Budget Bookshelf Speakers UK
What are the best sounding bookshelf speakers?
- Edifier Active Remote Control Bookshelf Studio Bluetooth Speakers
- Mordaunt Short M10, Compact Bookshelf Speakers
- Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 Speakers
- KRK Rockit Powered Studio Monitor
- Q Acoustics 3020 Bookshelf Speakers
- COMISO NatureAudio 30W Bluetooth Speakers, Loud Bamboo Wood
- Bookshelf Speaker Surround Sound Systems
- Numark N-Wave 580L Compact Full-Range Desktop
- Monitor Audio Bronze 2 Walnut
- Audioengine A5+ 150W Wireless Powered Bookshelf Speakers
Related Speakers: Sony SSCS3 Vs KEF Q100 Passive Speakers
Are bookshelf speakers good for music?
Yes, but depending on the speaker, some have good quality while some are just normal sounds but will still sound good. Some of them come with a low-frequency response.
If you are looking to get the best sound, you may consider pairing your bookshelf speaker with another subwoofer, especially for movies if yours has a low bass. Try Top 10 Best Subwoofer For Music.
Below is the full range of the best budget bookshelf speakers
1. Edifier Bookshelf Studio Bluetooth Speakers
Edifier R1280DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Optical Input - Wireless Studio Monitors - 4 Inch Near Field Speaker - 42w RMS - Wood Grain
5 used from $119.59
- BLUETOOTH WIRELESS - Popular classic bookshelf speakers now can be enjoyed without the hassle of wires. Simply connection to an iPhone, Android, Tablet, PC or Mac.
- STUDIO SOUND QUALITY - Naturally fine tuned sound reproduction from 4 inch bass and 13mm silk dome tweeter.
- OPTICAL AND COAXIAL INPUTS - Digital inputs to enable lossless connection to most TV and computers.
- REMOTE CONTROL - Adjust the volume and toggle inputs at your fingertips. Bass and treble control located on the side of main speaker.
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY - Quality components in solid MDF wood housing are built to last. 24 month parts and labor warranty in USA and Canada.
This bookshelf speaker can actually be personalized, from bass to treble and the master dials. It has a Bluetooth connection so it can be paired with other devices which makes it more fun.
The sound is great, with a 4inch bass driver and front bass reflex port. I also have a remote control, this makes changing sound and volume really easy.
- Good sound quality with 42w output
- Wireless Bluetooth connection
- Wireless remote control
- East to set you
- Settings may auto change after on/off otherwise worth it
Sylvania Bluetooth Speakers: Check this out
2. Mordaunt Short M10, Compact Bookshelf Speakers
The Mordaunt Short M10 is a powerful bookshelf speaker that still delivers without a doubt and the drive unit is still top quality. It delivers a smooth and clear sound with the soft dome tweeter and with the deep sound thanks to the axis point which close to the woofer.
The compact design and lightweight bass cone help increase the bass response and also eliminates distortion and unnatural colorations.
- Comes with mounting brackets
- Sound is clear with detailed highs and lows
- Can be paired with a dedicated sub
- Refined smooth sound
- Good bass response
- Compact size
Check out this comparison: Sony SSCS5 Vs Micca MB42X Bookshelf Speakers
3. Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 Speakers
Wharfedale Diamond 11 Series 4-inch 2-Way Diamond 11.0 Black Ash Bookshelf Speaker - Pair
With the Wharfedale Diamond 9, you can choose to bi-wire the speaker by separating high and low frequencies with signal paths so as to create a more precise, clearer, and cleaner sound.
The positioning should be well apart and if possible in the center of any space for a more balanced sound. It eliminates vibrations and standing waves, and the curved shape makes it perform dynamically and to fit the side of the wall.
- Quality build bookshelf speaker
- Can pair with amp and subwoofer
- Good clear and cleaner sound.
Want an affordable speaker? Check out this Bookshelf Speakers Under 500.
4. KRK Rokit Powered Studio Monitor
KRK RP5 Rokit G4 Studio Monitor, Black (RP5G4-NA)
1 used from $161.22
- A new scientifically designed speaker enclosure and front-firing port offer exceptional low-end extension and accuracy, punch and flexible room-positioning.
The KRK Rokit 6 g3 is another multipurpose studio speaker, provides good quality sound for mixing, recording, and playback. The Krk Rokit delivers a heavy sound with the help of a soft dome tweeter and the glass aramid composite woofer.
These deliver an extended bass response, clarity, high frequencies, and can integrate just about any system with multiple input connection.
It also reduces boundary coupling for easy placement with the help of the front-firing bass port. The surface design eliminates any coloration and distortion.
This speaker has XLR input socket, RCA and 1/4 inch jack, if you have a Bluetooth receiver with these connections, it should work.
- You can plug a Roland tr8 directly
- Class A/B amplifier
- Low distortion
- An optimized waveguide
- It delivers clear midrange and tight bass
The top speakers: Mordaunt Short M10 Vs Wharfedale Diamond 9
5. Q Acoustics Bookshelf Speakers
Q Acoustics 3030i Bookshelf Speaker Pair (English Walnut)
- Innovative point-to-point cabinet bracing gives extraordinary rigidity and virtually eliminates distortion
- Bigger Bookshelf cabinets fitted with Floorstander driver units. Capable of astonishingly low 46Hz bass response and excellent 88dB sensitivity
- Enclosure Type: 2-way reflex, Bass Driver: 165 mm (6.5 in), Tweeter: 22 mm (0.9 in), Frequency Response: 46Hz – 30kHz, Impedance: 6 Ohms, Minimum Impedance: 4 Ohms, Sensitivity: (2.83 [email protected] m) 88dB, Power Input: 50-145 W, Cross-over Frequency: 2.4kHz
- You can buy the matching Black or White 3030FSi floor stands to mount 3030i bookshelf speakers
- Includes: 2 x 3030i bookshelf speakers, 2 x Speaker Grilles, 2 x Foam Bungs, 1 x User Manual
The Q Acoustics 3020 bookshelf speakers is an advanced low distortion speaker, a wide dispersion with concentric ring dome tweeter. It also has an updated crossover and low resonance cabinet, it has a 5-inch large drive unit and an aramid fiber cone.
It also delivers a huge bass sound and an open realistic mid-range and fast dynamic. This is a three dimensional sound, the base unit, the treble unit, and a 2-way reflex. The nominal impedance is 6 Ohms. Can handle power between 25watts to 75watts.
If you love music, then this high-performance bookshelf speaker is right for you. It has a natural sound, good quality bass, and ideal for small to medium rooms.
What is the difference between the Q acoustics 3020 and Q acoustics 3010?
Q acoustics 3020 vs Q acoustics 3010
The Q acoustics 3020 is the newer model of the Q acoustics 3010. Also, the Q acoustics 3020 has a larger cabinet and bass driver.
The sensitivity of these speakers is 88dB
- Quality bass and superb sound
- Good treble and clear vocals
- Solid design
Best Bookshelf Speakers Under 300: Affordable speakers.
6. COMISO NatureAudio Bluetooth Speakers
COMISO Bluetooth Speakers, 30W Loud Wood Home Outdoor Wireless Speaker, SubWoofer Tweeters for Super Bass Stereo Sound, 100Ft Bluetooth V4.0 and 12H Playtime (White)
- SUPERIOR SOUND QUALITY WITH RICH FULL BASS - Our digital audio processor pumps up the bass and enhances the clarity of the mids and highs; 20 Watts of power delivers surprisingly loud room filling volume from the dual precision stereo drivers and proprietary bass radiator; distortion free stereo sound even at max volume - the perfect home speaker and travel speaker
- BAMBOO FACEPLATE: Using bamboo in our speakers enables frequent harvesting without causing damage to the ecosystem. When bamboo is harvested responsibly, the plant roots remains healthy, with new shoots growing bigger and stronger than the previous generation
- LONG LASTING BATTERY LIFE: play for up to 24 hours non-stop and use the built-in USB port to charge your devices while you listen.
- BUILT IN SPEAKERPHONE: Take calls right through the speaker, so words are clearer and less muffled. And, you can just press and hold the multi-function button to access the voice input for Siri & Google Now
- 100 Ft BLUETOOTH RANGE: our advanced antenna design with Bluetooth 5.0 provides fast connection from your Phone computer, laptop and tablet. Connects quickly and easily
This COMISO NatureAudio Bluetooth speaker has a powerful bass with enhanced voice clarity and sound adjustment of medium and high mode. This speaker ideally can be used in homes or for holiday, the sound fills the room without distortions even with the loudest volume.
This Comiso speaker is built and design using bamboo making it really durable and long-lasting, and the battery life is yet another advantage.
The battery can last 20 hrs of playtime and has a USB charging port. It also has an inbuilt microphone for answering and making calls, and also voice-assisted. It also has a Bluetooth 4.2 connectivity with up to 100 feet connection which is also fast and stable.
It can also connect to two Bluetooth devices at a time through both wireless and wired connections and connects to any Bluetooth devices.
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Powerful bass with 30 watts power output
- Long battery life
- Ideal holiday bookshelf speaker
Under 400 Best Bookshelf Speakers.
7. Bookshelf Speaker Surround Sound Systems
Docooler SADA D-203 USB Wired Combination Speaker Computer Speaker Bass Stereo Music Player Subwoofer Sound Box for Desktop Laptop Notebook Tablet PC Smart Phone
- Steady and undistorted bass sound effect with stereo sound surrounding. Equipped with intelligent frequency division technology, brings you wonderful music.
- Enjoy your music through dual high-performance loudspeaker. Ensures enhanced clarity and fidelity.
- Wide Compatibility: Desktop PC, laptop, DVD, TV, smartphone, tablet, PSP, etc.
- USB-powered, energy-saving and environmentally-friendly, safe and reliable.
- Exquisite design. Lightweight and portable, convenient to carry.
This bookshelf Bluetooth speaker has a 360° surround sound field with four speakers and a 12 watts bass speaker. This has enough sound to fill in the room with pure voice clarity and good sound production for music and movies.
This multi-mode Bluetooth enable bookshelf speaker can connect to any device you have and also have a voice prompt function and power-saving feature.
The battery life can last up to 8 hrs playtime on a full charge with a USB charging port. Design from pure high-density wood which reduces bad resonance and produces a natural vibration.
- Its a full range bookshelf speaker
- Can be used outdoors
- Strong sound level
- Bluetooth enabled
- Voice assisted
Quality and affordable: Best Bookshelf Speakers Under 200
8. Numark N-Wave 580L – Compact 40 W Full Range Desktop Speakers
Numark N-Wave 360 | Powered Desktop DJ Monitor Speakers (3" woofer / 60 watts)
- Precise audio amplification for home DJ Setups
- Front panel volume control
- Separate 1-inch silk illuminated tweeter and 3-inch low-frequency driver with crossover
The Numark N-Wave compact bookshelf speaker has multiple lighting modes LED illuminated subwoofers and tweeters, and a 40 watts power output bass for a high fidelity sound.
A high precision crossover and a wooden design for a natural and warm sound. It has an in build amp on one speaker to produce a more rigid sound for any room with both low and high-frequency drivers.
Easily connects to compatible devices with RCA and 1/4 Inch audio inputs.
- Inbuilt amp
- 40 watts power output
Cheapest and affordable: Best Bookshelf Speakers Under 100
9. Monitor Audio Bronze 2 Walnut
Monitor Audio Bronze 2 Bookshelf Speakers - Walnut
- Powerful bookshelf speaker
- New C-CAM gold dome tweeter
- New 6-1/2" bass driver with concave 'dished' C-CAM cone profile
- Rigid 18mm MDF construction throughout, employing radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigid
- Premium quality vinyl veneer finishes in Black Oak and Walnut
The Monitor Audio bookshelf speaker has dome tweeters and a dynamic bass sound for heavy sound. This delivers a very clear sound and really smooth sound upper frequency with no distortions.
It is an ideal use on stereo systems and small to medium rooms and can be connected with a good quality amp for a more rich bass sound production.
This is also an option for bi-wiring and AV receivers for bi-amping, and can be connected or paired with external subwoofers, and can be used in small, medium and large rooms.
10. Audioengine A5+ Wireless Bookshelf Speakers
Audioengine A5+ 150W Wireless Powered Bookshelf Speakers, Bluetooth aptX HD 24 Bit DAC, Built-in Analog Amplifier & Remote Control (Black)
- PREMIUM POWERED BLUETOOTH BOOKSHELF SPEAKERS WITH INTEGRATED DAC: Audioengine has brought traditional high-quality audio equipment into the digital age. Their range of Award-Winning products have been praised by What Hi-Fi, CNet, and Wired to name just a few of the publications who have tested their products over the past 13 years. The A5 Series of Bookshelf Speakers have been the flagship of the range since the beginning and the A5+ Wireless is third generation in the A5 speaker line!
- BLUETOOTH, RCA & 3.5mm INPUTS: Either connect directly to your MAC, PC, Phone or Laptop via Bluetooth or connect any device through the 3.5mm or RCA inputs - start enjoying audiophile quality sound straight out of the box! With aptX HD Bluetooth codec with 30 meter range and 24bit DAC allows you to bypasses the low quality sound card in your laptop or phone to deliver premium quality sound with an extended wireless range of 30 meters.
- PROFESSIONAL AMPLIFIED OUTPUT: Room filling sound from Bookshelf Speakers with 150 watts of combined peak output. Combine these with the Audioengine DS2 speaker stands to elevate these speakers and experience premium sound at ear level.
- WHAT’S INCLUDED: Pair of Audioengine A5+ Wireless Powered Speakers, Bluetooth Antenna, 3.75m Speaker Wire, Power Supply & Cord, 2m 3.5mm Mini-Jack Audio Cable, Solid aluminum remote control Microfiber Speaker bags and Cable Bags, Setup Guide, Brochure
- COVERAGE: Stellar US based customer support and 3 year product coverage is included. Based in Austin, TX, Audioengine has been changing the way people listen to music since 2005. Our passion is creating products that sound great, are easy to use, and make people want to listen to music every day.
The Audioengine A5+ wireless bookshelf speakers are an impressive high-quality speaker. These deliver a 150 watts power bass output making it an ideal bookshelf speaker for your home.
It has Bluetooth connectivity for any Bluetooth enabled devices and 3.5mm or RCA inputs. The Bluetooth device has a 30 feet connection range and a 24 bit DAC to enable the speaker to bypass the low-quality sound card on small devices like phones or laptops.
- Bluetooth enable
- What are the best sounding bookshelf speakers?
- Are bookshelf speakers good for music?
- 1. Edifier Bookshelf Studio Bluetooth Speakers
- 2. Mordaunt Short M10, Compact Bookshelf Speakers
- 3. Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 Speakers
- 4. KRK Rokit Powered Studio Monitor
- 5. Q Acoustics Bookshelf Speakers
- 6. COMISO NatureAudio Bluetooth Speakers
- 7. Bookshelf Speaker Surround Sound Systems
- 8. Numark N-Wave 580L – Compact 40 W Full Range Desktop Speakers
- 9. Monitor Audio Bronze 2 Walnut
- 10. Audioengine A5+ Wireless Bookshelf Speakers