We are looking at some cool bookshelf speakers with quality sounds and designs. In this bookshelf speaker’s review, we will answer some common queries about bookshelf speakers and also provide some useful bookshelf speaker guides. These 10 best bookshelf speakers under 500 are carefully reviewed so all you have to do is make an informed decision. If you think these speakers are pricy, then you can check other bookshelf speakers under 400.
If you are looking for cheaper ones, then check out cheap bookshelf speakers under 300. To go even lower, you check out the best budget bookshel10f speakers under 200. If you are on a very tight budget and want an even cheaper bookshelf, then check out the best cheap budget bookshelf speakers under 100.
Related Speakers: Sony SSCS3 Vs KEF Q100 Passive Speakers
List of Bookshelf Speakers Under $500
|MartinLogan Motion 4i||– A fast response|
– Tuning dynamic range
– Amazing sound clarity
|Klipsch RP-600M||– Can be powered with any decent amp or receiver|
– It is very dynamic and affordable
– Loud sound and dynamic bass
|NHT C Series C-3||– It provides a wide soundstage|
– Incredibly revealing
– Incredible clarity, depth, and bass
|MartinLogan LX16||– Stunning mids and highs|
– A well-balanced sound
– They are very sturdy
|Jamo C93 II||– Good with highs and lows|
– Very clear sound
– Wide and deep bass
|Edifier S2000pro||– Input options are excellent|
– Natural mids and highs
– Bluetooth enable
|Kanto YU6||– Bluetooth enable|
– Comes with remote control
– The bass has a high room presence
|Monitor Audio Bronze 2||– Beautiful finish|
– Crisp and clear sound
– Heavy bass
|SVS Prime||– The highs and midrange sound lifelike|
– Very clear and extremely accurate
– Beautifully finished
|Q Acoustics 3020||– Crisp and vivid sound field|
– Clear and well-controlled mid ranges
– Creates valve-like warmness
Under $500 bookshelf reviews
1. MartinLogan Motion 4i Bookshelf Speaker
MartinLogan Motion 4i Bookshelf Speaker, Pair (Gloss Black)
- 1 Pair MartinLogan Motion 4i Gloss Black Bundle
The MartinLogan Motion 4i bookshelf speaker is the newest model of its kind, it’s compact with the newest technology and performance. The speaker has a 4-ohm impedance, a soft dome tweeter, mid/bass driver, and produces a sound like no other. The speaker is designed for clarity, a folded motion tweeters, and powerful bass technology, and dynamic range.
This is an ideal bookshelf speaker for a small to a medium room and delivers good sound for music and movies, with a possibility to choose to use it for a surround sound setup. This bookshelf speaker is an example of good things that come in small packages, you have to try it to witness the combination of the soft dome, woofer, and tweeter sound effect. Read also Uk Best Budget Bookshelf Speakers.
Custom air core coil inductors
Low DCR steel laminate inductors
Low DF electrolytic capacitors
Easy installation for wall mount and tabletop.
- A powerful bass technology
- A fast response
- Tunning dynamic range
- Amazing sound clarity
Read more about Mordaunt Short M10 Vs Wharfedale Diamond 9.
2. Klipsch RP-600M Bookshelf Speakers
Klipsch RP-600M Bookshelf Speakers (Pair) (Ebony)
2 used from $600.00
- 1” titanium lts vented tweeter with hybrid tractrix Horn
- 6.5" Spun copper cerametallic woofers
- Bass-reflex via rear-firing tractrix port
- Dual binding posts for bi-wire/bi-amp
- Strong, flexible removable magnetic grille
Here is another powerful bookshelf speaker, Klipsch RP-600M delivers strong bass, acoustics, and crystal clear sound. The speaker has a compressed molded silicon face which helps reduce the horn for a smooth response. It uses a vented tweeter to reduce waves for high-frequency reproduction.
The woofers are housed in a non-resonating secured steal basket for efficiency and low distortion, the acoustic will surely fill the room with a clear and loud sound, it is far much better than most bookshelf speakers.
Titanium vented tweeter
Dual binding posts for bi-wire/bi-amp
Removable strong magnetic grille
- It is very efficient
- Can be powered with any decent amp or receiver
- It is very dynamic and affordable
- Loud sound and dynamic bass
Read more about Best Ceiling Speakers Uk.
3. NHT C Series C-3 3-Way Bookshelf Speaker
NHT C Series C-3 Premium Sealed Box 3-Way Bookshelf Speaker, Single, High Gloss Black
$499.95 in stock
1 used from $350.00
- With excellent dispersion and detail typically found only in the most expensive designs, the C-3's bookshelf design provides a wide soundstage for its size.
- Compact bookshelf cabinet construction houses a high-efficiency 6.5-inch aluminum cone woofer, 2-inch aluminum dome midrange, and 1-inch aluminum dome tweeter.
- Bass response down to 40Hz makes subwoofers optional. Impedance: 6 ohms nominal, 4 ohms min.
- Combine with other NHT C-Series components for an audiophile grade system for home theater.
- Improving on earlier NHT designs, the C-3 is sturdier and more serviceable.Sensitivity:87dB ([email protected])
When you want loudness and lifelike sound and sturdiness, then the NHT classic C-3 is the best bookshelf speaker for you. It has a very good sound reproduction within your home, the compact size houses a 65inch high-efficiency aluminum cone woofer a cone midrange, and dome tweeter. The Bass response is 40Hz making it a strong option for deep bass lovers. Recommended speaker stand.
The above mentioned are the reason why this powerful speaker made it to our top 10 best bookshelf speakers under $500, really worth the amount.
A high-efficiency 6.5-inch aluminum cone woofer
2-inch aluminum dome midrange
1-inch aluminum dome tweeter
6 ohms nominal, 4 ohms min
- It provides a wide soundstage
- Incredibly revealing
- Incredible clarity, depth, and bass
- It will fill up large rooms with sound
Read more about Best Bluetooth Speakers Under £100.
4. MartinLogan LX16 Bookshelf Speaker
MartinLogan LX16 Piano Black (Ea.) Bookshelf Speaker
|Part Number||LX16GBL black|
MartinLogan has been at the forefront in creating some of the best speakers which also made this speaker among our top 10 best bookshelf speakers. This speaker was created for the purpose of delivering the best sound, this ultra-high-end electrostatic loudspeaker has the folded motion tweeters and superb bass. These combined technologies create a smooth, clear, and dynamic range.
The motion LX16 has a strong aluminum baffle that holds the drivers securely, including its woofers and motion tweeters. If you are wondering about ear fatigue, then worry not as the answer is no, this is because the driver is not a ribbon, but a heil-type folded electrostatic film transducer. Recommended stand.
The speaker is 5 ohms and can take 4, 6, and 8 Ohms amps, and because it is high efficiency is should work fine good amp.
The difference between the MartinLogan LX16 vs MartinLogan Motion 15?
- MartinLogan Motion 15 has a slight angle to the top
- MartinLogan Motion 15 has a different finish on the speaker side
- The brand logo on MartinLogan Motion 15 is framed but MartinLogan LX16 is not.
- The MartinLogan LX16 can be a stand-alone and it is the newer version. Check out MartinLogan Motion 15
Frequency response 60-25K Hz, +/- 3dB
Folded Motion tweeter
5.25-inch high-excursion woofer
Rear-firing bass port
80×80 degree tweeter
- It does have quite punchy and defined sound
- Stunning mids and highs
- A well-balanced sound
- They are very sturdy
Read more about Best Subwoofer For Music Under 100 Watts.
5. Jamo C93 II Bookshelf Speakers
Jamo C 93 II, White
- Concert-level sound reproduction through a high-quality woofer
- Deeper bass and less distortion using technology to move the sound further
- A cleaner sound throughout your space, even if you change seats
- Minimalist aesthetic
- Sold in pairs
Here is another bookshelf speaker that has made it to our top 10 best bookshelf speakers under $500, the Jamo C93 II, a high-quality speaker with a beautiful design. The Jamo C93 II has one of the best-built drivers, with a sound like no other. It has very deep bass and less distortion, the speaker is the updated version of Jamo C93 with new features like high-quality wood, and a full length is woven tweed grilles. Recommended speaker stand
This speaker is so well designed to fit in any room design and any space, and once it’s on, you can only seat, watch, and listen. The latest technology in this speaker moves the sound further making the sound fill the room with cleaner and clearer sound from all angles.
Tweed magnetic grill
A 2-way bass reflex
Frequency response 45Hz – 24kHz
Sensitivity 88 dB
Impedance 6 Ohm
- It’s got a soft and smooth sound
- Good with highs and lows
- Very clear sound
- Wide and deep bass
Read more about Sylvania Bluetooth Speakers.
6. Edifier S2000pro Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers
Edifier S2000pro Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field Active Studio Monitor Speaker with Wireless and Optical Input
- USES HIGH-END AUDIOPHILE COMPONENTS - Built with flat diaphragm tweeters and 5.5 inch woofers, the S2000pro represents the top of the line powered speakers for home or studio use
- BLUETOOTH WIRELESS - Bluetooth 4.0 support with aptX decoder makes playing high fidelity audio from your mobile devices at ease.
- OPTICAL/COAXIAL INPUTS - Connect S2000pro via toslink or spdif connection for lossless digital audio streaming. AUX inputs via dual RCA or dual XLR ports at the back.
- INCLUDES REMOTE - A large remote control with clearly labeled buttons is included for convenience.
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY IN USA AND CANADA - S2000pro is proudly designed and manufactured by Edifier. The entire system is back with a 2 year warranty.
Here is another bookshelf speaker with good sound, beautiful design, and customer satisfaction in mind, the Edifier S2000Pro with Bluetooth enabled. It has diaphragm tweeters and powerful 5.5-inch woofers, so good you have a choice of using it in your home or in the studio. It has a built-in Bluetooth 4.0 with an aptX decoder for easy connection with any Bluetooth-enabled device.
The speaker comes with a remote control which means you control the sound from the comfort of your sofa, and also Aux input at the back with either optical or coaxial connections, the elegant design allows this speaker to blend with any room design. The flat diaphragm provides a fast response rate with good high frequencies, while the woofers produce deep bass and clear sound with 4 equalizer settings. The speaker has no outlet provision for additional subs this is because it is standalone, the sound is way up enough.
One thing to have in mind is that these speakers have no corrosion proof. You can connect this speaker to a computer using either optical or AUX cable.
The frequency response 48Hz~20KHz
Digital audio streaming
A remote control
- A lossless sound
- Excellent build
- Input options are excellent
- Smooth working controls
- Natural mids and highs
- Bluetooth enable
Read more about Top 10 Best Budget Bookshelf Speakers UK.
7. Kanto YU6 Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers
Kanto YU6 Powered Bookshelf Speakers with Bluetooth and Phono Preamp, Bamboo
1 used from $439.99
- REMARKABLE SOUND – Enclosed in handcrafted MDF cabinets measuring 10.7" tall, YU6’s 1” silk dome tweeters and 5.25” Kevlar drivers deliver crisp highs and wonderfully balanced mid-range, faithfully reproducing all your favorite tunes.
- EASY STREAMING – Built-in Bluetooth with Qualcomm aptX technology lets you enjoy high-quality streaming from the palm of your hand.
- VINYL-READY – Equipped with an integrated phono preamp, YU6 can be easily connected to any vintage or modern day turntable.
- SIGNAL DETECTION – YU6 features automatic standby and power-up modes, helping to conserve power when you’re gone and ensuring you never miss a beat when the music starts playing.
- REMOTE CONTROL – With volume, input, tone and balance controls, as well as playback options when using Bluetooth, the YU6 remote gives you full control over your audio.
Kanto YU6 Bluetooth bookshelf speakers have made it to our top 10 best bookshelf speakers for under 500, this is because Kanto YU6 speakers are packed with all the required features we are searching for. It is enclosed in handcrafted MDF, silk dome tweeters, and Kevlar drivers that produce clean highs and mid-range.
The inbuilt Bluetooth with Qualcomm aptX technology guarantees high-quality streaming and also with phono preamp for easy connection with any vintage or modern turntable. It has a signal detection with auto standby and power-up modes, and remote control for easy controls.
These are powerful bookshelf speakers with loud impact sound and class D amp, this will blow your mind away especially with the size, this is why we recommend this as one of the best bookshelf speakers under 500 pairs. Both medium size rooms or single level homes, these speakers will bump things up, the sound will surely fill an entire home, the cabinets are made from real bamboo.
Class D amplifier
5.25″ Kevlar drivers
Silk dome tweeters
Built-in phono preamp
RCA and AUX inputs
- Bluetooth enable
- Comes with remote control
- Has optical cable
- Loud sound production
- The bass has a high room presence
- Made with real bamboo
Read more about Best 10 Inch Subwoofers Reviews.
8. Monitor Audio Bronze 2 Bookshelf Speakers
Monitor Audio Bronze 2 Bookshelf Speakers - Walnut
- Powerful bookshelf speaker
- New C-CAM gold dome tweeter
- New 6-1/2" bass driver with concave 'dished' C-CAM cone profile
- Rigid 18mm MDF construction throughout, employing radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigid
- Premium quality vinyl veneer finishes in Black Oak and Walnut
The monitor Bronze 2 is another fantastic bookshelf speaker, it is the newest version of the Monitor Bronze BX2, making it into our top list of best bookshelf stereo speakers under 500. This speaker comes with features like a neutral tonal balance, a high detail resolution, high efficiency, and power handling. It is also equipped with a powerful bass driver, a front-firing HiVe, and a tweeter that delivers an astonishing sound.
It doesn’t break up on the high drive, it produces a lifelike tone and natural detail resolution. The speaker is well defined with a cool combination of design and sound making it among the perfect best bookshelf speakers of all time. They also have 5 away binding ports, and you can use spades with the speaker connectors. These bookshelf speakers are covered with high vinyl with a light texture. Recommended speaker stand.
You can choose to pair the Bronze 2 speaker with either Onkyo integrated amp a-9010, Kenwood KA-7300 amp, Nad D3020 amp, or the Onkyo TX-NR636 amp, they work great and they can match the speaker. Most people prefer placing these speakers on the sides, they do work fine, but it’s not a guarantee, we always advise you to try it first then see what happens.
Impedance 8 Ohm
Frequency response 42 Hz – 30 kHz
Efficiency rating 90db
C-CAM gold dome tweeter
6-1/2″ bass driver with concave ‘dished’ C-CAM cone
- Beautiful finish
- Crisp and clear sound
- Very easy to power
- Heavy bass
Read more on Floor Standing Speakers With Subwoofer.
9. SVS Prime Bookshelf Speaker
SVS Prime Wireless Speaker (Piano Black Gloss)
- True stereo separation for fully immersive natural sounding music
- Wireless high-resolution streaming of your favorite music services
- Six front panel presets for instant access to your music services or playlists
- Access to your personal music libraries from any device
- Convenient Bluetooth Optical and Aux audio inputs
The SVS Prime bookshelf speaker can not only perform as a bookshelf but as a surround system, the speaker delivers quality and stunning sound dynamics as fronts, surrounds, or center channels. The woofer delivers free coloration bass output, smooth, precise, and clear midrange. It also has a deep low-frequency extension, clear high volumes and the dome tweeter is really efficient in reducing tweeter diffraction.
If you are looking for pitched sound effects and crips natural sound, then SVS prime will deliver. The speaker boost of lower distortion, tighter tolerances, and better heat dissipation, is why the SVS prime made it to our top 10 best bookshelf speakers for under $500. It has one of the best transmissions between tweeter and woofer which is very smooth, with sounds similar to a single full-range drive.
Because the port is in the back in line with the tweeter, you will have to create reasonable space behind the speaker. These speakers are not self-powered, you need a receiver or amp, it is best as part of a home theater setup. If you like some good entry-level audiophile amp, then you should first get one that is above 20 watts, the Nad D3020 amp will be ideal.
Rated bandwidth 48 Hz-25 kHz (±3 dB)
Nominal impedance 8 ohms
Sensitivity: 87 dB
- The highs and midrange sound lifelike
- Very clear and extremely accurate
- Beautifully finished
- A very strong bass
- Music and movies are crystal clear
10. Q Acoustics 3020 Bookshelf Speaker
Q Acoustics 3030i Bookshelf Speaker Pair (Graphite)
- Innovative point-to-point cabinet bracing gives extraordinary rigidity and virtually eliminates distortion
- Bigger Bookshelf cabinets fitted with Floorstander driver units. Capable of astonishingly low 46Hz bass response and excellent 88dB sensitivity
- Enclosure Type: 2-way reflex, Bass Driver: 165 mm (6.5 in), Tweeter: 22 mm (0.9 in), Frequency Response: 46Hz – 30kHz, Impedance: 6 Ohms, Minimum Impedance: 4 Ohms, Sensitivity: (2.83 [email protected] m) 88dB, Power Input: 50-145 W, Cross-over Frequency: 2.4kHz
- You can buy the matching Black or White 3030FSi floor stands to mount 3030i bookshelf speakers
- Includes: 2 x 3030i bookshelf speakers, 2 x Speaker Grilles, 2 x Foam Bungs, 1 x User Manual
If you are looking for small but mighty, here is it, the Q Acoustics 3020 bookshelf speaker with detailed and precise sound. The Q Acoustic 3020 has a 2 in 1 dome tweeter and bass driver made from Aramid fiber paper, creating a powerfully open and realistic soundstage.
The large diameter bass cone is very deep and powerful compared to the Q Acoustic 3010. The speaker can be used in small or large rooms and require a moderate amp to produce a realist sound. The design is smooth, slick, and attractive, it will complement any room design or settings, it can be stand-mounted or placed in a desirable position. These are passive speakers, you will need an integrated amp with a phono section or phono pre-amp and a stereo amp. Recommended speaker stand.
You have to see this speaker in action to believe, we have tried and that is why it earned its place in our best passive bookshelf speakers under 500. These speakers can either be placed vertical and horizontal placement, either way, the sound difference is hardly noticeable.
Frequency response (+/- 3 dB): 64Hz – 22kHz
Nominal impedance 6 Ohm
Minimum impedance 4 Ohm
Recommended power 25 – 75w
Crossover frequency 2.9kHz
- Crisp and vivid sound field
- Clear and well-controlled mid ranges
- A superb built
- Realistic soundstage
- Creates valve-like warmness
What are bookshelf speakers?
A bookshelf speaker is a compact loudspeaker design for home audio and as part of a shelf stereo pair or home theater package. The bookshelf speakers are usually compact in size and are mostly placed on bookshelves, on a stand, or on a surface. Wiki
What to look for in Bookshelf Speakers under $500?
What to look for in Bookshelf Speakers under $500? There are a number of things you should look at when parting away with your hard-earned money. Before we proceed, you also have to know that in recent years lots of improvements have gone into these speakers from a larger size to compact size. From the enclosures to connectivity, from wired to wireless, many of these have either improved for good or sacrificed for price.
Spending $500 on bookshelf speakers may seem too big for some or too little for others, but the truth is “what you are buying is it worth the price?” fair enough, for someone looking for details which is the first step, the price will worth it. Here is what to look for in Bookshelf Speakers under $500
Like the bookshelf speakers under $500 we look at are all compact, will fit into any environment and space. Some of them are standalone while others are passive, the setup of these speakers are straight and can easily act as either part of a home theater setup. That is why you have to know what you already have to know what you are getting. A newbie wouldn’t know what’s needed e.g an amp, but an old-timer will know whether the turntable they have will work on it or not.
You have to know the features like the frequency response, wattage, Ohm, and more. Is it bluettoth enable, dome size, and bass driver size. You have to know what you need for it to produce the desired sound, like connection parts, user manual, and any external device.
For a $500 bookshelf speaker, the design should say it all, even though the design is not all that matters. You can find a bookshelf speaker under $100 with a classic design but don’t expect that it should match a $500 speaker. Some of these speakers are sold today base on design and brand, not quality. The Q Acoustic 3020 is a good example, it is compact and small in size, but when it turned on, the ears begin to tremble, come to other larger ones, they will additional sub to back it up..
Some of these bookshelf speakers are passive speakers which means you will need a receiver, some of them are powered which means they can play without help. Some of them are Bluetooth enable and come with remote control and most of these speakers are easy to connect.
Presumably, $500 for a bookshelf is a reasonable price for some, these prices don’t usually come as the cost of making one, but the price of the brand. Price is one tag that tends to increase, even when quality has disintegrated, the bookshelf speakers you will find here are quality assured with the highest customer ratings.
This is one particular area you shouldn’t overlook because this is what will save you from a total loss. Most manufacturers offer warranties or guarantees on all of the bookshelf speakers, where this comes in handy is when there is damage after a short while or you change your mind after purchase. Always read the terms of purchase to avoid future regrets.
What are the best budget bookshelf speakers?
If you are looking for the best budget speakers, look no more, we have a list of budget bookshelf speakers under 100. But in the case you want something a bit more then have a look at some of the best bookshelf speakers under 200, bookshelf speakers under 300, and bookshelf speakers under 400. The choice now is yours to make from a vast number of the best bookshelf speakers in the market today.
How far apart should bookshelf speakers be?
For people asking how far apart should bookshelf speakers be, we recommend 4 feet of separation or 8 feet separation for floorstanding speakers. One of the reasons why the sound is muddy because they blend together as a result of being too close. If set apart, there will be a gap between the two halves of the stereo.
Do I need a subwoofer with bookshelf speakers?
In general terms you don’t need a subwoofer with bookshelf speakers, most of these bookshelf speakers are large and in most cases used alongside home theaters. But most of the smaller speakers will need a subwoofer to support them. Remember that some of them use larger drivers which will make your combination hard to position and expensive also.
We have done our best to bring you the best bookshelf speakers under 500, these speakers are all unique in their own rank, the prices are reasonable, the quality is awesome, and deliver precision sound. We hope you enjoy reading and leave a comment and share. Visit our Pinterest account.
- Under $500 bookshelf reviews
- 1. MartinLogan Motion 4i Bookshelf Speaker
- 2. Klipsch RP-600M Bookshelf Speakers
- 3. NHT C Series C-3 3-Way Bookshelf Speaker
- 4. MartinLogan LX16 Bookshelf Speaker
- 5. Jamo C93 II Bookshelf Speakers
- 6. Edifier S2000pro Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers
- 7. Kanto YU6 Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers
- 8. Monitor Audio Bronze 2 Bookshelf Speakers
- 9. SVS Prime Bookshelf Speaker
- 10. Q Acoustics 3020 Bookshelf Speaker
- What are bookshelf speakers?
- What to look for in Bookshelf Speakers under $500?
- What are the best budget bookshelf speakers?
- How far apart should bookshelf speakers be?
- Do I need a subwoofer with bookshelf speakers?