiling speaker
- Simple to install, no spackle work required
- Flangeless design and micro perf grille minimize visibility
- Perfect for use as side/rear surround speakers in home theater systems
- Pivoting pure aluminum dome tweeters
This speaker will fit into your ceiling design seamlessly and perfectly and it has the best surround sound.
The design of this speaker is beautiful, it’s front face is smooth, it uses a micro-perf Griffe which makes the speaker more amazing on the ceiling. It is as well durable and easy to install.
The bass this speaker produces is just great and will give you the best sound experience in your home.
- The speaker looks stylish
- Produces excellent natural audio
- It is a bit expensive
10. Polk Audio 255C-RT in-ceiling center channel speaker
Polk Audio 255c-RT In-Wall Center Channel Speaker (2) 5.25" Drivers - The Vanishing Series | Easily Fits into the Wall | Power Port | Paintable Grille
$229.00 in stock
4 used from $201.52
- CRYSTAL CLEAR SOUND & DEEP BASS for a true cinematic experience. Powered by Dynamic Balance, Distance Toggle & Polk's patented Power Port technology, the 255c-RT In-wall speaker comes with (2) 5.25" Mid/Woofer & a 1" swivel-mount Silk Dome Tweeter
- This 2-way center channel speaker is designed to offset reflective surfaces with no sound distortion, making it PERFRECT FOR ANY 3.1, 5.1, 6.1, 7.1 & ABOVE SURROUND SOUND SYSTEM. Enjoy rich natural sound in your home theater and entertainment system
- EASY TO MOUNT AND INSTALL - PERFECT FIT TEMPLATES, a precision flange, (available) pre-construction brackets and the PATENTED ROTATING CAM system ensure secure, vibration-free installation
- This in-wall loudspeaker VANISHES INTO THE WALL giving you a clean, clutter-free look, becoming the CENTER STAGE OF ROOM-FILLING SOUND. Paint the wafer-thin sheer grille in any color you want and it EASILY BLENDS INTO YOUR HOME DECOR
- Polk’s UNWAVERING COMMITMENT, RELIABILITY, AND CRAFTSMANSHIP has made it one of the most trusted names in home audio. Bring out the best in surround sound systems and acoustic excellence, so you can SIT BACK, RELAX AND LISTEN WITH YOUR HEART
This in-ceiling speaker is one of the best available on the market, it’s a centerpiece which dishes out voluminous low frequencies and excellent bass. This speaker is the perfect piece with two sets of RC8i for the living room.
The speaker is square shaped, it’s edges are curved to avoid any snags or metal cuts. The speaker is as well covered by a grille which attaches to the speaker body with a magnetic clasp.
- Installation is easy and all cables and wires will be hidden inside the ceiling
- Has two bass ports
- Has a magnetic grille clasp
- The sound it produces is clear
- The tweeter it has is it directional
- Best Bluetooth Outdoor Speakers
- Best Portable Bluetooth Speakers Under £100
- Best Bluetooth Garden Rock Speakers
- Best Bookshelf Speakers Under 300
- The 10 Best Tweeters
- Best Sylvania Bluetooth Speakers
- Best Car Speakers For Bass Without A Subwoofer
- Best Car Subwoofer Uk
- Best Bluetooth Speakers Under 100
- Best Bathroom Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Top 10 Best ceiling speakers for Serenity surround sound
- Advantages of ceiling speakers
- How to identify the best ceiling speakers
- Tips for installing ceiling speakers
- 1. Bose Virtually invisible 791 in-ceiling speakers II
- 2. Klipsch R-1800-C in-ceiling loudspeaker
- 3. Yamaha NS-IW280CWH 6.5″3-way in-ceiling speaker system
- 4. Polk Audio TC80i Round 2-Way 8-inch in-ceiling loudspeaker
- 5. Pyle Home PIC8E 300 watt high-Ebd 8-inch two-way in-ceiling speaker system
- 6. Micca M-8C 8 Inch 2-Way In-Ceiling In-Wall Speaker with Pivoting 1″ Silk Dome Tweeter
- 7. Acoustic audio CS-IC83 in-ceiling 8″ Home Theater 5 speaker set
- 8. JBL SP8II 2-way Round 8-inch in-ceiling speaker with swivel Mount tweeter
- 9. Definitive Technology UEWA)Do 8R Round in-ceiling speaker
- 10. Polk Audio 255C-RT in-ceiling center channel speaker